Catch me if you can-2

She brings the boys out

"Ok, so for the past two months, that girl, Rania has been trying to get me to go out with her. I continued to shut her down every time. I never once led her on, but she continued to bother me. She would leave notes in my locker. She's called my house many times. I never picked up, but she would leave messages begging me to call her back. She's only in one of my classes, but in that class she sits behind me and she'll pass notes to me and she'll play with my hair. I tell her to leave me alone and that I have a girlfriend that I love very much, but she never backs off. When I went to the bathroom at the dance, she waited for me outside the bathroom and begged me to dance with her. I told her no and said I was there with you, my girlfriend. She said fine, but at least dance with her once, and that if I did that she would stop everything she was doing and leave me alone. I made her promise to leave me alone if I danced with her for one song. And she promised, so that's why we were dancing. I am not attracted to her at all. I don't even like her as a person. I just wanted it all to stop. I wanted her to leave me alone." He said, while his eyes pleaded with me. I thought about it for a minute.

 

"Wait, so you're telling me that this has been going on for two months and you never told me anything about it?" I was doubting his story.

"Yes it has, but I didn't want to get you involved or anything. It wasn't a big deal. I didn't like her and she never said or did anything around you. I was going to tell you, but it wasn't important to me." He said trying to convince me.

 

"It wasn't important to you? Some girl is trying to steal you away from me and you don't even tell me!" I said getting angry again. He was starting to get restless.

"You're right, I should have told you. I don't like her at all. And I'm sorry this whole thing happened. I didn't want to tell you because I wanted it to all be over. I didn't want to hurt you." I said on the edge of tears.

 

"Well it did hurt me. I can't believe you wouldn't tell me this. Is there anything else you haven't told me?" His eyes met mine and I could see deep into him.

"No, I promise. I have never lied to you. This is the only thing I've kept from you and I thought it would be good for you. I thought I was protecting you, but I was wrong. I was so wrong. And I couldn't be more sorry. Please, forgive me. I promise to tell you everything from now on. I've learned my lesson." his eyes were still connected to mine.

 

I wasn't sure what to say. I could tell he was serious, but I was still upset about everything. I thought about it for a minute and then made my decision.

"Fine, I forgive you. I'll give you another chance, but you have some trust to build back again." I said letting him know that he was forgiven but not completely off the hook.

When I said that, it looked like a burden was lifted off of his shoulders. He looked relieved.

"Ok, I understand. And I promise to do whatever it takes to get you to trust me again." He said with confidence.

"Ok, well, let's get out of here. I'm tired and you're soaking wet. You need to get into some dry clothes." He nodded.

We got up and made our way out of the cafe. All the other customers eyes followed us out as we left. The rain had stopped and we walked back towards our houses hand in hand.

 

"What are you thinking about?" Henry said, shaking me out of my thoughts. We were almost back to my house.

"Oh, I was just thinking about some of the hard times that we went through and still came out strong."

A little smirk appeared on his face.

"Yeah, we have been through a lot sweetheart, but we always make it through everything."

I smiled.

"We do." The rest of the short ride was in silence.

When we made it back to my house, Henry walked me up to my door. He stood there for a moment and just looked at me. He seemed to be thinking about something. I was about to ask him if everything was alright, but he began to speak before I could.

 

"I've been meaning to talk to you about something." he said while he kept looking at me.

 

"Alright, go ahead." I told him allowing him to continue. I was pretty curious, he seemed serious.

"Well, I've wanted to tell you that I was offered a position at the company I have been interning for. And it is a great opportunity for me." he paused.

 

"That's great! I'm so proud of you!" I said as I hugged him.

"Thanks, it is great. It is just that, it is at a branch of the company that is eight hours away from here. I would have to move." He said looking at me waiting for my response.

 

"Wait, seriously? You want to move eight hours away from here, and you are just going to leave everything we had behind? After all we've been through, you're just gonna give it all away? I can't believe you!" I was so upset that he was going to throw everything we had away.

 

"No, it's not like that. I wanted to..." I cut him off.

"No, it is like that, you're ridiculous. I can't believe you would do this to me!" I said as I turned away from him and took off.

I ran, as fast I could, I ran.

And I didn't look back.

I can't slow down.

I have to get away.

I can't believe this is happening

I have to keep running.

 

I ran faster than i've ever run before. Nothing could get in my way. Nothing could stop me. I have to get away from this pain. I had to run away from this feeling.

He was leaving me. He was going to follow his dreams and leave me behind. I can't handle the thought of loosing him.

I ran so long that I had to stop. I slowed down and fell to my knees and began to weep.

All my emotions were flowing from my eyes. I didn't want anyone to see me like this, so I looked around. I found myself kneeling right outside the park that I ran to after my very first fight with Henry. I always ran. I can't handle the pain, so running away always seemed to help me. But not right now. I have never felt pain like this before.

 

I picked myself up and made my way over to the same tube slide I laid in three years ago. The memories of this park flooded my mind and made the pain I was feeling now all the worse. I crawled up the slide and stopped in the middle. I curled my knees up to my chest and hugged them, while I buried my face into my knees. And I sobbed, not holding anything back, I let it all out. I wanted Henry to be there to comfort me. I wanted him to hold me, but he was leaving me. I was being left behind. I couldn't handle the thought of loosing him.

 

I cried for the longest time, until I couldn't cry anymore. I stretched out my legs and just laid in the slide trying to sort everything out. I laid there for a while and I began to shiver. I was getting cold. I decided it was time for me to get up and go home.

 

As I was about to slide down, I felt movement in the slide. I couldn't tell if it was coming from the top or the bottom of the slide. I just laid still, until I felt a hand grab my right ankle and begin to pull me down to the bottom of the slide. It didn't hurt me, but I still wasn't strong enough to get out of the grasp. I began to scream, and try to kick the person off. It wasn't helping me at all. When I reached the bottom of the slide and my feet hid the sand, the hand let go of my ankle. I looked down and saw Henry kneeling right in front of me.

 

"What the heck, Henry. You scared me half to death. I thought I was getting kidnapped or something." I explained to him.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to scare you, I just didn't want you to run away again. I need to explain all of this to you" He said trying to explain himself.

 

"What else is there to explain? You're leaving me behind!" I said letting all of the anger go and allowing him to see me as a complete wreck about to break down.

"No, you misunderstood me." He started.

"What is there to misunderstand?" I asked interrupting him.

"Please just listen." he pleaded.

"Alright, I'm listening." He looked down at the ground and took a deep breath. Then he looked back up and me and began talking.

 

"Eunji, You mean everything to me. I never want to hurt you in anyway. We have been through so much together and I know that whatever we face, we can come out strong if we are together. I don't want to loose you. I can't stand the thought of never being with you. I didn't respond to the position yet, because there is something that I need to do first. I know that I can't do all of this on my own. I need you right there with me through everything I face. I need you to be by my side, through the good times, and the the rough times, for forever. Eunji, you mean more to me than I could describe with any words that exist. The feelings I have for you go deeper than any other feeling I have ever had. I need you with me throughout my entire life. Eunji, will you marry me?"

 

He asked while he was kneeling in front of me and I was sitting at the end of the slide. I didn't know what to say. I was speechless. I literally couldn't speak. One minute I think that he wants to leave me and the next he asks me to marry him. I though about what it would be like to be with him forever. I had never felt more confident in any decision that I have ever made. I knew what my answer was.

 

"Henry, I love you so much. I thought I was going to loose you and I couldn't handle the thought of that. I would wither away without you. Yes, I will marry you!" I said as I couldn't hold back the tears of joy that were slowly falling from my eyes.

 

He smiled up at me and reached into his pocket. He pulled out a little black box. When he opened it I saw the most beautiful diamond I had ever laid my eyes on. It was perfect. He took it out of the box and slipped it on my finger. Perfect fit. He stood up in front of me and helped me stand up. He wrapped his arms around me and pulled me into him. His lips met with mine and we shared the most passionate kiss we have ever shared. It made ever fear I had about him leaving me fall away. Everything that I thought was wrong, just faded away when he kissed me. When our lips separated he rested his forehead against mine and stared into my eyes.

 

"Henry, you always seem to find me when I run away. How do you do it?" I wondered how he always knew what to do.

"Eunji, I will run after you until I find you. I will never stop looking for you, even if it takes my whole life. I will always catch you. I love you!" he responded.

 

"You're amazing. I love you too!" I smiled up at him.

He smiled his amazing smile back at me and leaned in and kissed me again, next to the slide in the park, where he promised to always catch me.