12. Chat Room

Distorted image [A VIXX fanfiction]

Two days earlier
-----------------------

Ken was looking online for any other information about Bulimia that could help Cat to recover when all of a sudden he came across a support chat room for the family and friends of people suffering from bulimia. There was no real registration he just needed to put a nickname in, he just typed in "Ken" and he was instantly in the chat room there were a few people online already having a discussion when one user called "Angela45" typed out.

"Angela45: Hello Ken welcome to the chat room."

He smiled and sent to the chat room.

"Ken: Hi everyone I'm Ken."

 Then the conversation started to get underway.

"Dav1dmal0ne: Welcome Ken."

"Soccer1972: welcome :)"

"Maryflower89: Nice to meet you Ken."

"Ken: Nice to meet you all."

"Angela45: So Ken what brings you here?"

"Ken: Today I found out my friend and housemate has bulimia."

"Maryflower89: What is your friends name?"

"Ken: Her name is Cat."

"Dav1dmal0ne: I'm sorry to hear you found out today do you know how long it has been going on for?"

"Ken: No not yet, the others only brought her home from the hospital a hour ago."

"Soccer1972: What happened."

"Ken: Two of my other roommates found her on the kitchen floor this afternoon coughing up blood."

"Maryflower89: She's been doing it for a while then."

"Ken: Really how can you tell?"

"Dav1dmal0ne: Over time A person with bulimia may begin spitting up blood from small tears in the esophagus or stomach ruptures."

"Ken: Oh god!"

"Angela45: Don't panic Ken you have come to the right place we can all help you help Cat out."

"Ken: Thank you."

"Angela45: That's what we are all here for we all have someone in our lives who is also suffering with bulimia too."

Ken was glad he had found some people to help him help Cat out and it wasn't just him and the others doing it alone.

"Ken: One thing I did notice is that she doesn't look Bulimic at all."

"Soccer1972: You mean skin and bones?"

"Ken: Yeah."

"Dav1dmal0ne: That is a big misconception about bulimia a lot of sufferers are of average weight."

"Ken: I had no idea."

"Maryflower89: It's alright you've only just found out about it and you probably still have a lot of questions. When I first found out about my sisters bulimia I thought my parents were lying to me."

The rest of that night Ken just spent talking to everyone in the chat room and hearing their stories of there loved ones who went through it, some had recovered and others had died from the complications of there battle with bulimia.

--------------------------------

As Ken logged off the chat room after confiding in them all on there about Cats lying and how he didn't trust Emily, he walked down the hall and heard the tap in Cats bathroom running, his heart almost broke on the spot knowing that she was slowly killing herself like this and he was utterly powerless to stop her from doing it. 

"I love you."

He whispered to himself as he went downstairs and sat with Hongbin, he could tell Ken was unhappy about something. 

"Do you wanna talk about it?"

Ken looked at Hongbin and just felt awful because really he should tell Ravi his fears about this but he knew that it might upset Ravi if he said anything so he told Hongbin. 

"I don't think Cat really wants to get better."

"Really?"

"Yeah, we have all read the online articles a lot of bulimics don't want to get better at all."

"That was hard to read but maybe Cat is different from the others."

"I really hope so Hongbin, it's breaking my heart knowing that she is going through this even with us knowing she is still doing it."

Neither Ken or Hongbin realised that Ravi heard most of this conversation that they had and that he felt that exact same way as Ken did. He sat behind the door with a tear rolling down his cheek, he just wanted the girl he knew since he was a kid back. The Bulimia had taken Cat away from him and the others and it was hurting him a lot. Then Hongbin and Ken left the room and Ravin went in and looked at the pictures round the room of the happier times they had before the bulimia. Ravi asked himself what happened to Cat that caused all of this, no matter how hard he looked back he couldn't put his finger on a exact moment as to what caused all of this. He looked at the clock and it was getting late so he shut the lights off and went up to his room. He saw Cats room it was right next to his and he just looked at the door. He wondered what he should do now and then he just kissed the bedroom door and went to his room and went to sleep. 

The next day Cat went out to see Emily again but not in the city she went to Emily's house. It was a big house indeed, Cat was just happy to be seeing Emily again. Once they met up Cat and Emily went right to Emily's room and they sat there online looking at thinspo sites. Cat had never seen them before and when she was with Emily looking at them she felt like she was doing nothing wrong. 

"How do they get that thin that quick?"

"Cat babe that have been doing this for years longer than us."

"You do have a point there." 

"Yeah but we'll get to our ultimate goals soon enough, we just need to believe in ourselves."

"I do I really do Emily."

"That's my girl. Hey have you ever purged in the woods?"

"No I haven't."

"Oh my gosh you need to try it out Cat, especially as now you are in treatment  and they make us eat those god awful cookies."

"Yeah they are pretty gross."

"Lets go try it out now."

"Okay."

Cat said with a smile on her face as the pair ran down the stairs and out of the house to the woods behind Emily's where both girls purged up the pizza they had eaten only 10 minutes beforehand. The purge felt so good and it helped Cat stay calm as anything right now. Emily was so proud of her they went inside and used some mouthwash and after that they just sat in Emily's room for a while just talking about what they would do together once they were both good enough for the world. The bulimia had a grip on both of them so deeply that neither girl could see how dangerous this all was. What they didn't know was the countdown to the demise of one of the girls was just starting. In 4 weeks things would happen that would literally change everything for the girls and only one will be alive for it.