8. The talk part 2

Distorted image [A VIXX fanfiction]

When they walked back in the room Hongbin sat Cat in between N and Ravi where he had been and he sat on the chair she had been sat on. Ravi put his arm round her and N held her hand and kissed it. She felt numb this was not a new feeling but it was different than the previous times, Cat knew they would want to know more about what had been going on and before anyone asked any questions Leo said.

"If there are certain parts you don't want to tell us about right now that's ok, we won't force you."

"Ok." 

She replied, if Cat had things her way this would all still be her secret and they wouldn't even know a thing. But sadly that wasn't going to be the case she had to tell them something. Then Ravi said,

"She's agreed to go to see the psychiatrist so that's a start."

That made them all feel better knowing she could talk to someone who could really help her out. Cat still hated the idea but there was no getting out of that now. 

Then Hyuk looked over at the mirror and noticed that it was covered up he felt odd doing so but he then asked.

"Why are the mirrors covered up?"

"Because at the hospital yesterday Cat was almost screaming at me to get the mirror away from her." 

Ravi replied as he kissed her head, he and N could feel her shaking a little but it soon stopped as they both said "shhhhh" at the exact same time. 

"Sweetheart what is it you see when you look in a mirror?" 

Ken then asked, he hadn't said much since he found out that she has bulimia and knowing now what she had been doing to herself was breaking his heart into pieces.

"A pig."

Cat said not too loudly but they all heard her say that. They had no idea of any of this and it was not the first thing she was willing to tell them that would shock them. 

"What?" 

Leo asked in utter shock, then Ken went over to her and held her other hand and wiped Cats tears away and he said to her.

"Sweetheart, is that what you really see?"

"Yeah."

"That is not how any of us see you, you have always been beautiful to me and you always will be, I know that you don't believe me right now but one day you will okay."

Cat couldn't reply to him, Ken kissed her head and sat back down. They all sat there in silence for a couple of minutes not knowing what to say and then Hongbin asked the obvious question.

"When did this all start?"

"Eighteen months ago." Cat replied she had counted the days from the very day she had started doing it.

"Eighteen months?!" Ravi said, she had been suffering for that long and they didn't know. Cat just sat there they wanted to know so she told them what else could she do really? 

"We are so sorry that we didn't notice that something was wrong Cat."

Hyuk said he really didn't know what else to say to her if only they had noticed something could they of stopped all of this from happening? Cat sat there and buried her head in Ravi's chest as N squeezed her hand a little bit not too much. Cat looked back up and she said.

"I remember the first time I did it, it hurt and I felt awful afterwards. I said to myself never again but once you start you can't stop no matter what you try."

"I think you will be able to stop, it might take a while but you can do anything." Hongbin said to her hoping it would give her some self belief and courage to be able to fight this. Cat was worn out the past 24 hours had been long and stressful and the talking was making her feel really sleepy, N could sense she was getting tired and just wanted to rest but she wouldn't allow herself to.

"Do you need to sleep?" He asked her to see if she would get some rest.

"Not right now, the house needs cleaning."

"I don't think you should do it right now."

"Why?"

"I just want you to take it easy for a while that's all."

N said to her, as leader he really wanted what was best for her just as much as the others did. They all wanted her to eat and keep the food down but that might be easier said than done. The subject of food wasn't brought up until Ravi asked her.

"Have you done it again today?"

"Yes."

He was sad that she had done it and he just pulled her close to his heart and held her there close to him where she would be safe. Then N said.

"Okay I think we're done here for now, Cat is going to the psychiatrist to start getting some help for her disorder and we are all going to make a promise here and now, no matter what happens we fight to the death for her, are we all agreed?"

They all were and with that they all went their separate ways. And it was just Cat and Ravi left alone on the couch together they needed some time to just sit there and know that they would always be special to one another. 

Back in his room Hyuk was looking up more information online when he came across this and it hit home how serious this disorder could be if Cat didn't get the help that she needed right away. 

"Complications of Bulimia

There are a number of physical complications associated with bulimia.

These can include any of the following:

- Dental problems. Persistent vomiting can cause your stomach acid to damage the enamel on your teeth, which may lead to tooth decay. Excessive vomiting can also cause bad breath and a sore throat.

- Irregular periods. Your menstrual cycle can become unpredictable or even stop altogether. You may also find it difficult to become pregnant in the future.

- Poor skin and hair. A lack of nutrients through persistent vomiting or laxative use can make your skin and hair unhealthy. Your skin and hair can become dry and your fingernails can become brittle.

- Swollen glands. If you have bulimia, your saliva glands can become swollen from frequent vomiting. This makes your face appear rounder.

- Chemical imbalance. Excessive vomiting and laxative use can cause chemical imbalances in your body. This can result in tiredness, weakness, abnormal heart rhythms, kidney damage, convulsions (fits) and muscle spasms.

- Bowel problems. Excessive use of laxatives can damage your bowel muscles, resulting in permanent constipation.

- Low body temperature.

- Heart problems. Long-term complications of bulimia can include an increased risk of heart problems. 

Other mental health problems often occur along with bulimia, which may make treatment take longer or make bulimia harder to treat.1 These conditions include:

- Depression, which commonly occurs with eating disorders and increases related feelings of guilt, anxiety, and obsession.

- Substance abuse, which occurs in about one-fourth of those with bulimia.

- Borderline personality disorder, which more commonly occurs with bulimia than with other eating disorders.

- Anxiety and anxiety disorders.

- Obsessive-compulsive disorder.

- Social anxiety disorder or other phobias.

- Panic disorder or panic attacks.

Although bulimia is a long-term disorder linked to serious health problems, it can be successfully treated. Most people who seek treatment for bulimia get better. About half of people with bulimia recover completely with treatment. 2

Although treatment is usually successful, bulimia is a long-term disorder, and setbacks can occur. A return of symptoms (relapse) might happen. But with ongoing treatment and patience, most people can eventually overcome bulimia.

Mortality Rates:

Although eating disorders have the highest mortality rate of any mental disorder,  the mortality rates reported on those who suffer from eating disorders can vary considerably between studies and sources. Part of the reason why there is a large variance in the reported number of deaths caused by eating disorders is because those who suffer from an eating disorder may ultimately die of heart failure, organ failure, malnutrition or suicide. Often, the medical complications of death are reported instead of the eating disorder that  compromised a person’s health.

According to a study done by colleagues at the American Journal of Psychiatry (2009), crude mortality rates were:

• 3.9%  for bulimia nervosa"

After he printed that off Hyuk shut off his computer and had a cry to himself, he hadn't really let out how he was feeling to the others much but now he just had to do something to help himself be able to help Cat.