18. Statement

Distorted image [A VIXX fanfiction]

Cat and Ravi were sat in the police station interview room, Cat was sat there fidgeting a lot she didn't know what to do with herself right now. Ravi grabbed her hand and he kissed it there was no way he could be mad at her for any of this not now that Emily was dead and that Cat could end up the same way too, just then two officers came in and sat across from Cat and Ravi. They had notes and then the first officer pressed record on the tape recorder near them all. 

Back at the house everyone was just in total shock, they all knew death from bulimia was possible and it had just been proven to them all. Hyuk was sat on the floor and just looking at pictures of Cat on his phone, Leo sat next to him and he said.

"You okay?"

"What if it had been Cat who died?"

"I... I don't know Hyuk."

"That isn't going to happen okay." N then said as they all sat on the floor together.

"What do we do when they get home?" Ken asked he just wanted to help Cat out a lot right now. 

"Love her." Leo replied as they all sat on the floor trying to come to terms with all of this and thinking of what they could do to help Cat out before it was too late for her. 

Back at the police station Cat had finished giving her statement as to what had happened and one of the officers looked at it all written down on the paper in front of them and then she said.

"Okay I am going to read back what you said to me okay?"

"Okay."

---------------------

A few hours earlier

As soon as Ravi had left her room Cat looked at her phone again and Emily had replied to her message.

"Okay we'll meet there, I knew we shouldn't of trusted Cecily to keep her damn mouth shut. I'll sneak out at about ten past five, I love you."

Cat then sent Emily the reply

"I love you too, Ravi just woke up and left me in here alone I'll be extra quiet and sneak out of my window and down to the bush below. I'll be there soon."

She sent the message and as quietly as she could she crept out of her bedroom window and down to the bushes below, she ducked down and then Cat put on some slip on shoes she kept in a bag in her room and then she stayed low as she ran away from the house and to the park. Cat didn't dare to use public transport until she got halfway there incase Ravi had called the police and they were on the lookout for her. Cat then got onto a bus and made the 5 minute journey to the park, it was quiet out not many dog walkers and the sun was just rising. Cat saw the public restrooms and she just knew Emily would be in there. She speed walked to them as fast as she could. As Cat got there she could hear laboured breathing and that worried her, she ran into the public restroom.

"EMILY!"

Cat said, her friend was laying on the floor having difficulties breathing, her lips were going blue and she did not look good at all. Cat held her friend in her arms and then Emily managed to say to her.

"I love you."

"I love you too Emily."

"EM!"

Dan walked in and took Emily out of Cats arms, Emily had left her phone at home and he had found it in her room with all the messages. Emily smiled at Dan and then she died in his arms. 

"She's free now."

Dan said as he kissed his sister for one last time, then Cat broke down crying, she was dead and it was all Cecily's fault. Dan looked at Cat and said to her.

"This isn't your fault okay, Emily had been unwell for a very long time."

Cat nodded and then Dan called for a ambulance and Cat went outside and made the call to Ravi. As she dialled his number her fingers were shaking a little but that's what the shock had done to Cat over all of this. 

"Please pick up Ravi, please pick up?" 

Cat said to herself in tears as the phone at the other end started to ring Ravi's number, Cat hoped he wasn't mad at her then when he picked up the phone she could tell that all he could ever do was love her no matter what she said or did. 

"Cat, sweetheart."

"Ravi, I, I need you."

She was in floods of painful tears and she breathing heavily this really scared Ravi so he kept talking to her.

"Where are you?"

"The park at the other side of town please hurry Ravi."

"It's okay, I'm coming okay."

"Okay."

"Hang in there I will be with you soon I promise."

"Alright."

"I love you Cat."

"I love you too."

------------------------

"Is there anything else that you would like to add to your statement?"

"No, that's everything." 

Cat said she felt numb like none of this was real but it was and she hated it she hated it a lot. Ravi hadn't let go of her hand the entire time he was so worried about her and how the death would affect her mentally, she was already unwell and this was only going to make things worse. They then finished up in the interview room and they got to leave. As they left and walked out of the main door Hongbin was waiting for them both, the car had shown up to take them all home. As they all got in Cat said nothing at all it was really worrying that she wouldn't talk now, the drive home was no better either just silence and then they pulled up to the house, Cat was really anxious and just really wanted the ground to swallow her at that very moment. Hongbin got out of the car first and Cat slid over to his side. 

"It's okay."

Hongbin said as he took Cats hand and helped her out of the car, as Ravi got out they both held onto her as they walked up the path to the house N opened the door, he was glad to see Cat home but worried about her mental state. Cat couldn't look up at him being back home just made her even more upset, Cat had to stop walking, Ravi and Hongbin looked at her and Cat started crying again, they both helped her get inside and then as Ravi helped her get her shoes off N took Cat in his arms and held her close to him, Ravi kissed her head and Cat and N walked into the living room together and they sat on the couch together so Cat could cry for a while. Ravi just  looked at her in N's arms crying over Emily and then Leo went over to him to talk.

"How are you doing?"

"Honestly Leo, I'm even more worried about her now than I was before."

"We all are."

"I think all six of us need to just have a talk together without Cat there, Emily's death changes everything now."

"It does the one thing I am thinking is, where do we go from here?"

"I'm not even sure but we need to step in and fast."

Then Ken looked outside, it was getting dark out it didn't feel like this had all happened in a single day. Cat had stopped crying now and was just in N'a arms in silence she didn't want to talk nothing she could say would help. Ravi then walked in and said.

"Lets get you up to bed okay?"

Cat just looked at Ravi and N and Ravi took her up to her room, as they laid Cat in her bed Ken was standing in the doorway and he then said.

"If it's okay with you guys I'll stay with Cat tonight."

"Of course." Ravi said as he kissed Cats head and went over to talk to Ken really quick.

"Don't let her go okay?"

"Okay."

And then N and Ravi left, and then Ken climbed into bed with Cat she was quiet he wrapped his arms around her a tear rolled down her cheek and Ken said to her.

"I love you."

And then he held onto her tight as they both fell asleep together. Now that Emily was dead Cat was empty it was like a limb had been ripped off without any painkillers. The clock was now ticking Cat was very close to reaching her breaking point and it is going to happen and nobody can do anything to stop it.