Love vs Competition-1

She brings the boys out

EUNJI POV:

The harsh light and the effervescent glow of the soptlight blinded me for a moment. I struggled to keep my eyes open yet I saw the huge mass of crown only meters from me. Their high expectations of me was stressful enough but the fact that the semi-finals was to be broadcasted live was just the tip of the ice-berg.

I don't know how long I'd been standing on stage but it'd left like many, painful hours had passed before the 3 judges in front of me asked to hear my song.

I'd picked quite a daring and rique, a song about the last Korean dynasty's Queen: Empress Myeongseong, who was brutally murdered by the Japanese.

Would it be enough to get me thorugh to the finals?

(If I leave: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=se6iCPanGkU-- check it out, you'll understand!)

EUNJI POV:

I faced the audience, bowed down in respect and lifted my head. I was ready for this, this moment was what I've been dreaming of my entire life I urged the nervousness and fright within me to vanish as I opened my mouth. 

AUTHOR POV:

'ssulssu-rhan dalbit arae 
nae gurimja hana saeng-gigodeun 
kuddaen marhaebolkkayo i ma-eum 
turona churago' 

Her soulful voice echoed throughout the whole venue and captured the hearts of the crowd, as they watched her emotinal performace they swayed in resposnes. Some even queitly lip-sang along with her and contemplated about the tradegy that had occured.

HYUNGSIK POV:

I watched her eagerly from backstage, her voice escalated with every tune and her soothing words bounched of perfectly. She'd nailed the tempo and her pitch was magnificant for this saddening OST. She truly was one of a kind, I'd underestimated her vocals before but look where she is now- with me in the semi-finals for Superstar K6! 

As the song progressed, I naturally closed my eyes and felt myself being enticed by her voice. She'd hypnotized the enitre audience,

'i salmi ta hago naya altende 
naega i sesa-ngeul tan-yeogan ku iyul 
na kago sulpohanun i 
na sulpumsogedo haengbokhaetdon midke' she finished only to be greeting with utter silence.

The crowd was in shock and took a few moments to recover from her heat- tembling singing but the cheers, crys's and screams that came after were indescribable. I felt a pang of jealousy shoot through my heart, Were they this supporting of me when I'd performed? 

I hated feeling inscure about myself but I was uncertain now. I was uncertain whether I could win with Eunji around. I felt ill at ease and knew I had to do somthing- I was desperate.