Roommates? |CL&BAEKHYUN| [M]

2NEXO - LOVE ON
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Baekhyun rolled onto his side only to feel her warmth radiating though the thin material of her pajama. Her still not completely dried blonde locks had a sweet scent of some exotic fruits that made him break in a smile as he neared himself closer.

 

Like every other time he began to wonder – if he should leave without making a sound, or wait till she wakes and leaves his bed first. The fact that outside, they weren’t supposed to be anything more than roommates, left him wondering that – if he touched her more boldly right now, what would she do? Would she slap him, leave him, or respond in a way he started fantasizing about since the beginning of their weird relationship?

 

It wasn’t like this for him since the moment they decided to continue living together. It was with time. Her presence turned into something that kept him going. She was the one to bring him out of the void both of them found each other in after being cheated on by their previous partners.

 

Two months ago there were four of them renting the apartment together. Two pairs – him with his ex-girlfriend and Chaerin with her ex-boyfriend.

 

Baekhyun was happy at that time and not even in his worst nightmares he could expect for what a fool his ex-girlfriend took him for. One time he got back home earlier than usually. Chaerin was there too, he met her at the lifts area as she was coming home with groceries. The two of them found their lovers in one bed together, making love to each other.

 

Bruised face and scratched knuckles – those were the outer injuries he got out of the fight with – him, the man he considered a friend. Those healed up fast, but the bleeding heart his ex-girlfriend left him with was much harder to treat.

 

In one day he threw her things out of their place and Chaerin did the same with her ex-boyfriend. Baekhyun used to pay no attention to how Chaerin felt. The only thing he remembered was her stoic face and no emotion showing on it, as if what her last boyfriend did – didn’t matter to her at all. Not able to understand her, Baekhyun got frustrated with her behavior easily.

 

In the end Baekhyun decided to not care, as he was too focused on his shattered inside, that looking out for Chaerin seemed to be beyond his reach. At that time there was nothing more than them talking about sharing living expenses between two.

 

He felt annoyed, as every time – just looking at Chaerin reminded him of her ex-boyfriend… the bloody son of a b*itch he trusted, drunk and shared his meals with so many times. The one that backstabbed him in time equal to an eye blinking.

 

Hatred was leading Baekhyun through the dark days of his poor existence until…

 

Until she came to him for the first time, at midnight two weeks after they kicked the two cheaters out.

 

“Is anything wrong?” he asked surprisingly feeling concerned about Chaerin’s wellbeing. She had a white pajama top and check patterned bottoms on, with her blonde hair tied up in a messy bun.

 

“No…” He heard her voice, but she reminded at the same place. Leaning with her shoulder against the doorframe leading to his room.

 

“Then why are you here? Go to sleep.” Baekhyun looked at her with a mixture of both annoyance and sudden curiousness.

 

“Aren’t you cold?” she asked out of nowhere, making him furrow his eyebrows. He looked down at his bare chest and only pajama bottoms covering the lower part of his body.

 

“I always sleep like that, so the answer is no.” he answered swiftly but unable to no do so, stood up and walked closer to her. As if looking into her eyes from up close could help him read her min.

 

“I know…” she said and tried to look away from his exposed skin. It made him look at her even more confused. What was going on with the girl in front of him? What was going through her head right now?

 

“I just… I’ve been wondering if…ehmmm never mind me ~” she ended with glossy eyes and would’ve left if he didn’t stop her at that time.

 

“Yah~ You’re weird…” he caught her elbow “…are you sure everything’s alright?” he continued asking but Chaerin just looked at him with those little, scared kitten eyes that made his heart feel as if it was made of sponge.

 

“I’ll turn the heater up then.” Baekhyun stated, unable to read through her intentions.

 

“Wait – I am cold but~” Chaerin purred after grasping his wrist and nearing herself closer to him. It was the first time Baekhyun found him being so close to Chaerin…  disturbing? Disturbing in a way he himself wasn’t able to understand yet.  Other than normal acting as friends, or playing around during the brighter times of their previous relationships, he didn’t pay much attention to in what manner he was actually touching her.

 

Hearing what she said, he put his palm to her forehead wanting to check if she had a fever maybe. “No, I’m not sick.” She pulled his hand away from her face and sighed in distress.

 

“Then? What do you want?” he asked and pulled her chin up as she wasn’t willing to look at his eyes anymore.

 

“I…” she stuttered and then for the first time he saw her emotional side breaking the outer layer of ‘nothing’ that annoyed him so much recently.

 

“Huh?” He didn’t even know when his f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter