33

Snowing in the summer

Two days after the blind date, Dayul called Mark out for a dinner and told him that it was because her dad asked her to. Mark had no choice but to go because not only his mom has spies around, Dayul’s father have too. She told her father that they both don’t like each other, but he insisted that the more they go out together, feelings will develop.

Mark thought it will be a short one and he decided not to tell SoAh about it without thinking much about anything else.

They were sitting in a café, trying their best to be comfortable with the stares from Dayul’s father’s spies.

“I will talk to my father, sorry you had to do this Mark.”

“It’s alright, I hope that guy you were courting doesn’t think the other way too.” *SoAh too*

“So… did you tell your mom about it? About the two of us not suitable for each other?”

“I haven’t been home since that day, I was at my friend’s place”

“I think your mom has a bigger power on that decision, please tell her faster so we can stop all these pretentious act.” Mark nodded, thinking the same way. He actually told his mom on phone but she didn’t want to listen, and kept emphasizing on Dayul having a bright personality and that this contrast between them would benefit Mark.

Mark was studying the café when he saw someone he didn’t expect to see. *SoAh* He stood up immediately when SoAh saw him with Dayul, as she walks away.

“Sorry Dayul I – “

“Don’t worry about me, go ahead, quick” Mark nodded thankfully at her and ran out in the speed of light.

“SOAH!” Soah didn’t stop but instead, she increased her speed.

Mark ran faster and caught up with her.

“Listen to me babygirl” SoAh expression was not what Mark was expecting. She wasn’t crying, she didn’t show that she was angry, but instead, her face spelled disappointed, which made Mark even more guilty.

“you promised just yesterday, how could you.”

“I can explain SoAh”

“Then explain.”

“We are just acting because her father had spies around us to make sure that she really went out with me”

“When I said explain, I don’t want to hear any excuses” She was too calm that scares Mark.

“Those are not excuses, its true…” Mark was holding onto SoAh in case she run away again.

“You promise you will tell me, you said you will never meet her again, so why didn’t you do as you said”

“because I thought the meeting would be short and I didn’t want to disappoint you – “

“You’ve already disappoint me, Mark. I told you I just want to know, are you afraid I won’t give you permission to meet her? You don’t need my permission. I won’t force you not to go, I just want to know, why can’t you just tell me. Or you’ve already found someone that you think will suite you? because the hell I know I don’t.” SoAh was on the verge of breaking down, “you can just tell me Mark. I told you just yesterday that… that if you found someone you love, you just have to tell me, I will leave you. I know this meeting might be nothing to you, but it is not nothing to me, this means trusts.” Tears slipped down SoAh’s cheeks as she pulled herself away from Mark. Mark couldn’t understand why was it such a big deal for SoAh but he knows that SoAh was very disappointed in him, but he was disappointed in SoAh for not being understanding enough.

“Min SoAh! If you don’t trust me, then what’s the point of me explaining” SoAh was frozen on steps, “So what if I say I like her – “

SoAh clench her teeth and turned around, “Then I will gladly leave you. is this the kind of joke you rich kids play? If yes, then fine. If that’s what you want, then I will leave you” Instead of getting angry, SoAh just sobbed, she was disappointed but she knew deep down that she will never be the one for Mark. They are from two different universes. She won’t force something she know will never happen.

Mark was heartbroken, he didn’t expect SoAh to be this serious, he thought she would turn around and hug him, telling him she understands, and that she’s sorry. Because that's what all his exes did when he wanted to break up with other, but apparently, SoAh is different from them. Maybe, just maybe he doesn’t understand SoAh enough, maybe they got together on impulse. Mark’s eyes were red but he refused to let his tears fall.

That’s what happens when two people whom refuse to give in collides.


Mark reached home with a depressing mood, he had never felt this sad before. Opening the front door, Mark’s mum came running down the stairs, upon seeing his son, she was so hyped up about finding a new blind date for him.

“En ah! You’re finally home, I’ve been waiting to tell you this good news” she looked at her son’s face, but receiving no responds, she continued, “the youngest daughter of the Sung corporation agreed to go on a blind date with you, she is and will be the perfect candidate for your future wife. If you are wondering, yes, Kwon Dayul gave me a call and told me you two can’t get along. Forget about the Kwon’s daughter, she’s so rude. She didn’t even greet me when she saw me that day. I can’t imagine what will happen when you too get married. Sung’s daughter will be better.”

“Mom”

“She’s gorgeous, I can promise you will definitely love her. I can’t wait to see this arrange marriage blossom”

Mark sighed, raising his left hand holding on his pounding head, “Mom, stop”

“I have met her! She’s polite too, and she’s one year younger than you. I can’t exp-“

“MOM!”

Mark couldn’t stand it anymore, blind dates, arranged marriage, his mom, everything. He just hoped that his mom would stop putting in all these useless effort, can’t she see how much Mark is in love with SoAh. Even if she could see, she didn’t want to understand because, this is the society that Mark belongs to. She was born in a below average family, how could the society he is living in, accept her? How could his own mother accept her? Even if it means he would die without SoAh?

His mom was startled by Mark’s sudden raise in voice.

“Uh, why? Are you okay?” After so much rambling on how wonderful the Sung’s youngest daughter is, she finally stopped and realised how tired her son looked.

“I’m tired, talk to you tomorrow” With heavy steps, he trudged upstairs to his room.

Closing the door behind him, he walked towards his study table. Taking in deep breath to calm himself down but instead of calming down, his breath seems to get heavier and heavier.

“AHHHHRRRG” In a flash, everything on his study table was swapped off. He wobbled towards the sofa and plopped himself on it. Looking in to space.

“En ah what ha- OH MY GOSH WHAT JUST HAPPENED, MARK?” Mark’s mom came in after hearing the commotion, but was shocked by the situation in the room. She quickly closed the door, she didn’t want anyone to see this. She walked towards her son who looked so lost, she felt her heart broke, her son was never like this. Although he has his temper, but he is always quiet and doesn't talk muc at home. Slowly and carefully, she sat down on the sofa beside Mark and patted his thigh.

“En ah, what had happened to you? You know you can tell me everything, I am your mom.”

“Your son is not in the mood to talk today” He coldly said

“Why? Mom will always be here, share with me. Hmm”

“Mom? Tch” Mark smirked and looked at his mom, he stayed like this and his mom did not question him, patiently waiting for him to continue. “Mom, you’re wrong, I can never tell you anything. I can never tell you anything I want to tell you, I can only tell you things you want to hear. How is that everything?” He paused for a while, playing with his finger, looking down at his feet, “When I was 8 years old, I told you I want to play drum, you ignored me and go on telling me how wonderful piano is. When I was 14, you told me to stop hanging out with Got7, but they were my only friends. When I was 16, I said I want to dance, and you told me dance is dangerous for a business man. I was only 16 back then, but you’ve already tried to force a path into my life. Business man? I hate that. I just wanted a normal childhood, a normal teenage life, and guess what? I defied you, I learned dance secretly and kept on hanging out with GOT7 even until now. Now that I am 20, I have the person I want to live my life with, you objected and forced me to go for blind dates. Mom, I am a grown up now, I know what’s right and who’s right for me.”

Mark’s mom softened, gazing at her son with tears welled up in her eyes, “No, you don’t Mark. You don’t know what’s right or who’s right for you. You think I didn’t know you learned dance and kept sticking around those kids secretly? I knew it all along, I gave you all you want, aren’t all those enough? I can’t let you continue ruining your future with that girl”

“Even if I die now, you won’t even blink an eye. I know that mom, I just know it. You have 3 kids, 2 sons and 1 daughter. Hyung is doing what you want isn’t it? Joy… Joy is your precious. Even if you lose 1 son, you still have the 2 other kids. I just don’t matter to you. I am the worse out of your 3 kids.” Tear drops rolled down Mark’s eyes while saying that. He’s really hurt, badly. His heart is aching, missing the person he wants to marry for life. He thought he could control everything but he was wrong. His family was the reason why his happiness isn’t going to last. He was the reason to your tears.

“What are you talking about Yi En ah, you are my precious, and all three of you are. You are scaring me, Mark.” She held on to Mark’s face, wiping the tears but was stopped by him.

“Go mom, I’m tired, I want to sleep now” He walked away from his mom, towards his bed and lied flatly on it. His mom sighed deeply before exiting her son’s room, giving him privacy and peacefulness he needed.

Closing his eyes tightly, letting him tears flow out of his eyes freely. Your crying face was still plastered in his mind.


“Oppa, I’m home.” SoAh walked around the park to cool herself down before returning home. She didn’t want her brother to find something amiss. She wants to resolve this herself, without the involvement of her brothers.

“That’s late, did you work today?” JunSeo was home early too.

“y-yeah”

“SoAh, I told you that you should just focus on school, don’t worry anything about money alright”

“Oppa, it’s not about the money, I really like the flower shop halmoni” It was partly true anyway. “I am going to change first”

“Alrighty”

SoAh went in to her room and took her time to change. She was just going home from school when she decided to drop by the flower shop to see if the shop was busy and needed help, and by chance she had to see Mark with the blind date girl. She knew she had to be understanding because of his background but it was wrong, so wrong that they got together. She told herself not to think that way, because it will only get worse if she thinks that way but she couldn’t help. She shook away her thoughts and went to the dining table when she was done changing.

“How’s your day little sister?” JunSeo ask while slurping his noodle.

“Great. What time does SeongJun oppa’s shift end today?” She took her noodle and eat, trying to change the topic.

“Around 9 I guess. Why?”

“nah just checking.” SoAh faked a smile to her brother.


The following day, Mark didn’t come to SoAh’s house to pick her up which she was disappointed, she thought Mark would apologize or even if he doesn’t, at least he would care enough to just walk beside her.

“Oh look who’s there. Just my luck today” she saw the familiar figure trying to recognise the person infront of her. “You don’t recognize me do you.” the guy smirked, “Of course, you were trying very hard to brave that you didn’t even look at your surrounding for a bit. Or perhaps you lost your memory?”

*Was it…*

“B.A.P?” SoAh asked cautiously. She was alone now and though this guy is alone too, she can’t let her guard down. It was because of them she was hurt. Her heart raised as her hand reached for her phone in her pocket.

“Smart enough. I’m Daehyun” He held out his hand. SoAh just stared at it. *What? He expect me to shake it after he had me hospitalize? * “You were the one that decided to jump in front of that wimpy kid, we didn’t force you to.” He shook his hand in attempt to make you shake it again.

*Did I just say my thoughts out loud? *

“He’s not a wimpy kid, he has a name. you aren’t supposed to hit him anyway” She ignored his hand and just look at him making him taking back his hands and kept it by his side.

“Hey, SoAh, right?” She nodded. “I’m not here to cause any trouble, don’t worry I am alone. I … I – “He was looking around, avoiding SoAh’s eyes, “I am sorry”

 “Huh?!” SoAh was taken aback.

“I said I’m sorry.” Daehyun took in a deep breath. “Putting that kid aside, I don’t hit girls. In fact my friends and I didn’t expect you to jump in and save that kid. We all felt guilty but because we lived our life recklessly, there’s no turning back for us if we were to get caught by police so we ran away. Since I saw you here by chance, I just want to apologize sincerely, on behalf of my friends too. For hurting you and for not helping you.”

“Whatever, it’s been so long anyway, not like we can do anything about it” SoAh dislike all those feelings she’s having now. She wasn’t like that, she was someone who doesn’t care about anything or anyone. Ever since got7 came into her life, she began trusting people more and showing more of her emotions which she dislikes it a lot.

SoAh stood there waiting for him to say something.

“Just know that I’m sorry alright, we all are.” that’s all what Daehyun said before we walk away. 

it was then SoAh could let out the breath that she has been holding back due to her fear, SoAh shrugged and continue her walk towards the school. The nearer she got to school, the more her feelings got back, she don’t know if she was excited to see Mark or not. She was wishing for Mark to initiate something, just anything.

“I heard Mark was with another woman, Tch I knew it, why would the prince be with that commoner” SoAh overheard two students talking at the corner of the corridor. She dropped her head, she keeps telling herself it’s okay, don’t listen to what other says but she could bring herself to. Maybe they were right.

“I am giving you girls three seconds to scram off before I kick you out of the school.” SoAh turned her attention to the source of the voice to find YoungJae standing there. She looked at him thankfully. The girls ran off almost immediately.

“Are you okay?”

“Yeah, thank you Youngjae, I will get going first” SoAh was about to leave but YoungJae called her back.

“You sure? I actually heard something about you and Mark.” SoAh could only give a small smile to Youngjae.

“Hey, this is not the SoAh I know. Don’t listen to what other says, always see what Mark does instead alright, that’s enough.” She knew Youngjae was a man of few words in Got7 and only wise words comes out of his mouth. She nodded at him. “I will see you during lunch them?” She nodded again. Then both of them walked away.

*watch...what he does?...*


Lunch arrived shortly, SoAh sat at Got7’s table as usual and when Mark came she became quiet. Got7 took a look at SoAh then back to Mark. They wanted to help but they didn’t know how to. They did told Mark to apologize to SoAh first because he’s a guy but he didn’t say anything about it.

SoAh’s tray was only half filled when Mark saw it, he quietly told BamBam who was sitting between him and her to exchange seats and of course, BamBam agreed. She was too busy playing with her food to notice that Mark was now sitting beside her. She looks up when she saw a chopstick putting all the meat onto her plates.

“You should stop playing with your food and eat more before it turns soggy” Mark said

“Why do you even care”

“of course I do” Even when they were whispering to each other, it was still caught by their friends and they just smiled at each other. Brightening up the atmosphere around them.


Got 7 left the couple on their own because they knew there was something still unsettled among them. They were walking side by side, holding onto each other’s hand firmly, but none of them were talking. Both of them didn’t know where to start, they were both afraid that they will say the wrong things.

“Erm… SoAh, I’m sorry. I really hope this doesn’t affect our relationship. I know I should’ve told you, and sorry I didn’t. Can you just let this one slide? I don’t want to lose you. you have to know none of those girls would gain my interest other than you. I want to apologise for those words that came out of my mouth, I was...Just too agitated that day.”

“There are things that I am sorry about too Mark, I should’ve been more understanding but I couldn’t. sorry I am not able to do it but I will try to next time.”

“sillygirl, there won’t be a next time” Mark ruffled SoAh’s hair and gave her a peck on the cheek.