HEART ATTACK

2NEXO - LOVE ON
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CL & BAEKHYUN

Inspired by: EXO – Heart attack,

 

Chanyeol and Baekhyun are best friends. They met in middle school and were doing everything together since that time. Since both of them were always interested in music, they decided to create a rock band called “Black pearl” in high school. Chanyeol is playing drums, Baekhyun is the main vocalist and also plays electric guitar. Except the two of them there is also Tao as a bass guitar player.

Chaerin is Chanyeol’s one year older sister. She always supported her brother’s dream and was basically their number one fan. Chaerin and Chanyeol were raised by their father. Their mother died few years ago and Chaerin didn’t have a female role model to keep up with in her life. She was a tomboy who didn’t care about fluffy clothes, makeup and so on. Her long, black hair were always tied up in a ponytail.

Since Baekhyun and Chanyeol were simply inseparable Baek used to spend a lot of time at their house. Chaerin was fifteen when Chanyeol introduced Baekhyun to her. Ever since then he has been on her mind. She wasn’t sure what was happening to her, so she kept pushing her feelings back deep inside her heart. Bakhyun treated her like his best friend’s sister only so she didn’t have her hopes high.

 

“Hi Chaerin noona.” Baekhyun smiled and simply waved at her.

“Hi…” she greeted him awkwardly as always.

“Do you want to come and watch us rehearsing?” Chanyeol asked her.

“Sure …. Why not…” Chaerin nodded. Then together with both of them and Tao went to their garage. The boys unpacked their guitars and Chanyeol checked if his drums sounded ok.

Chaerin sat on the opposite side of the garage and waited for their first song. With the first notes she could already close her eyes and let her mind sail away. Baekhyun’s voice was the most amazing one she heard in her whole life. Sweet and sorrowful at the same time.

“That was awesome!” Chaerin squealed while clapping like a seal when they ended.

“As expected from our fan club’s president.” Tao giggled and winked at her.

“I’m sure you’ll have thousands of fans soon.” She said making all of them smile.

“I wish.” Baekhyun said with a dreamy voice.

“If we could play somewhere where people wouldn’t judge us by our age.” Chanyeol pouted. “No one from the club owners wills to let us play there.”

“There are many rock and indie bands and you’re only seventeen… Tao’s only sixteen. You’re so talented that they’re simply afraid you’ll become more popular.“ Chaerin stated and all of them hung down their heads. “… C’mmon guys! Stop sulking… I’ll figure something out. Are you hungry?”

“Yeah!” Tao whined.

“I’ll order us a pizza.” Chaerin said and left her brother’s band.

“It would be awesome if she’s actually going to dispose us a performance.” Tao grinned at them “Chanyeol hung your noona is pretty cool.” He added.

“Yah! Get off her! Don’t even think about her.” Chanyeol hissed and hit Tao’s chest.

“Why would you do that?” Tao whined “I’m only telling the truth.”

“Aish… from now on I’ll have my eye on you Tao-ah.” Chanyeol replied with clenched teeth.

Beakhyun was packing up his guitar and chuckling at his two friends. After about thirty minutes Chaerin called them cuz pizza got delivered already. When Tao was about to sit next to Chaerin on the couch Chanyeol pulled him by his clothes and pushed Baekhyun to sit next to her. Baekhyun rolled up his eyes while Chaerin fought with her speeding up heartbeat.

“Noona that’s so yummy.” Tao said while stuffing his mouth with food.

“Yah! Behave Tao-ah.” Chanyeol hissed.

Chaerin didn’t know that Bakhyun kept glancing at her face all this time. Ever since Chanyeol introduced him to her Baekhyun didn’t treat her like a girl. For him she was a good friend, nothing else. However now he felt weirdly drawn to her smiling face. He didn’t even notice that when she leaned to take a last slice of pizza he did the same. Their writs touched and both of them grasped that poor pizza slice.

“Sorry… I’m full already.” Chaerin said shyly and avoided his eyes.

“No… I mean you didn’t eat much so you should take it…” Baekhyun said and lied the slice back on the table.

“Omo… I’m going to throw up in a moment.” Chanyeol stated, grabbed the pizza and stuffed it inside his mouth.

“Gee… hyung you’re such a moment killer. For a sec it felt like if I was watching some kind of a drama.” Tao said and winked at Chaerin playfully.

“You’re weird.” Chaerin replied and thrown him a water bottle.

“What moment killer?” Chanyeol asked after a while “Pabo, are you saying that they like each other…” he said and swallowed.

Awkward silence appeared. Nor Chaerin, nor Baekhyun contradicted what Chanyeol said.

“I got to go home.” Tao said after a minute.

“I’ll go with you.” Beakhyun added and both of them left.

Still stupefied Chaerin kept  sitting on the couch. Her legs felt like jelly. Does it mean that he likes me? Does it mean that I still have a chance?

Being by his side was enough for her but now could it be possible that everything was about to change?

She thought like that until one they she heard about Baekhyun getting himself a girlfriend. Chaerin never felt so disappointed in anyone. Her heart felt empty.

Once he even came with her to visit Chanyeol. Her name was Eunah. Chaerin felt her eyes hurting form even looking at her. She was so girly and nice to everyone it was impossible to hate her. Eunah was Baekhyun’s and Chanyeol’s classmate. Charin couldn’t feel even more burdened when she listened to the Black Pearl’s rehearsal together with Eunah. That girl wore a fluffy mini dress and black leather jacket while Chaerin wore a simple, loose t-shirt and black sweatpants. Even Eunah’s hair were like a wavy masterpiece.

“So… how long have it been since you met Baekhyun?” Eunah asked her when the boys kept playing.

“Ehmm… like five years?” Chaerin answered.

“Do you like him?” she suddenly asked with a totally changed voice. The spark in Eunah’s eyes made a shiver run down Chaerin’s spine.

“Why would I?... he’s just my brother’s friend….” Chaerin answered while rubbing the back of her neck.

“I don’t like the way you look at him.” Eunah added and grabbed Chaerin’s wrist. “Looking at you right now, let me just say that you have no chance with me. You’re so plain. He’s all mine remember that…. Unnie” she said and added ‘unnie’ with a sweet but still evil like voice.

Chaerin was left dumbfounded. When boys started playing Eunah smirked at Chaerin and run to kiss Baekhyun. He seemed surprised but didn’t push her away.

Both of you… can go to hell. Chaerin thought and stood up.  

She couldn’t take it anymore and decided to throw Baekhyun away from her heart. To focus on something more useful than only yearning for him all the time she started drawing.

It turned out that she was outstandingly talented especially in clothes designing. The arts teacher in her high school noticed that and thank to him she won a prestigious, national competition.

As the main reward she was supposed to spend a year learning in an arts school in Parris. It was the first time in her life when she felt like she finally did for herself only. Designing made her forget about unnecessary things… like Eunah or Baekhyun. She was happy or at least she thought she was.

When her classmates heard about her leaving they decided to throw her a ‘farewell party’.

“I want Black Pearl to play at my farewell party.” Chaerin said to Chanyeol a week before the party. She was supposed to leave a day after that.

“Really?” Chanyeol asked still sensitive about her leaving to France.

“Yeah! What would be a party without music?” Chaerin smiled and both of them hugged.

“You’ll come back for Christmas and ….” Chanyeol started tearing up.

“Omo! I hope that now you’re going to appreciate how precious sister I am.” Chaerin replied and also felt her eyes getting teary.

“Tch!” Chanyeol hissed “…but don’t you dare to fall for some French guys. I can’t imagine you staying there forever.”

“Pabo-yah!”

 

 

On the party day Chaerin dressed herself in a dress for a first time since childhood. She also let her hair loose and tried to do makeup. Together with Chanyeol she arrived at a rented club. When both of them walked inside the dark hall someone the lights sudd

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter