42

Snowing in the summer

“Mark hyung, can we talk to you?” Got 7 came by Mark while he was at his locker with YooJin. They didn’t like Yoojin because she stuck herself too close to Mark every single second they see him. She seemed like she was afraid that SoAh would take back Mark. Every time when SoAh gets near Mark, YooJin would run over and hug Mark’s arm. SoAh would pretend she never see that sight. Mark was disturbed by the fact that SoAh would always see him with YooJin, but he pushed away the thought. Joy still bothers SoAh from time to time warning her about her distance with Mark. She was happy that SoAh had kept her distance, not talking to Mark and she gradually left SoAh alone.
Joy and YooJin was always seen together if she is not with Mark, they had known each other very long, they understood each other well. YooJin knew what Joy wants and could tolerate Joy’s temper, and even scolds Joy without getting slapped which was a whole new thing to GOT7 because not many people can do that.

Mark glanced up from his locker to find his friends surrounding him. “Sure, go ahead” he signalled them to talk.

“Erm” JB signalled him about the presence of YooJin. Mark sighed and look at her.

She was too dense to get his hint, or maybe she chose to ignore. “Unwanted object insight, we can’t talk” Jackson commented sarcastically.

“YooJin, can you stop sticking yourself to Mark for 5 minutes while we talk to him somewhere else” YoungJae scoffed. Mark did nothing to stop his friend from being rude to YooJin, making her boils in the inside. She was sure they want her to get away but she didn’t want to.

“Wae oppa? You guys can just talk here, what’s so secretive? We all knew each other for so long, there’s nothing to hide right.”

“That’s not secretive, that’s privacy. Mark, please remove yourself from her” Jackson was pissed off at his best friend once again for being too ignorant at everything. Mark rolled his eyes at Jackson but did as said, before leaving YooJin alone at the locker room and left with his friends.

To say they became close was an overstatement. YooJin became close to Mark, yes, but Mark did not become close to YooJin. If there were love, it was all one sided. YooJin knew that Mark didn’t like her that way, but she thinks that she achieved triumph from the start because of the arranged marriage.

So why did Mark not try to distance himself from her? Of course Mark did, he tried too many times but to no avail, he was tired and gave up. She was like gum, difficult to remove. He didn’t put in effort to even reply her after that and just let her be. Mark would sometimes laugh at her silliness, not lovingly but her stupidity.

“what do you guys need?”

“Why so hostile, aren’t we brothers? Or because you only need Yoojin now?” BamBam shot back at Mark. He was very concern about SoAh, Mark didn’t know anything but his attitude was the worst. Confused at BamBam’s attitude, he ignores him.

“Hey chill, we are here to talk to him right.” Yugyeom whispered to BamBam but was overheard by Mark with the close distance.

“Talk to me about what?” He gave a pointed look at each and every one of his friend. They were pushing the responsibility of revealing the words to him. “What is it?”

“Mark, we will be honest to you then” as usual, JB said.

“You should. So what is it?” He asked impatiently

“We know the reason why SoAh broke up with you” This caught Mark’s full attention, he straightens up, putting his full attention on JB, waiting for him to continue.  “Why?” He raised both his eyebrows, eyes wide. 

“SoAh…she’s… She’s sick” JB forced the word out his throat. 

“Sick? Please elaborate JB”

JB elaborated and they explained how they knew it, Mark almost connected his fist to BamBam’s face for not telling him earlier if it wasn’t for the rest of GOT7 stopping him. He ran as fast as his legs could take him after JB finished telling him the whole story.

“Remember that hit from B.A.P? it caused her to suffer from TBI in the early stage which was discovered but not known by us. Only her brothers knew it, which was also probably why she found her nose bleeding often. She went for check up and found out that she was diagnosed with DAI. She didn’t tell BamBam too much details but from Jackson’s experience, he learnt that DAI was very severe and could cause death of the patient within half a year, or worse, vegetative state for the rest of their life.  So that was why she chose to broke up with you. So Mark, please, please just get her back. Please put down your useless ego and get her back. We all know how much you two need each other. Don’t let anger take over you, you will regret.”

“W-wait, There’s no cure to it?”

“Currently no, not in korea”

“That’s impossible, how can there be no cure at all”

“It does, only in the states.”

"and Mark hyung, that's what I wanted to discuss with you about too... I think maybe only you will be able to save her" BamBam said.

Mark went everywhere looking for SoAh. He ran past the locker room, past YooJin who called for him, but Mark was too oblivious to his surroundings. The only thing that matters to him now is SoAh. He ran to the back of the school but couldn’t find SoAh, he searched everywhere that she would most likely be at but found no sight of SoAh. He felt as if his world has collapsed, leaving only him standing, he’s been torn apart by the same girl twice. Once, he was torn by her, second, he was torn because of her. He was panicking, he needs to find her now. Any moment, he was afraid he would find her lying somewhere unknown by no one.

He promised her brothers before that he is going to take care of her, he didn’t do it, he didn’t talk to her, he didn’t persuade her to tell him, he didn’t do anything and let it be. Most importantly, he slapped her, he left her alone, he went to YooJin. It was wrong for him to find her now because in a few months’ time, he is going to marry YooJin, a girl that’s not her, what can he do if he were to get her back. His mind was in a mess.


SoAh was walking to school after bidding her brothers goodbye. Her brothers didn’t want her to go back to books until she gets her treatment because she seems too weak, and continue to get weaker Everyday. As stubborn as she is, she woke up early in the morning, packed her bag and lunch, and ran off after she finished her breakfast. Her brothers knew she would do that and just let her be if that’s what she really wants. They didn’t want to force her.

They have had talks. SoAh had told them to accept what it was. She could accept so why can’t they. She had long accepted her death and had already taken the photo she wanted to use for her wake which was scolded by her brothers. She had even tried to sit down and talk to them about what she wants for her wake. She wanted something simple. Her brothers weren’t even listening to her. They didn’t want to believe it was happening to her. She was getting weaker as days passed by.

“You are not going anywhere, you are not going to leave us” Said her brothers.

“Oppa, when the time comes, you still have to accept it. As long as you two are well, then everything will be okay.”

“Stop it Min SoAh, stop sprouting nonsense, I said you are not going anywhere. We are family, family doesn’t leave anyone out, so you are not going to throw us away”

SoAh could only sigh, she already accepted the fact that she can’t do anything about her health, so why are her brothers making it more difficult to accept. So what If she gets the treatment, they werent even sure if she will be able to wait until the operation. So why so much trouble for something that they weren't sure of? Because she isn't going to be the one left behind, because the ones left behind would hurt the most.


She was walking through the alleys and was on her earpieces. Taking her time strolling down the road towards school. It might be her last time walking this road, no one knows. She was humming to the tune playing on her playlist. She was late for class, but she gave no dam to it. She didn’t even know why she was attending school, probably just to see Mark every day.

Sometimes, I close my eyes and fall into the thought of you
You habitually imagine of that familiar image of me
Despite my clumsiness, you still like me no matter what
But do I deserve to be loved by you?

You who has always been waiting for me
You who embrace me with your arms
I won’t forget 
I will make you happy
like the ‘we are one’ word I’ve told you.

She stopped on her track, it was too nostalgic, those lyrics that remind her so much of him.

Although time passes, there is a word I cannot express,
sinking down in my heart.
‘I’m sorry’ ‘I love you’
asking you to believe in me like this time
I will hug you and hold your hands
If I am able to express my heart,
I will devote myself to you.

Will he still trust her if she were to come back to him? She had been thinking a lot about the treatment that she had rejected previously because of her brothers. Her mind was in a mess, what is she going to do. What’s right and what’s wrong. She don’t know. It was scary for her counting down to her own death. She was afraid even when she did not show. Part of her was starting to want the treatment but part of her was almost giving up on hope. It’s not 100% that the operation would be successful, she might even end up dying on the surgical table.

Her feeling overwhelmed her mind, she was feeling dizzy that she had to stop herself from walking. The phone she held on her hand slide off and collided with the hard concrete floor as she moves her hands up to her temple. Pressing it hard trying to ease the pain seems to not be working but instead, it hurts even more. Her surroundings seem to be spinning around, it was so painful that her tears was squeeze out of her tight shut eyes. She leaned on to the wall and allowed her body to fall to the ground as her legs were not able to carry her weight. She could already feel hot liquid pouring out of her nose, her ears were buzzing, her sights were blurred, she was panicking.

Noticing the phone that was previously on her hand, now the ground, she tried reaching for it. It was only a centi to her reach but it was that centi that she could not even move.

“Oppas” she cried, barely making any sound. She was afraid and she it was that moment that she realised, she was not ready to go, she wasn’t ready to let go, yet.

She tried hard keeping herself conscious, even when her eyes started to roll back, when her mind went blank, all she could think of, was Mark. She kept herself conscious by thinking of Mark. She missed him dearly.

“Mark…” She gave her hardest keeping conscious in hope of trying at least until someone notice her. Flashes of Mark and her memories flew through her mind like a movie clip. *Is my time up… is this how people felt when they are about to die. * Tears streamed down her face, non-stop. *that’s unfair, it’s not even 2 months yet. Are there really no one here, pleAse... please*

Her eyes are giving up on her, she felt painful, she felt tired, sweat was forming on her forehead. It wasn’t long before her illness overtook her and she fell unconscious. * Mark… forgive me, I’m sorry. *