2

Snowing in the summer

After school, you went to the nearby bus-stop to take bus to Apgujeong to visit your eldest brother, Min Jun Seo at his work place and deliver lunch to him since you had ended school earlier that day. You bought his favourite Tteokbokki from the roadside stall you spotted on your way there. You reminded yourself to ensure that your palm was fully hidden by your oversized hoodie before entering his workplace. He works at a Chocolate café in Apgujeong, it sells over 100 types of different chocolate. It is his part time job, he is attending part time university now with the help of this part time job. I could only say that your family have good genes. Other than the Chocolate that attracts the female population, JunSeo was also one of the reason to the crowd in the shop everyday. Which helped him a-lot, as his boss offers him a higher pay as compared to the others. It was still a surprise to you that he haven’t had a girlfriend before . 

You open the door to the shop with a tingle from the bell, "Hi , wel- , OH hey lovely bum " 

You rolled yours eyes as your brother greeted you," hey female population crowder".

"yah, what did you say!" he replied as he pinched and pulled your nose, not enough to hurt you but enough to irritate you. "Yah, let go!" you hit his hand away .

"yah? you called your brother yah?! did i not teach you any manner?" he playfully reprimanded.

You ignore him and waved the food in-front of him, almost immediately, he snatched the black plastic bag away from you. You followed him to one of the corner table and sat down. The ladies were all staring at you with envy in their eyes. One of them even had the guts to disrupt your brother's lunch time. " Hey oppa, can i get the hazelnut flavoured chocolate?  oh , and who is this young girl?" You tried your very best to control the laughter that is about to explode . 

"I am sorry Miss, I am currently on my break. You can go over to the counter and order from my colleague.” He politely replied. “And her? she is my lovely sister, and i believe it has nothing to do with you" He replied shortly and went back to his food not even waiting for her reply.

"Oh, sorry, your sister is really pretty!" She exclaimed. As if, if i were his girlfriend, she would say i look like a frog. You gaze followed her as she went back to her seat. Meh, and i thought she wanted to order hazelnut chocolate? 

"Yah bum, stop staring at people! say ahh " He waved his chopstick infront of you before picking up a rice cake and feed you. 

You accepted it gladly. “ i really wonder why you haven’t have a girlfriend yet, i want a sister i can talk to. Not just you and maknae oppa” you pouted. "You guys are no fun"

"Gosh, haven’t you look at all those girls crowding here Everyday? All just came for my looks, i don't even want to get close to them, and you don't need a sister to survive, you've already got 2 amazing brothers you can talk to. Speaking of your Maknae Oppa, do you even visit SeongJun? He has been complaining to me about how you haven't visit him since he started his part time job last month ."

"Can you get even more shameless? And of course it's different! Girls to boys talk can never win girls to girls talk. SeongJun oppa is being ridiculous, he only started working 1 month ago, its only normal if i haven't visited him yet, talk about clingy.” You gave him a face.

After Junseo's lunch break ended, you bid him goodbye and went home to finish your homework. You were glad he didn’t notice anything about your hand. It was almost 5 when you finished all your work, and you went to the kitchen to prepare food for your brothers.Your father usually eats out, so you never cooked his share. You tried being a good daughter and cooked his share even though he said you don’t have to, and left it on the kitchen table, incase he wanted it for supper after his long night shift. For almost a month, you have been throwing it away the next day. After that, you never cooked his share anymore unless he called, but that was long ago. You didn’t blame him though, you knew he leaves for work before all of you wake up , and reached home in the late night when all of you are asleep. You missed him alot, you are glad that at least you have 2 loving and caring brothers with you .

Coming back to dinner, you realised that you did not have any ingredient for dinner. You were suppose to buy on your way home but it slipped off your mind as you went to visit your brother .You called to tell them you went to the grocery shop incase they reach home early and couldn’t find you. They wanted to order take away but you insisted that you wanted to cook for them.

At the grocery store

After what seemed like 15 mins, you reached the grocery shop by the help of public transport. You took the basket with your good hand and went off to pick all the needed ingredients.

When you are all done with your shopping after 30mins, you carried the heavy basket with your good hand to the counter. 

You left the shop after paying, Carrying all the 6bags that contain a week worth of groceries by yourself is not easy at all. What more you only have one good hand to use. You lifted the 6bags with all your might and dragged yourself towards the bus-stop. But luck was never with you, someone bumped into you causing all your bags to drop on the floor. You look up to see your school's kingka, Bambam. Looking behind him, of-course, you saw the other kingkas. He quickly apologised to you and helped you to pick your bags up. You look at him, shocked that someone like him actually knows how to apologise, someone like him…is actually polite. You thought maybe the others is like that too, but that thought vanished when images of Mark stepping over your hand flashed through.

You had your head down, increasing the speed of gathering your groceries, wanting to leave faster and hoping they will not recognise you. You didn't want any humiliation in the public. You quickly, with the help of Bambam, picked up all your bags and you bowed at him, turning to leave. However, lady luck was never on your side again.

"Yah, stop there!" As Mark and the others walked closer to you. 

"You bumped into our maknae and you want to leave just like that?" said Youngjae while you had your head kept Low the whole time,

"Hyung, it was me who bumped into her, let's leave her alone." 

"yah, maknae, stop being a softie. "

"You know, you look awfully familiar" said Mark as he was studying you from head to toe. He closing the gap between the two of you, Grabbing your chin roughly, he made you face him, your heart thumped hard. *He actually looks good up close, that eyes, what the hell Min So Ah, what are you thinking!*

" i knew it! The school loser" . He exclaimed in glee as if he solved a million dollar quiz.

You sigh deeply. 

"Why are you carrying all these yourself? Isn't it heavy? Don't you need help? " He asked, sounding almost very concerned. 

You looked at him, slightly taken aback, but before he taunted "oh right, you don't have a maid at home, you are the maid" 

You have the urge to punch him but you can't. Why the hell are they here, its not even a place they will visit. You made eye contact with Bambam and he look sorry. 

JB was about to approach you when you heard a voice that made you feel relieve . *oppa *

"Yah, who are you people, why are you bullying this lady here?" 

"We're just playing with her, you got a problem with that?" Jb said.

You tugged SeongJun's hand, signalling that you two should leave. "What? im trying to be a protective brother so the sister will like me better!" You rolled your eyes at him For being dramatic, "and give me the bags, im glad i actually came here." You gave him a sheepish smile.

Mark studied your expression, he was captivated by your smile, all this while, he has been bullying you that took away all your smiles in school and replaced with frown or sad face. But, today, for the first time, he saw your smile, which left a little tingle in his heart.

"Yah, young boys, if i see you messing around with my sister again, i will not let this go" SeongJun held your injured and and you winced. He jumped slightly at the painful groan from you before switching his gaze to your hand and back to you. He  gave you a look and you look away as if nothing happened. 

"You have something to explain at home later Min So Ah." your shoulder slumped, sighing out of exasperation. It was a long day for you, and the night will be even longer.