19

Snowing in the summer

After the last bell rang, you told BamBam you have to get home, he volunteered to take you home but you rejected him because you told him you don’t feel that comfortable with him yet for him to send you home. He agreed and didn’t prompt you anymore questions. He just told you to be careful which you returned him a smile, you were glad he didn’t bug you more and for that, you were thankful. BamBam knew you didn’t like it if he insisted, so he respected your decision.

Walking along the alley home, you felt as if you had forgotten something, but you couldn’t remember. Before your thoughts get deeper, your hair stood as you felt someone following you. *Aish, if only I didn’t reject BamBam* You felt uncomfortable, what if you were taken away, what if he’s a ert, you sped up, wanting to get home faster. You heard the person smirked before you frowned. *Is he laughing at me?!* You stopped on track without turning behind and the person spoke up.

“Are you scared Min So Ah?” You perked up and felt relieved at the voice. *Mark* It’s not that you were relieved that it’s Mark but you would rather it to be mark that any other ert. You faced him. “Why the hell you following me! And I’m not scared you idiot”

He laughed, “Then why are you running away? And idiot? You calling me an idiot? I wasn’t following you, this isn’t your street, and it’s coincidence that I met you here.” You scoffed at him and walked away. *He laughed again*

“Since we met here, I might as well walk you home right” He said without any emotions and walked beside you.

“Who said I need you to walk me home, I can go home myself, go away”

“Yeah sure you can, nobody said you can’t, I’m just afraid you will faint on your way home, now let’s move it” He grabbed your arm and pulled you towards to direction to your house. Passing by the fixed lamppost reminded you of that night when Mark walked you home.

“Do you like me or something?” You blurted out without warning which surprised yourself too. “I-I meant why do you keep walking me home” You mentally hit your big mouth *what have I just done?!*

“You must be crazy” It was followed by a silent and you two walked quietly beside each other. The atmosphere was actually not awkward and you felt comfortable.

*Yeah, I must be crazy* you thought.

“Where is your house? It’s so deserted here, I don’t remember walking so far.” You two have been walking down the alley for quite some time now and it’s still not there yet. *I thought he came here before but he doesn’t know where I live?!* What can you expect from him, he came from wealthy family, just a snap of finger and a car will appear in front of him, why bother remembering a house that wasn’t his.

“Just in front, you can leave now”

“Are you chasing someone whom just walked you home away? At least let me in and visit your house”

“How about no” You walked ahead of him and you stopped in front of your house.

“Though I came to your house before but I’m still awed at how tiny your house is. I thought the houses in front were quite small but at least they were acceptable, but your house…” his voice trailed away while he examined your house which made you felt conscience about it, no one in school have actually visited your house because they will never ever come to this neighbourhood, except for Got7. They were too high up there to visit this neighbourhood. Looking at your uncomfortable gaze, Mark immediately corrected himself.

“I didn’t mean it in a bad way, I, I just, I am just not use to it”

“Yeah, what can I expect from a rich kid like you. You know how to walk out right, bye” Finding your key to open the door, Mark just stared at you. He felt sorry for judging at you looking at your small framed body.

“Are you really not going to let me in? I came all the way here”

You sighed, feeling bad, because he actually did walk you home, somehow. *When did I start having so much feelings*

“Not today, Mark” you didn’t feel like inviting him in, like just now, you felt as if you have something on, but you couldn’t remember.  You convinced yourself that you didn’t want him in because you know how much your brothers dislike him.

“Alright, I am coming back another day then” He didn’t know why but he felt that you look happier ignoring the fact that you almost fainted in school earlier today.

“The Min don’t send guest away without a meal, why don’t you just join us for dinner?” You turned towards the source of the voice.

“A-Appa! You’re early today!” You ran over to your dad and help him carry the food he bought.

“Yeah, my daughter, didn’t you see the note I left for you?” *The note…how could I forget that?! What’s wrong with me?* “thank you for helping, SoAh. And who is this young man?” You were busy staring at your dad that you didn’t hear his question. His haggard face made your heart broken. He has grown a lot older, he looked tired and his hair were all white. It made your tears welled up in your eyes that you didn’t notice Mark was looking between you and your dad. Your mind was occupied with too much thoughts.

“Soah?” You came around your senses. “y-yeah?”

“Who is this young man here?”

“He’s Mark, Appa, my schoolmate.”

“Nice to meet you sir, I am Mark, So Ah’s friend” You shot a look at him.

“Yeah appa, he’s about to leave, I’m just sending him off” You signalled Mark but he ignored you.

“Are you in a hurry Mark? Would you like to join us for dinner?”

“APPA!” your dad jumped at your loud voice, “He’s just about to leave, erm, maybe other time. I think he’s quite busy” You pinched Mark’s arm asking him to say something. Your dad is home and you didn’t want to ruin it. It was a family dinner after so long.

“Actually my scheduled dinner was cancelled, I guess I can join you if I’m not intruding your family time”

“Oh sure, definitely not. Come in then! I will go in and prepare the dishes first”

“What the hell did you just do?!” You gritted your teeth and said in low voice to Mark, while he just mischievously returned you a smile.

“WHY IS THIS GUY HERE?! AND WASNT HYUNG SUPPOSED TO FETCH YOU BACK?!”

*oh , JunSeo oppa. Did I forget about that too? How…*

It totally slipped your mind that JunSeo was to fetch you home from school and you came back with Mark. Double trouble.

“Oppa, dad invited him in. Could you help me give a call to oppa?”

SeongJun could only sigh at the moment before walking away to the kitchen to greet your dad and to call JunSeo, not before pinching your cheeks which in turn, he received a series of groans from you. “You’re so dead Min So Ah, I can’t help you now, hyung is going to kill you.”

Your dad was in the kitchen preparing food and he didn’t know what was happening but Mark witnessed the whole scene. He knew that you and your brothers had very close relationship but he was just amazed by the interactions, it was different from him and his siblings.

“I’m so dead thanks to you, idiot” You rolled your eyes at Mark before walking past him to sit at the couch. “Take a seat idiot”

“Would you stop calling me idiot, damn, I am Mark for goodness sake, no one ever calls me an idiot.”

You ignore him at kept quiet until your dad came out and knuckled your head which gave you a shock “Be nice to your friend So Ah!”

“Appa!” You whined at your dad, while he grabbed both of your cheeks, “aigoo, my daughter has grown up so much.” Before walking back to the kitchen, your gaze followed him and you thought he was weird. It’s probably in the genes, that’s why SeongJun is like this. Mark felt his heart warmed up at that scene. His dad never did that to him, his dad was stern, and in Mark’s point of view, he only cared about his work. He envied you for having two protective siblings and loving father.

“M-Min SoAh”

“Yeah?”

“Your nose” Mark said while rushing to grab the nearest napkins and rushed to you. He grabbed onto your cheeks and wiped your blood away, you didn’t notice your nose was bleeding until he told you.

“Yah! What are you doing to my sister?” SeongJun came running out and almost got a heart attack at the scene. At his point of view, Mark looked like he was kissing you.

“Oppa! Shhh” SeongJun walked towards you before he clearly sees that your nose is bleeding and he understood why you were shutting him up because you didn’t want your dad to worry. SeongJun pushed Mark away which stunned the latter before tending to you.

“Are you okay? Did this jerk do anything to you?” He asked after your bleeding stopped.

“No, my nose just bled out of a sudden”

“What am I going to do with you, first you came home without hyung who was waiting for you in school then-“

“OPPA IS WAITING FOR ME IN SCHOOL?!” *I am so dead.*

“Yes, quieten down will you. Then you brought this Jerk home.”

“Who are you calling Jerk.” Mark felt ridiculous for being called names the whole day.

“YOU.” SeongJun Childishly pointed finger at him. “You’re in my house so accept whatever I call you” You just laughed off at the scene, SeongJun is always like this.

“SoAh ya! Can you help me bring out all the plates and rice!” you dad shouted from the kitchen.

“I will do it, you rest here.” He was about to leave when he spotted mark. “No, on a second thought, you go.”

Mark wanted to argue but he gave up and he went to the kitchen to help your dad. You were once again amazed by your brother’s diva personalities. You didn’t think anyone could make Mark do anything.

After who knows how long, you were having a chat with your maknae oppa while Mark was helping your dad, which surprisingly, they could click well with each other, you heard the front door opening. You knew you were dead, it was your older brother, who wasn’t looking very happy. You sunk lower in to the sofa. 

“Does oppa knows that idiot is here?” You whispered to SeongJun and he told you that JunSeo was not aware yet. After closing the front door, JunSeo casted you a look before entering his room, probably to change his clothes. You your dry lips waiting for the worst to come.

“Did Seo reached home?” Your dad asked from the kitchen

“Yeah appa! I just came home” You older brother answered before heading to the kitchen to greet your dad. You were nervous, nervous to how he would react upon seeing Mark in your kitchen. He hadn’t flare up because he thought you came home alone. You closed your eyes to calm yourself down. SeongJun was trying hard to keep his laughter in before whispering you’re so dead to you. You could only roll your eyes at him. *1,2,3-*

“WHY THE HELL IS THIS MAN DOING HERE?!” *here comes trouble* As expected, Junseo came out of the kitchen looking furious, with his hands on his hip. You shot up from the couch and walked towards your brother. Your dad and Mark followed him out too to see what was happening especially your dad who look appalled at JunSeo.

“O-o-oppa, I-I can explain.” Your brother’s temper at the moment was no joke.

“Explain then Min So Ah, why in the world is that man doing in our house? First you came home without me, I don’t care if I have waited for you for long, I just need you home safely but I came home to see him here” you had your head down, you know you did wrong, your brother was too nice to be angry at you for making him wait for you, for that, you felt really bad.

“What’s happening here? JunSeo? So Ah? Why are you so angry Seo? I was the one who invited Mark in.” Your dad was clueless at what was happening, he didn’t know who Mark is except the ‘fact’ that he’s your ‘friend’. He was surprised at JunSeo being so angry, scolding you. Mark wanted to speak up for you but he didn’t know if he should. He was just watching from the side. He didn’t know why he was feeling this way. 1. Wanting to speak up for you, he didn’t want you to be blamed at for anything. 2. He wanted your dad to have a good impression of him, and didn’t want to know what he did to you. And lastly, he wanted your brothers to accept him. He didn’t need them to like him, but he just wants them to accept him.

“You invited him in, dad? We are supposed to have a family dinner like after decades, why is he here? And do you know who is he? How can you just invite him in?” You felt bad for Mark, your brother and your dad. Your dad because he was getting questioned without knowing anything. Your brother because he waited for you, he didn’t do anything wrong, he just wanted to protect you but it felt as if everyone was ridiculed by his anger. As for Mark, you didn’t know why, he was at fault for insisting on coming to your house but you just felt bad because JunSeo’s temper was directed at him.

“Isn’t he So Ah’s friend? Why are you so worked up?” You were glad your dad had a great temper.

“Min SoAh, you said you can explain, explain then” He ignored your dad and looked at you, but you just stayed quiet, you didn’t know what to say. You had both your hands in front of you, as you nervously fidgeted. “I’m waiting”

“I…” You sighed softly, “Hyung, let’s talk after dinner huh?” SeongJun tried to help you but JunSeo did not listen to him. JunSeo eyes only fixed on you which scares you and you shrunk under his gaze.

“That’s enough son, let’s have dinner first, I rarely come home for dinner, so let’s have dinner together first” Your dad shook his head and walked back to the kitchen again, “Let’s talk after dinner Mark”

“Yeah, sir” Mark had so much things running in his head, it was better for him to talk after. He thought of leaving but no, Mark never does those things, if he decides to stay at first, he will stay until the end. That’s the stubborn son raised from rich family.

“We will talk after dinner too Min So Ah.” JunSeo said sternly before walking towards the dining table, you could only sigh. SeongJun patted your back and blurted something along the line that no one wants to talk to him. He was just weird like that.

You trudged towards the dining table too, after SeongJun, grabbing on the a corner of his sweater. The atmosphere was so tense that all of you ate dinner in silence. You never thought that the first dinner with your dad after so long would get ruined by you. SeongJun kept making silly comments but no one responded to him. You could sense that your dad wasn’t very happy with it but he kept quiet. That’s what you like about your dad, he was cool in situations like this.

After dinner, SeongJun was left alone to wash the dishes as your dad said he wanted to talk to Mark. JunSeo ordered him to wash and pulled you away for a talk. He was grumbling with every step he took. You told JunSeo you will help him with the washing first before talking to him but JunSeo said no. He was so cold that his voice made a shiver ran down your spine. SeongJun signalled you to go before JunSeo get any more upset with you.

He was worried for you but he trusted JunSeo that he will not do anything that’s too over. He knows that he won’t hurt their sister.