14

Snowing in the summer

"How's my little sis?"  JunSeo came in with a bag in his hand. Instead of greeting your brother back, you fixed your eyes on the plastic bag and was caught by JunSeo.

"Oppa! Is that food?! Is that for me!" you asked excitedly reaching out to snatch the bag of food.

"YahYahYah! I came here for you and all you ask about is food? And no, I haven't had my dinner yet, this is not for you. It's for me and SeongJun, he will be coming later." He lightly knocked your head and went back to set up the container of food. You pouted, and he laughed.

"Oh" you said disappointedly, "what time is it already and you haven’t had your dinner yet?"

"Yeah I had to work overtime, but you don't have to worry, I'm way healthier than you" He said patting your head and sat beside you, waiting for Seongjun to arrive to have dinner together.

"So what have you done the whole day?" This question got you freeze for a few seconds, you were contemplating whether to tell him Mark visited you and brought you to the park for a walk or not. In the end you decided to keep it a secret, you didn’t want your brothers to cause any trouble in the hospital. “What else can I do when there is only my economics book with me?" It wasn’t a total lie, before Mark asked you out, you were reading your economics book the whole morning. Speaking of Mark, you haven’t seen BamBam ever since you were hospitalized, you wonder how he was, Why haven’t he visit you but you missed your chance to ask Mark. The last time you saw him, he wasn’t in a very good state neither.

"You are sick, yet you insist on me bringing books for you. You need to learn when to relax and stop studying so much. I mean we would love it if you get good results but-"

"Oppa, when can I be discharged? It’s so boring here and I miss home" You cut him and gave him a sheepish smile.

He rolled his eyes realising what you were trying to do, "Pabo, if you're worried about the hospital fees then don’t even think about it, you're more important than money SoAh."

"But oppa, it’s not because of the hospital fees, it’s just that it’s reeeeeally boring here"

"You are my sister, you think I don’t know you well enough? Other than studying, what else do you do at home? Just rest here until Doctor Park says you can go"

"But oppa-"

"No buts, And I called dad that day, but he said he got transfered to Busan for the time being, so he couldn't come over, and he said sorry. He sounded really sad." 

"It's alright, you shouldn't have told him though, I don't want to worry him" Junseo smiled

"He will be more worried to find you not in your room at night." He pinched your nose and stood up when he heard the door opened.

“Hi hyung! And Hello Pumpkin! How are you feeling today?" Seongjun greeted cheerfully although tired were obviously reflected in his eyes. You chuckled and told him you felt much better. JunSeo must be very hungry since he went to set up the food on the patient's table immediately after Seongjun arrived. It hurts you to see your father and your two brothers working so hard but you couldn't help them, but instead, now you got yourself into more trouble and they have to pay the hospital bill on top of their burden. Your thoughts were broken when JunSeo pushed a bowl of galbitang towards you.

"Eat up, I know how awful hospital food is, and you've lost so much weight"

"Thank you oppa deul” you smiled which made both of your brothers felt happy.


After Mark returned to BamBam's ward, BamBam was already wide awake. He decided to keep the visit a secret from Got7.

"Oh Mark Hyung! You didn't go school? And what's with that red stain on your shirt?" he asked but only got a shook of head in return before Mark plopped down on the couch, BamBam didn't ask much and continue to use his phone. They stayed like this in silence, Mark lying on the couch and BamBam watching videos and surfing the net on his bed, until late evening.

"YOOHOO, SAY HEY TO FOOD." Needless to say, even a blind man would know its Jackson. Without receiving much attention from the two people in the room, Jackson gave them both a look. "No food for the two of them!" He said childishly and pointing fingers at them. Upon hearing this, BamBam jumped out of the bed and clung onto Jackson and they started fighting for food.

"I wanted to ask how was Bam but looking at this I guess he's more than okay" YoungJae joked.

"Yah, that's enough, gosh, it’s a hospital for goodness sake, stop embarrassing yourself." JR said. With that, he snatched the food away from Jackson and set up on the table. Like a joker dual, they made stupid faces at JR. Unexpectedly, JR turned and smirked at them. “No food for the two of you!” They rest of the members cracked up.

The next day, BamBam was announced to be discharged. He happily packed his bag when s came in to the ward after they’ve settled the discharge papers for him. Before they left the ward, BamBam requested to visit SoAh, since they’ve promised BamBam to let him visit her after he have recovered, they can’t reject his request this time when he has fully recovered.

JB led the way to SoAh’s ward and on the way there, BamBam felt nervous. Was it because SoAh got injured because of him or is there another reason? He didn’t want to think about it. He was playing with his fingers to ease his nervousness, Yugyeom saw and came beside him, he put his arms over BamBam’s shoulder, “Nervous?” He half whispered. He smiled as he received a nod. He ruffled BamBam’s hair, to be honest, it was his first time seeing BamBam this way. Even though by month, Yugyeom is younger than BamBam, but Yugyeom acts like a big brother towards BamBam and sometimes, towards the other members as well. As they got nearer to the ward, Mark too, was getting nervous, well technically, since his heart was beating very fast. Flashbacks of you asking him to stay and you walking infront of him came to his mind  that made the corner of his lip raised a little.


You were having a little chat with your brothers, both you and Junseo as usual, were teasing SeongJun. The story started by him calling you pumpkin and Junseo telling you he saw him talking to a girl. He ended up spilling to the two of you how he met this girl at the café when they both ordered pumpkin soup but the waiter sent both pumpkin soup to the girl’s table and SeongJun ended up sitting with the girl since he find her attractive. You were laughing at how bold he could be. Never will you imagine that SeongJun will take the initiative to approach a girl.

“When are you going to bring her for me to check her out?” JunSeo said playfully and wiggled his eyebrow which made you laugh even harder.

“Yaaaaaaah hyuuuuung~” SeongJun whined, your head hurts all of the sudden after laughing so hard, you stopped to calm yourself down. The Min brothers paused too and move towards you.

“Are you okay sis?” Junseo held the both side of your head, “Yah…” he mumbled, and started to wipe the blood that flowed down from your nose with his thumb trying to stop it. “SeongJun! Pass me the tissue box!” without further ado, SeongJun immediately did what was told and helped Junseo to stop the flow of your blood. The blood finally stopped flowing after a while. “You scare me! Does this happens when we are not around?”

You remembered that only time when you were with Mark but you can’t possibly tell them about it. “No” you lied, not looking at them.

“Are you sure Min SoAh? Be honest.” SeongJun spotted it and said

“No, really”

“Then look and me and say it. I practically raised you up, I know you better than yourself.” You immediately shifted your view to them after he mentioned it. Since young, whenever you lie, you were conscious of it and you would avoid looking at the person. You mentally scolded yourself for not being cautious enough. “So it happened before?! When was it?” Junseo prompted.

*, what am I going to say* You bit your lips unconsciously. “Don’t think of another lie to cover up, just tell us the truth, does it have anything to do with those boys?” SeongJun were looking straight into your eyes.

Your eyes opened wide, *How did he know* “Yeah, BUT OPPA! He did not do anything to me, he just, he just brought me out for a walk, he was just being nice and visited me."

“A WALK!? AND YOUR NOSE BLED?!" SeongJun is over-reacting again which made the other patients in the room to stare at him, he paused, took in a deep breath to calm himself down and apologised to them before he continues, “I thought we said to not get too close to them? Did we or did we not say?”

You sigh, whenever SeongJun is angry, he started talking this way, which makes you irritated with all his ‘did we or did we not’ questions.

“Yes you did” you sulked.

“Then why did you- Speaking of those devils” SeongJun instantly turned towards those people he dislike, standing in front of the door. Junseo too, focused on them.

“BamBam is getting discharged today and before he leaves, he wishes to pay a visit to SoAh” JB spoke up for BamBam

“She’s alright, you can leave now, the last thing I remembered I said was to not bother visiting her in the period when she's hospitalised”

JB was about to speak but BamBam won him to it, he squeezed himself in front of s and come face to face with the Min brothers. “It’s my fault that SoAh is hospitalise, I’m here to apologise, I’m sorry for causing so much trouble but I promise I will not do any harm to her, I just want to see how’s she’s doing. Can you please allow us to visit her?”

JunSeo was contemplating. “Junseo oppa, just let them in hmm?” You bite your lip afraid that Junseo will be angry at you but you were relieved when he agreed. “SeongJun let’s just give them 30mins, come on let’s go to the cafeteria” Being the ever so understanding elder brother, he understands that in the midst of caring for you, he should understand you too. SeongJun reluctantly followed his brother out but not before he ruffles your hair again.

“Ah, right.” Before Junseo stepped out of the ward, he was reminded of something which caught Got 7’s attention as well as yours. “Who came to visit SoAh while we were not around?”

“Oppa~” you whined and covered your face. Why did you have 2 over protecting brothers?

“I think you misun-“JB wanted to tell Junseo that no one had visited you but was cut off by that oh so lovely voice. “It’s me” Mark replied slowly. Got7 members were shocked too, why would the Mark who opposed and hate the said girl so much, visit her?

Without saying anything, your brothers left. Which left them dumbfounded. They were expecting an explanation from him but what can you expect from Mark? He took a chair and sat down like nothing happened.

“SoAh, I’m sorry” BamBam had his head hung low.

“It’s okay, I’m okay aren’t I? It’s not like you pushed me to them.” You assured him

“Yah Min SoAh! Thank you for your busybody!” Jackson being Jackson was hit by his other members. You let out a soft chuckle. “I hope you’re recovering well” Yugyeom was watching BamBam all along and he don’t know if he should feel happy or worried.

“Yes I am”

“If it wasn’t for you, I don’t know if I will be able to be standing here right now.” You just return him a smile.

“Yeah you go girl!” Jackson trying to fist bump you but you only gave him a weird look. He mumbled something you can’t comprehend, and he slowly put down his fist.

“Alright Jackson, move it. Min So Ah, I think Got7 owes you a big time. I guess, I can’t see you as the Min SoAh we bullied before, I probably can never bully you again, even?” JB stuck out his hand.

“We are never even okay, what did I do to make you guys bully me? Nothing.” You glance at him looking at you so awkwardly, but you took his hand “but anyway, even.” You said coolly.

“Get well soon” was everything that YoungJae said. He was talkative, but he can’t find the right word at the moment. He was guilty of being the accomplice of bullying you before he even knows you.

JR walks up to you and sat down beside your bed. You shifted away as he moved closer and that caught the attention of the two boys. “Thank you” he said it in a seductive way and ruffled your hair.

“I don’t think we know each other that well for you to do that” You told him. He was taken a back and they were all laughing at him.

Yugyeom didn’t said anything but just smiled at you as you met eyes with him, and you could feel the sincerity in him. As if trying to express how much he appreciated that you saved BamBam. You returned his smile.

All of them then stopped talking at the same time and they all shifted their gaze to Mark. Mark looked at them, “what?” he said in English.

“I guess you have nothing to say huh, since you already said what you want to say on the previous visit huh” Youngjae . He rolled his eyes, not interested in replying them.

*They were actually not that bad huh, but why do they hate me before?* you will probably never get an answer for that because they themselves don’t know the reason.

As promised, JunSeo and SeongJun came in after 30 minutes sharp. They literally chased Got7 out. You were glad they didn’t question you anything more, be it about their visit or Mark’s visit.