Goddess-1

She brings the boys out

Since the beginning of time, Eunji has been a goddess who sought out vengeance. Throughout time, she has seen the bloodshed of war, the unhappiness of love and the destruction of humanity. The one mortal who made her want to be human and to want to love, has been torn away by Baekhyun, King of the Gods. If Eunji were to ever see Chanyeol again, Baekhyun would surely kill him without hesitation- but she can’t help it. She has to see Chanyeol again. She will protect him, no matter the cost. She can’t lose him after millennia of searching for him.

So what will happen when Baekhyun finds out where she’s gone? Whose life will be lost? Will there be anybody left to tell her tale?


I unlocked the door to my studio apartment, as my human eyes starting to leak. I wiped the salty water away impatiently.

“I told you to get out.” I said as I walked in, to find Chanyeol sitting on my bed. My heart ached to be near him again. He was within reach. But I couldn’t reach out.

“Yes, you did. But I know there’s something else you’re not telling me. You could never keep things from me. Remember? Or has he taken that away as well?” he said angrily, getting up and walking over to where I was standing. My façade dropped. I couldn’t pretend that I didn’t want him here. He made me feel like a human, not a goddess that has sought out vengeance, since the beginning of time.

“Do you have a death wish?” I said lowering my voice. “If he finds out that you’re here, he’ll kill you without a second glance.” I said pointing to the ceiling. Chanyeol smiled, triumphantly. He always could see through my exterior emotions.

“Well maybe if you stood up to him and told him that we love each other and that nothing is going to get between us…” He trailed off.

“No Chanyeol. You have to stop harbouring the thought of you and I ever being together again.” My façade went up again. Even if he could see through it, it would be what would keep him safe.

“Why? Why can’t we be together again? What’s stopping us Eunji?” he pleads.

“Because I don’t love you anymore, Chanyeolander. We were a mistake. There’s a reason why Gods and mortals shouldn’t be together.” I said going over to the windows and closing the blinds, my heart breaking with the words that are coming out of my mouth.

“Then why does it sound like you’re trying to convince yourself, more than you’re trying to convince me?” He said walking over and grabbing my arms.

“Take your hands off me.” I said powerfully. He let go, leaving his hands still up in the air. My arms felt like they were on fire where he touched me. I should never have come back here. “Now please, leave Chanyeol. He will kill you if he even suspects that we’re together.”

 

“Why do you care? You just told me you don’t love me.” He said casually, walking over to our bed and laying down with his hands under his head. Seeing him there brought back memories that were making this good-bye harder than it had to be. I hesitated before answering him.

 

Of course I still loved Chanyeol. I love him with all my heart. I probably would until the end of time. He was my soulmate. I was the only one who knew though. Seeing him lay on our bed like he had so many times before brought back the night were it had been so cold in this human body, that we had the covers pulled up to our shoulders, and snuggled into each other so there wasn’t any cold air between us. It had been the first night we had been here. The first night that I had stayed away from the other gods in centuries. Chanyeol saw the hesitation.

“Does he really have that much power over you?” he asked quietly. I nodded. The façade dropped again. My eyes began to produce water. This is what it felt like to cry. I quickly wiped it away, so Chanyeol didn’t see. He walked over and embraced me and I leant my head on his shoulder. In that moment, I gave up on what I had to tell him. I forgot that I’d been told to get the rest of my stuff and be out in an hour. I forgot that I was a goddess. I forgot about my powers of the elements. I forgot everything except the feel of Chanyeol’s warm body against mine. After a few moments, Chanyeol lifted my chin up so I could see those beautiful blue-green eyes that I had often got lost in. I couldn’t tell who moved first, but suddenly our lips met. It was like the first time we had kissed. Sweet. Passionate. Gentle. Then it changed, it was more forceful, hungrier. Like we had seconds to live. One hand wound its way through my hair as the other wrapped itself around my waist and pulled me closer to him as my arms twisted around his neck. I may have the physical strength of a goddess, but I sure as hell didn’t have the mental strength when Chanyeol was involved.

 

My thoughts and Chanyeol were ripped out of my head and arms in a second. I looked over to where Chanyeol was unconscious on the floor against the brick wall beside our bed. Baekhyun was standing before me with an expression on his face that I had seen only when he was really angry.

“Why in Daylan’s name did you do that for?” I yelled at Baekhyun running over to Chanyeol.

“You dare to still use my brother’s name?” Baekhyun said. I turned around and gave him a look to end all looks. If I could kill a god with a look, Baekhyun would have been long dead. “Aw, Don’t look at me like that. You were the one who told me that he didn’t matter anymore.”

“You said that you were going to kill him! I said that so you would think that I wouldn’t care and you would have left him alone.”

“Ah. See, love makes us all do crazy things, Eunji.” He said. The smug smile still on his face. You would think that if you were King of the Gods that you’d be a little more humble.

“I could never love you.” I said, Chanyeol’s hair. I could feel the life in him slowly start to slip away.

“Wrong again, Eunji. We’re soulmates.” I looked up at him. Anger flooding through my body. Although it pained me to do it, I gently placed Chanyeol on the bed before he could get caught in the crossfire.

“Now it’s your turn to be wrong.” I said walking into the middle of the studio. “Chanyeolander is my soulmate. Not everyone loves you Baekhyun! You are the coldest hearted God who everyone lives in fear of! If it’s not done your way, they die in some accident. They’re mortals! They have families! Lives! They have feelings! Just because you don’t, doesn’t mean no one else does!” I yelled at the king of gods with tears streaming down my cheeks. Baekhyun looks taken aback. Then another smug smile crosses him lips.

 

I look back over at Chanyeol. His eyes were open. “Eunji?” He could barely speak. I ran over to the bed. His hands were getting colder. His skin was draining of colour.

“No, No. Don’t do this to me Chanyeol. Come on. Stay with me.” Why did everything in this life have to be so hard?

“I love you, Eunji.” Chanyeol said with his last breath.

“Stay with me Chanyeol. Come on!” I pleaded with him even though I had felt the last fraction of life slip from his soul. Tears now cascaded down my face.

“He’s gone, Eunji. He was weak.” Baekhyun said laughing. I laid Chanyeol’s lifeless head against the pillow gently again then stood up.

 

I could feel the change start to happen. My body became more solid, my mind became clearer. My hearing and eyesight returned to normal. I felt power run through my veins. My clothes changed from jeans and a jacket, to a long white flowing robe. I let the true vengeance goddess within me come out. I could feel the change in the atmosphere. Baekhyun must have felt it too. His eyes grew in fear.

“He was a mortal! I loved him! You killed him because you were jealous. Why do you have to take everything from me?” I yell at Baekhyun now.

“Killing your brother was an accident! He got to close.” I said raising my hands just as the thunderstorm that had been brewing outside cracked thunder. “You might not be so lucky.” Baekhyun looked around with fear in his eyes.

“You took the one thing I cared about. So now I’ll take yours.” I yell at him over the thunder. As the sound of the third clap of thunder rang out, a lightening bolt flew through the window and hit him in the middle of his heart. I saw the light fade out of his eyes as he then fell to the ground and disappeared into a million pieces of gold. Then it was gone. I felt my body weaken, my mind become foggy again. My eyesight and hearing went blurry, the power faded out of my veins. My robe changed back to jeans and jacket.

 

I stumbled over to the bed where Chanyeol’s body still lay cold and lifeless. My body fell against the side of the bed.

“I’m sorry.” I whispered into his chest with my tears still flowing. I wondered if they would ever stop. “I can’t live here without you. Not after millennia with out you.” This pain in my chest was too much, nothing should have been able to hurt this much. I cry out in pain as the lightening bolt struck my chest. I couldn’t hold this much longer.

 

I didn’t have to. I saw my body go limp, fall to the ground and then disappear into gold dust that was swept away from the wind that was coming through the cracked glass.

“Why?” A voice said beside me as a hand squeezed mine.

“So we could be together. Finally.” I said looking into Chanyeol’s eyes. They were filled with love. And that was all I needed. He leaned in and kissed me, and I was at peace after countless millennia of being filled with vengeance.


  

 Chanji as requested by chanji_happyvirus!