My Best Friend's Boyfriend-1

She brings the boys out

Hongbin is alone at the club, his girlfriend nowhere in sight.

Eunji is in love with him, but her best-friend is more improtant to her, she'd never betray her friend's trust... Right?


It was odd to see Hongbin stand in front of a bar without my best friend, Eunmi.  Hongbin had short dark hair and chocolate brown eyes that made him perfect to watch. There was a charm about him, and it wasn’t hard to find out why Eunmi was in love with him but so was I. He would always have something nice to say, and his eyes could make any girl in their right mind swoon for him. At that moment, he was standing in a crowd with Eunmi nowhere to be seen.

 

“Hey, Hongbin,” I said, moving to stand next to him. I couldn’t just stare at him from a far the whole night. It would be weird for the both of us.

He turned to look at me, causing his black shirt to fall open at the top. Shock ran across his face; he clearly didn’t expect to see me here by the look on his face. “Eunji, what are you doing here on a Friday night? Is N with you?” he questioned as his eyes looked for my ex-boyfriend.

I shook my head. “N broke up with me two days ago. I thought Eunmi told you,” I answered, giving him a weak smile.

 

Cha Hakyeon had been my boyfriend for about two years. Things with him weren’t exactly perfect, and I wasn’t really hurt that we broke up. I had very strong feelings for someone else. Honestly, if I thought about it, my lack of feelings for him was the reason why N packed his things and left with just a note. He had been quite distant the month before leaving, and I just didn’t care.

 

“She doesn’t talk to me about you a lot even if I ask,” he admitted. He turned to look at me more fully. The music was blasting from the speakers, but it wasn’t something that we weren’t used to. Being at club on a Friday night was normal for us.

 

Hongbin and I had always been partiers which was how we met. We had a mutual friend who introduced us to the party, and somehow I introduced him to Eunmi. It was after I started to date N, so it wasn’t like I could hide Hongbin from her forever. There would come a point that they would meet. I just didn’t mean to play matchmaker between the two of them.

 

It’s just that Eunmi had been trying to keep Hongbin away from me when she was around the last few months. It was like she knew that I never stopped wanting Hongbin as something more than a friend. She wouldn’t act like she was doing it on purpose, but she was hanging on him more now than when they first started to date.

 

I was jealous that Eunmi was with  Hongbin when I was the one who wanted him. There had been times that I thought about confessing to Hongbin my feelings, but then I would end up hurting my best friend who I knew since I was a toddler. I just couldn’t do that to her even though she heard me say that I liked Hongbin when I first met him which was two years ago. At times, I felt as if she just got with Hongbin to piss me off because many of the guys she liked wanted me even though I never got with them.

 

“Where is she, by the way?” I asked, screaming in his ear.

“She doesn’t know I’m here. She won’t even let me come near one of these things when they are closed anymore,” he replied with a hint of laughter in his voice. His eyes darted to my chest for a second, and I didn’t pretend to scold him or act like I didn’t notice it.

 

I should have been worried about what he was doing and why he was there without Eunmi knowing. I should have walked away, but a more dominant part of me told me to stay and not worry about that. I could tell what he was doing as he looked at my cleavage for the second time. The worst part of all this was that I leaned forward when I called to the bartender, giving Hongbin a better angle.

 

“Do you want to dance with me?” he asked. He leaned close enough for my shoulder to touch his chest when I turned to grab the drink from the bar.

 

I downed the whiskey and nodded. His hand grabbed mine as he led me to the middle of the dance floor. He stopped and let me put my arms around his neck while he put his hands on my hips. The song changed to some pop song that I haven’t heard before, but it didn’t stop me to move my body against Hongbin’s.

 

We danced for a few songs, and I forgot that he was dating my closest friend. I forgot that I should slap him for pulling me closer as he grinded his hips into mine. All I could think about was that my body was against his and that was all that I wanted. I wanted him to consume my world more than he already did. I wanted him to take me back to my apartment and show me what he looked like . These wishes had been playing in my head for two years, and in that moment they needed to happen.

 

“I have forgotten how well you can dance,” he told me as he moved his hips again.

“It’s been a while since we danced together,” I replied, remembering the last time we danced. It was almost six months since we had done this, and it wasn’t even this heated. Eunmi was even watching us as she danced with N.

 

His brown eyes captured mine, and then he leaned forward. It was clear what was coming, and I wasn’t about to stop him. His lips gently landed on mine. Then it slowly became heated as the kiss continued. When we pulled away, no one was looking at us. Why would they? They probably thought that we were a couple-not a girl rubbing up against her best friend’s boyfriend.

 

I was a terrible friend for letting it happen. Eunmi was never going to trust me if she found out, and I just didn’t care. I even planted my lips on his for a second time. There was nothing else in the world besides the two of us. We were just two people who seemed to have attraction to one another, and we danced.