Iron Lady-1

She brings the boys out

Dabble inspired by the traditionsa dn customs of Japanese entertainer/dancers known as "Geisha's" and from the book, "Memoirs of A Geisha" 


Women of my occupation are professional dancers, only performers of rich heritage and the ancient cultures but I’m different. I pursue a more interesting path; seduction is my forte but don’t be mistaken, I never let them e my preserved innocence. I admit I’m tarnished by the sins of greed and money but I am no e. I merely let the weakly men fall at feet, mesmerized by my beauty.

 

“Eunji, be prepared you’ll be entertaining  Mr. Jung later in the day’ mother informed me. Mother was undoubtably fond of this man’s generosity and had always reminded me to treat him with extra care, so I chose to wear a beautiful razzmatazz tinted silk kimono intricately adorned with embroidery.

 

The kitsuke dressed me in the clothing tucking and folding the expensive fabric into place. As for my hair, it was pinned up with my most treasured hair ornament, it was encrusted with a green-jeweled peacock that had it’s feathers hanging freely from the end. Like the peacock naturally replacing his feather, I wanted my beauty to be renewed and immortal. Lastly the makeup was applied, the brush floated across my cheeks leaving behind a trail of dark fuchsia powder that accentuated my cheek books. A part of me longed to wear the traditional make-up, the wax, the white powder and the bottom lip coloured in vermilion. How the mask of white hid my identity so well, while the rep lipstick sealed my secrets from spurring out.

 

I gracefully set the two cups on the tray and kneeled in front of the door, and slid the door open. Crossing the threshold, I kneeled once again and closed the door placing the drink for the tea ceremony to commemorate.

As I danced, twirling frivolously waving the golden fan in circular motion, I watched the glisten in his eyes grow intensely watched my every movement, he was captivated to the rhythm of elegance, dazed by my song of beauty and the strums of the lute. I had become a snake that had his heart constricted in my grasp, showing the slightest bit of skin provoked him. He impatiently gestured for me to approach him, engaging in small-talk I turned up my charm trying to ignore the disgust I felt towards the man.

 

As expected, he leaned forward and planting a kiss on the side of my cheek, his facial hair prickling my supple skin. His hands started to manoeuver to my face, as he cupped my face he whispered words of flattery but I was prepared. I halted him from proceeding, like I do with all my victims, urging him to finish his tea. Sure enough the string concentration of sake mixed within the tea had taken effect, he fell into a deep sleep. Resting on the futon his body remained frozen, I patiently waited to see if he’d awaken but he didn’t. I approached him, searching his pocket for what I desired most, money.

 

“It’s only for a while longer” I keep reminding myself, “ I not a ‘ filthy scavenger’ or ‘insatiably lustful’’ like the others gossip behind my back. I’m strong, a survivor I keep repeating inside my head. I remember the night that changed me, the night that destroyed my entire being and forced me to be the person I am today; hateful, cunning and repulsive. , I was the victim….

What sickened me was that the face of the savage that attacked me was concealed. Like me his identity remained masked, the resemblance of myself to the treacherous creature I had encountered made me despise being a maiko.

 

To this day his menacing grin haunts my sleep, the nights I wake up screaming from the terrible nightmares of him returning for me and the abomination growing within me are uncountable. I’ve arrange to abort the filth that resides in my womb, I refuse to have the barbaric rascals’ spawn as my child but I need money. Money is my only savior.

 

In the garden I sat, listening to the birds chirping amongst the sakura flowers, watching the sun beaming, barely a cloud in sight I felt peaceful. For once, the hatred had gone, the tranquil feeling soon deserted me too as I remember the years of extensive training, learning communication, hospitality and various other traditional Japanese arts I had endure. I’ve waited years for the day I finally become a geisha, when I blossom into a new person and leave the dreaded past behind but what if my pregnancy is revealed? What will become of me?