44

Snowing in the summer

“Hyung, can I go with you guys?” Mark was going crazy after SoAh left. They had all went to SoAh’s house to pack her things as well as her two brothers’ stuff, preparing for the flight.

It was 12 hours after SoAh had left Korea for surgery overseas. The next flight available to fly there was at 2am in the morning. Her brothers had arranged to fly there to accompany their sister. Mark wanted to follow them but was stopped by JunSeo. Even when SoAh did Not mention, he knew that SoAh wouldn't want them to be there, especially Mark. Not because they were angry at home b Even when he believes that SoAh’s operation will be a successful one, he still wants to grant one out of the things that SoAh had said.

He was not sure if he can still live happily without the presence of her, he was not able to promise that SeongJun will be able to be happy too. He knows that Mark and her are deeply in love, he will never bear to tell Mark to find someone else because that will not only break Mark, but also SoAh. The only thing he could at least do, was to stop Mark from going.

“No” JunSeo was cold ever since his sister was sent to US. Even SeongJun could not understand why his brother was acting that way. It was just Mark following them.

“why?”

“Yeah why Hyung? Why don’t you let Mark follow? Can’t you see how must he wants to see SoAh, and I am sure SoAh will want him to be there” Jackson asked

“Are you sure that SoAh wants Mark to be there?!” JunSeo was being so hostile that it shocked them. Even SeongJun who was quietly sitting by the side, stared at his brother, shocked.

“JunSeo hyung…” JB called, moving his hand to JunSeo’s shoulder, calming him down.

“I’m sorry… I didn’t mean to. I just… SoAh wouldn't want Mark to be there. She wants Mark to go on living happily without her... she said before that Mark is getting married, she doesn't want to tie him into her life. I don’t know what to do” JunSeo was on the verge of breaking down. Mark was speechless upon hearing that. How could be live happily without her? How could he even live without he, He swallowed. Did he hear right? He thought. It wasn’t supposed to be this way, he needed to be by SoAh.

“W-why?”

“knowing her, she probably doesn’t want you to see the last of her, and wants you to find your happiness” SeongJun answered hearing no respond from his brother.

Why can’t she understand that she is his happiness? Mark is not going to listen to her this time round.

Mark didn't say anything and left their house, went back to his own. Packed his things, ready to meet them there. He was not going to obey whatever JunSeo said. He can’t afford to lose SoAh this time round.

Mark took his time to admire the wallpaper on his phone when it lit up. As if to remind him to remember SoAh. He unlocked his phone to get a clearer view of the photo. His eyes welled up.

When he cried, there was a rawness to it, the pain was still an open would. He would clasp on to something for support, anything, a table or the back of a chair, and his whole body shook. His sobs were stifled at first as he attempted to hide his grief, overcome by the wave of his emotions, he would break down entirely, all his defences was washed away by his salty tears. When he looks at the picture of SoAh, all he saw was grief, loss. It was the face of one who had suffered, and didn’t know if he could do something about it which mad him mad.

“Pabo, you are not going to die.” He spoke to the photo as if he was speaking to SoAh.

For the first time, Mark was glad that he is a rich kid from a powerful background, he was able to provide you with the best, capable to bring you to US, able to provide you with treatments.


The day after she left, her brothers and Mark flew there as well. While the rest of Got7 were gathered in their hideout, waiting for any news of SoAh. They prayed hard for her. All of them couldn't go to sleep without knowing if she had successfully went in to the operating theatre. None of them wanted to leave the hideout.

A week after Soah's surgery, Seongjun was sent back to Korea reluctantly by JunSeo. He wanted Seongjun to return back home to complete his studies. He needed him to at least be back home to keep everything in place when his sister returns, and that was what made the younger of the two to agree to his suggestion. Mark called JB to inform him about Seongjun returning and without being told, JB and JR had arranged everything for him. They had their own thing packed and fetched Seongjun on the day of his return. They had discussed and decided to stay with Seongjun in his house without even asking for his permission, but he was Glad they did. He didn't know how he would be able to continue his Everyday life in the house without his siblings, and he was very thankful for them. Got7 stopped hanging out at their lounge and had changed their hideout to the sibling's house. They would visit whenever they had the free time to accompany Seongjun. JunSeo was very relieved to hear that from Mark and he was very grateful to every single one of them. 

A month after her surgery, JB got a call from Mark saying that they will be returning to Korea as requested by Mark since he thought it would be easier for them to visit her as well as for her brothers. It was very thoughtful of him to do that.

During the month, Mark had called several times to inform them about Soah's condition. And they were Glad that SoAh is finally shifting back to Korea, which also meant that her condition is improving even thought she's still in Coma. 
During the whole of the stay in the US, JunSeo felt indebted to Mark and Got7. They had helped his family too much, even though Mark had assured him that he wanted to do it for SoAh.
Ever since they arrived on the first day, Mark had settled everything for them since they were not familiar with English. He had brought them to his family's house in the US and has never left the brothers alone. JunSeo wouldn't be able to afford the stay here if it wasn't for Mark. From the simplest transportation to accommodation and to his daily needs and meals, Mark has everything covered. 
Ever since Seongjun was sent back, Mark had sat JunSeo down every single night without fail to have a talk with him before they both ends their day. The reason being that Mark doesn't want JunSeo to overthink, and he was proud that he could at least take care of Soah's family in place of her. And that's she would be proud of him if she knows.  Several times during the talks, JunSeo had cried in front of Mark and they exchanged their deepest feelings with each other, and now, JunSeo had fully approved of Mark.

15 months have passed since SoAh’s surgery. Her surgery was a major success and she was in the process of recovering. Mark had been by her side throughout the whole 15 months. It touched SoAh’s brother, they could go back to work when they came back all thanks to Mark. When they were not there, Mark will always be there to take care of their sister. To put it in a simple way, they had fully entrusted their sister to Mark. They had allowed him to make the decision of SoAh’s return. Got 7 was doing well in school and they were happy for SoAh’s return.

Even when she hasnt wake up from her coma, he did not give up, he did not lose hope. He patiently visits her every day without fail. Ever since he came back, he had attended school obediently, and ace-ing all his subjects. Got 7 was shock when he was called out for getting the highest score. His reason was, “I want SoAh to see a different Mark when she wakes up, doing well, so she will be happy”. It was not expected from him. He would go to school early in the morning to study and leave when all the lessons end, after that, he would go straight to the hospital to visit SoAh. Sometimes, he would tell SoAh what he learnt that day, sometimes, he would read story books for her, sometimes, he would tell SoAh stories about him and sometimes, he would just quietly stay by her side, accompany her. He would sleep over in the hospital on Fridays just to spend more time with SoAh.

His arranged marriage was also cancelled after he had begged his mom to let go of him. He had talked to YooJin about it and after a few rounds of persuading, YooJin finally agreed to it. 
His mom still does not approve him being with SoAh but Joy had stopped talking about her after she found out that SoAh is very sick. Mark went home that day to pack and was confronted by his sister. She was being her y self which made Mark snap at her. She was taken aback when her brother sudden outburst. He was crying, he was telling Joy how much it hurt. She had never seen her brother that way before that she hugged her brother and cried. It was then that she realised how much her brother was in love than never before. Even if she was evil, she still has a soft side, which Mark was thankful. They were in a good relationship as for now. She understood him better now. She even spoke up for Mark when her mom was angry at Mark for being irresponsible for flying off without telling her anything. Joy could see how tired Mark was every time he returns from the hospital, but he insisted that he was alright. She would give him peace and sometimes, she would lend her listening ear to him. Joy was somehow thankful for SoAh because since young, even though she was closer to Mark than their eldest brother, they had never spent time talking like this. She even did the unexpected, she visited SoAh sometimes and even brought her flowers when she knows that Mark willl be late due to his extra classes. 
His mom too, was great affected after watching his son going home and leaving home without a word. He had refuse to speak to her, but she just couldn’t give in.

Jackson was concerned for his best friend but because he had a stubborn friend, he could just stay at the side lines and watch him. He volunteered to send Mark to and fro school and hospital, which he claimed, was the least he could do for him. He did visit SoAh with the rest of Got7 and all of them were still as rowdy as ever. They did make her two brothers feel better but they a little too loud and too handsome for the liking of the hospital that the nurses would purposely knock on the ward to ask them to keep their volume low.

BamBam had long gotten over his feelings for SoAh, not because she was sick but because he saw how sincere Mark was. He was happy that it was Mark that was by her side and not just any other guy.

Other than the hospital, JB and JR still stayed their house and refused to return to their own house even when the two brothers tried chasing them away, just to accompany them. Although they didn't say it out loud, the two brothers actually likes the two extra presence in the house. They knew how much support the two brothers need. They would try their best to make time for them. It was more than what a friend would do. They had already become a family. Got7 had gained two reliable brothers, and a sister they never had. While the three siblings had gained 7 brothers.


“Yah Min SoAh! How could you miss two of my birthdays!” SeongJun whined.

“Because SoAh doesn’t like you, hyung” Yugyeom playfully replied, and got a whack from SeongJun making the others laugh. It was SeongJun’s birthday and they had given him a surprise in SoAh’s ward, as they all knew how much Seongjun wants to celebrate his birthday with his sister.

“Look SoAh, aren’t you guilty that you missed our birthdays because you prefer sleep over us.” JunSeo Jokingly said to his sister while soothing her fringe lovingly.

Mark was gazing at her with so much love, and smiled at her brother’s sentence. He was watching SoAh and listening to his friend’s conversation. Something caught his eyes that his heart almost stopped beating. He doubled checked to see if he was dreaming by slapping himself which made the others in the room stopped and look at him weirdly.

He suddenly let out a smile.

“Has he finally gone crazy” Jackson commented.

“SeongJun, I think you might have gotten yourself the best birthday present.” JunSeo who caught what Mark was looking at.

SoAh’s eyes were half opened.


After half an hour of checking up on SoAh, they finally had time to speak to her. She was still drowsy as she had just woken up.

“Pumpkin, thank you for the best birthday present I’ve ever received” SeongJun hugged her.

SoAh could only smile. While eyeing an unfamiliar presence beside Seongjun. 

“JunSeo oppa?” She kept her curiosity aside for now.

“Yes lovely bum? I’m here.” JunSeo came to the other side of SoAh and she pulled him in to the hug also. It was definitely a lovely sight that made Got7 smile.

They released the hug. She finally took a look around her. Those familiar faces made her heart warm.

“Why that look SoAh? Perhaps you have amnesia after the operation” Jackson was at it again.

SoAh chuckled. “Even if I forget everyone, I will never forget you Jackson, I will never forget what you did to me”

Jackson turned pale.

“I am kidding Jackson, I understand why you did that. And I know you are not that kind of person” Jackson let out his breath, relieved to hear that. She smiled sheepishly looking at the unfamiliar figure, "are you the reason why my nickname became pumpkin?" 
"Yah, don't be rude, she is Jaeri. At least call her eonni" Seongjun playfully scolded while the lady stepped forward. 

"Hi SoAh, I am so Glad to finally speak to you after hearing so much from Seongjun" the lady with short hair, and bambi eyes held her hand out to SoAh for a handshake and smiled at her lovingly.

Soah couldn't keep her excitement to herself and returned with a wide toothy smile, she shook her hand, "I have been wanting to meet you too, sister-in-law" both seongjun and Jaeri got flustered hearing that.

Last but not least, her gaze stopped at the particular person that made her heart do those flip-flop thing. Her eyes watered.

“You are still here”

“Ofcourse, if not where would I go?” he replied, staring directly in to her eyes.

“Oooooh I guess it the cue for us to leave them alone” SeongJun announced teasingly, “20 mins Mark”

All of them left to give the lovebirds sometime to talk things out, finally after 15months.

“You didn’t listen to me and find someone else and live happily”

“Well technically, I did listen to you. I found you and I am still happy” He saw the faint blush on her cheeks and he chuckled. “You know how much you’ve made me wait for you. I miss you so much baby girl”

SoAh patted the space beside her for Mark to move there, and the hugged each other tightly. Afraid of letting go each other again.

“I miss you too Mark. I’m sorry to make you wait. And most importantly, I am sorry for whatever I’ve done or said back then. I have never meant anything I said. I love you”

Mark shushed her. “There’s no fault for you to want someone you care about to live happily, so don’t apologize. I should be sorry for the way I treated you. I love you too baby girl”

“let’s put all of these behind and we will start afresh alright?”

“start afresh?” SoAh nodded her head, Mark removed himself from SoAh’s embrace, “So Miss Min SoAh, I have laid my eyes on you very long ago, I love your smile, and you being stronger than any girls out there was what that caught my eyes. And when you show your weak side, was what made me want to take care of you better. I don’t want you to go to any one, I don’t want to lose you, so will you, will you be my girlfriend?”

Min SoAh chuckled, “Why are you laughing?” Mark ask curiously.

“Because I love you too Mark” SoAh pecked on Mark’s cheeks.


Life Don't get easier, you just get stronger,

 

Finally finished the story ofter countless years. 

Thank you for your support.  I know there's alot of mistakes and the story is not good enough but still, thank you for reading! 

See you guys in the next Fic! 

Big love for all of you out there.