Love vs Competition-2

She brings the boys out

-----flashback---

AUTHOR POV:

They were stunned to find out that both of them had applied for the same singing competition, Superstar K6. Moreover both of them were accepted. They'de  promsied that they would to cheer for eachother no matter who got in but who was to expect that they would be competing against each other as rivals?

' Eunji, I can't deal with the perssure of you being girlfriend and my rival right now' 

'I think we should slow things down-take a break, so we can focus on our-self and the competition?' He suggested. 

Truth of the matter was that though he loved Eunji very dearly, this was his one and only opportunity to success. His dreams of becoming a singer depended on his progress in the competition and he trusted that Eunji and him would find each other again after the competition.

'Fine lets break up! Thats what you want right? Stop being a coward and just say that instead of making these silly excuses' she hissed in anger.

His words had scarred her, though she knew he would be her rival soon, she wanted to have him by her side, supporting her and  cheering her on as she would to him. No matter who won she was determiend to survive the competition together. Heartbroken and in misery, she handed him her promise ring and left.

As soon as she was a good distance away from him, her eyes immeadietly welled up with tears but she refused to let them fall. She was independent, strong and motivated and had decided that she didn't need a man anymore. She'd find success and fulfill her passion on her own.

-----present ---

HYUNGSIK POV:

After Yoseob, Taeyeon, Ailee and IU had all , respectively, sang their songs the semi-finals were over. The judges had said they would tally the audiences votes, their individual votes and the SNS netizen's votes to determing the two singers into the finals. 

We all stood in a line, facing the audience, facing the judges, I saw eunji tremble. She was shaking and I couldn't stop myself from holding her hand in assurance. She twitched at my touch but couldn't do anything since we had houndreds of eyes on us so instead, she glared at me. 

The finalists were annouced to be Me, Eunji, Yoseob and Ailee. I coul've have been happiner at that momnet, both of were closer to achieving our dreams I thought.

But I saw pure spite and disguest in her eyes, my heart ached in dissapointment. I'd never meant to break up with her, I would'nt dream of it... I had to tell her soon

EUNJI POV:

'Ji-yah, wait. I never wanted to break up with you, I only meant for us to not spend as much time togetehr since it's both our dreams to becomg singers and we need to focus on preapring and practicing for the competition' He said is a tone of despair as he grabbed my wrists and halted me. 
 
'Hmm, as if! Now you want me back? It's just so you can trip me off my game arn't you?' I growled in frustration. Did he really think I was that stupid? I knew what he was trying to do all too well, he was trying to distrub me because he's afraid I might win.                    
 
'Not a chance in hell' I yelled kicking him, hard, in the shin!