27. The idea

Distorted image [A VIXX fanfiction]
 
Somedays Cat felt like that recovery wasn't possible for her but then she looked at a photo of her with the guys and she felt like just about anything was possible even if it took a while to happen she would get there. She could hear the birds chirping outside and hearing them warmed her heart a little, it felt like today was going to be a little bit easier for her. 
 
Back at the house Ravi was talking to Ken he had a idea but wanted some advice on it first.
 
"You want to write a book?"
 
"Yeah."
 
"About what Ravi?"
 
"Cat and everything that has happened with her and all of us."
 
"That sounds like a good idea."
 
"Really, it is?"
 
"Yeah it could be like closure for you to tell the story."
 
"That's what I thought, I just need to see if Cat is okay with it."
 
"When are you seeing her next?"
 
"This afternoon."
 
"Do you need me there to help in any way?"
 
"I'll be alright thanks."
 
"Okay, I'll be in the admissions unit later on if you need to talk."
 
"Alright I'll see you later."
 
"Will do."
 
The drive to the centre didn't feel like it even took that long at all Ravi didn't really notice until they had arrived and he then got out of the car. He went and found Cat right away and then they got to talking.
 
"How are you doing?"
 
"I'm doing good how have you been?"
 
"Missing you at home but I know you'll be back with us soon."
 
"I will."
 
"Are meals getting easier for you now?"
 
"They are, my supervison got reduced again the doctors think I'll
okay to come home in a few months."
 
"Whatever it takes to get you better Cat, also I have something that I need to ask you."
 
"You do?"
 
"Yes, I want to write a book."
 
"About?"
 
"You and what has happened I just wanted to check with you first though."
 
"Of course you can write about this Ravi hopefully what I went through can help someone else. There is one thing though."
 
"There is?"
 
"Can I write the last chapter of the book?"
 
"Why only the last one?"
 
"So people can know from me that there is hope and life after bulimia."
 
"Okay."
 
"Have you thought of a name for the book yet?"
 
"I have one I'm not sure about it though."
 
"Tell me?"
 
"Distorted image."
 
"Ravi that's perfect."
 
"It, it is?"
 
"Yes."
 
Ravi was gald to hear that and then the pair hugged things were falling back into place in ways, Cat was getting better each day and was on the brink of coming home to them all. As they looked at each other Cat looked out of the window and she said.
 
"Ravi look."
 
And they both saw it a perfect rainbow that to them was a sign that everything was going to be okay again. They smiled and sat there for one more hour talking, after Ravi left the unit he was glad to have spoken to Cat about the book and how on board she was with it, and her doing the last chapter was going to be a great thing for her. 
 
When he got back to the house he saw a face he once remembered.
 
"Ravi."
 
It was Dan Emily's brother what was he doing here? Ravi hadn't seen him since the day Emily had died in the public restrooms in the park that early morning a few months earlier.
 
"Dan, ar,  are you okay?"
 
"Yeah I just came to check on you and Cat."
 
"Really?"
 
"Yeah, how is she?"
 
"Cat is doing good, we got her into inpatient treatment, and she's doing well."
 
"That's good to hear."
 
"How are you Dan?"
 
"It's not been easy, but knowing that Emily is no longer in pain gives me some comfort in life. I now give talks at high schools to young teens about eating disorders."
 
"That's great Dan."
 
"I was wondering if you would like to come and speak with me at a school at some point?"
 
"You want me there?"
 
"Yes Ravi if the teens know that there is hope for people with bulimia then maybe they'll open up about it and get the help that they all need."
 
"Of course I'll go anything that can help someone else through our personal experiences with the disorder is a plus for me."
 
"Thanks man you have no idea what this means."
 
"I do Dan I do."
 
"I'd better go now I need to prepare for my next talk."
 
"Okay, thanks for stopping by."
 
"No worries I'll see you soon?"
 
"Of course."
 
"Bye Ravi."
 
"Bye Dan."
 
And then Dan left, Ravi was glad to see him and to know how he was doing in his life after Emily's death, and knowing that he used that to help others and get the message out there brought him some comfort as Ravi had been really worried about Dan as he hadn't seen him for so long. 
 
Then Ravi went back inside the house and got on with the rest of his day.