The Young Gods | KRISDARA |

2NEXO - LOVE ON
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Thursday night

 

“Again with these candies?~” Chaerin giggled and poured Dara another glass of soju. Dara grimaced at its taste after she sipped a little bit.

 

Yeah, she liked sweet things over everything. “I feel better when I eat it, is that weird?” Dara pouted. She started eating them since she could remember. Earlier she found solace in its taste and now the sweetness simply made her feel calm at stressful situations.

 

The candies of various taste chocolate ones, fruity, jellies, lollipops or marshmallows, but mostly chewy, toffee treats were something she couldn’t resist. Her medicine to a broken heart after each breakup or failed job interview. After eating one of those Dara felt as if she just pressed a restart and promised herself to start fresh again.

 

Someone could’ve thought that she would put on weight while feeding on like that, or probably had teeth in a rather poor condition, but nothing like that happened to her. Petite, slim and with flawless complexion, Dara didn’t plan to resign from any of her addictions.

 

Few more shots of alcohol later, the delicious grilled meat and Chaerin’s cheesy jokes that left Dara cracking up over and over again as she wasn’t able to contain her laughter.

 

“I’m so happy for you~” Chaerin ended up saying “The job you always wanted~”

 

“Yeah…” Dara smiled sourly feeling the fist of nervousness tightening around her stomach. She knew that it was going to be though there. However the easiest job interview she ever went through just yesterday made her feel even more wary of the place she was about to start working at.

 

“I’m creative and I know I can give a lot to the company. Editing and photography were always my passion. I want to do my best, be te part of the company’s success. All I need is a chance to show my true potential and I assure you that you won’t regret hiring me.” Dara would still cringe at what she said during her interview. Empty words… she thought.

 

“You qualifications, the knowledge and experience are perfect for this job. However I must ask – are you married?” She was asked.

 

“Uhmmm…No.” Dara replied taken aback by the straightforwardness of the interviewer.

 

“Fiancé? Kids?”

 

“Excuse me?” She frowned as the woman asked too personal questions.

 

“We expect your full commitment to the job you’ll be given.”
 The interviewer stated.

 

“I’m single.” Dara answered wanting to end it already.

 

“Good. When can you start?” and that’s it. For the first time she didn’t have to wait for a call or an email, to go through various levels in employees selection. Here she was – hired and with a perspective of finally doing what she dreamt of.

 

“Are you happy?” Dara flinched at Chaerin’s voice.

 

“Huh?”

 

“I asked if you were happy?” Chaerin repeated.

 

Dara pulled her hands up in a celebrating gesture “I’m happy!~” she squealed not so honest with herself.

 

“That’s the spirit~” Chaerin chanted.

 

“Yeah – exactly, I’m going to show ‘em how the work should be done!” Dara hit the table with her fist.

 

“Hell yeah!” she heard from Chaerin in response.

 

“You know what? – I’m going to slay everything they’re going to bring in front of me~” Dara ended up hiccupping adorably, leaving the two of them laughing again.

 

Both of them were unaware that at another table a group of men was celebrating the recent contract between their companies. Men in their forties gathered at one of the bigger tables were clearly in a good moon, glad that everything went smooth with the agreements between them.

 

Neither Dara or Chaerin paid attention to the one man that looked much younger than the rest of his companions. His golden blonde hair and sharp jawline left many woman with eyes glued to him. In a suit black as the sky above the small barbeque restaurant he was at. With literally no flaw in his whole image – he not only stuck out from the group of elder man in terms of looks, but also all people he left flattered by his perfection wondered – how such a young man got there. To not only be a businessman, but mainly to have all the others treating him with so much respect. It wasn’t him pouring the alcohol to others as the youngest should act, but it were the others taking care of his full plate and glass.

 

The young man was firstly annoyed by the two loudly talking ladies. He already disliked taking part in this integrating – celebration party he was invited to. He already knew what the men around thought about him.

 

Chinese thief, momma’s boy, the king on the foreign soil, but mostly the young god…. That’s how they called him.

Fake smiles and words around me. He thought and not knowing when with each glance at the two girls who truly enjoyed each other’s company at the other table

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter