20

Snowing in the summer

Entering his room, he sat on his desk chair while you didn’t dare to sit on anything, so you stood straight before him. He was looking at you as if saying what do you think you are doing?

“Sit” With just one word, you immediately sat down. You didn’t dare look at him too and had your head held low for the whole time.

“Aren’t you going to say anything young lady?”

You bit on your lips and said sorry to him in an almost whispering volume.

“Why are you saying sorry? I’m asking for explanation.”

You gulped. Your brother is really pissed thus time.

“I didn’t bring him home, he followed me home and then dad invited him in”

“Oh is it? He wouldn’t follow you home if you have waited for me”

“It slipped my mind that you would fetch me” You defended and looked at your brother with a frown, you somehow knew where is this conversation getting to.

“It slipped your mind? Wow.” He said in a sarcastic tone, “I waited for you in front of your school but you missed me and I came home finding someone I wanted to keep you away from in our house? Did you forget what he did to you. Now I’m sure you will choose him over us when anything happens in the future.”

“Please oppa, let’s not start this. You know family is the most important to me. I will never ever choose him over oppas. I’ve said this, dad invited him in, not me. Why are you so angry at me? I am sorry okay. Sorry for leaving you waiting for me at school, sorry for ruining the dinner... I just… too much had happened to day and I’ve forgotten about everything else.” You said desperately trying to calm him down with your eyes reddened.

“I’m trying so hard to be a good elder brother, I just want to make sure you’re safe, is that wrong? I want to keep you away from got7 because you’ve suffered so much thanks to them, don’t you understand? It doesn’t matter how long I wait for you as long as you are safe. Do you know how worried I am when everyone had left the school but you’re still not out yet? Until SeongJun called me and I felt instant relieve hearing that. Min So Ah,” Hearing him calling your name, your eyes immediately diverted to him, “I myself don’t even know why am I so angry at you. I’m sorry for being angry at you” He sighed, “but I just hope you know where I’m getting at, I just hope you would live like a normal teenage girl, I don’t want you to get bullied, and I want you to enjoy life, being happy, staying away from bad guys like Mark.”

You understood your brother and if you were to argue, you would’ve been no different from other spoilt brat. “I understand, oppa. Sorry for being so irresponsible and I’m sorry for ruining the dinner too.”

“Pabo” JunSeo ruffled your fringe and smiled, “And SeongJun, stop trying to eavesdrop on us, come in.” JunSeo caught SeongJun peeping from the slight opening of the door and ‘invited’ him in. He came in with a sheepish smile lingering on his face and sat on the bed, beside you.

“So you guys are okay now?” SeongJun asked carefully and you turned to Junseo.

“I guess so?” He replied.

The three of you had a small talk in the room, which you love it because they have been busy with their work that you haven’t had a siblings talk with them for long.


While on the other side, your father had asked Mark out to have a talk with him. Mark was feeling nervous. Mark never feel nervous, never. So why now? He was sure if you were here, you would laugh at him.

“So, Mark? Who are you?”

“Ye-eah? I am So Ah’s friend?”

“I meant the Mark my son knew of, not the Mark So Ah knew of”

That caught Mark off guard. The Mark Min brothers know? He didn’t know what to say. He wasn’t sure how would your father react if he were to say ‘bully’. He was biting his lip, struggling to think of any vocab that is useful at the moment.

“So... you’ve been bullying my daughter huh?” You dad replied before Mark could. Mark frantically blinked his eyes. He wanted to say no but that’s the fact. He did bully you.

“S-Sir…”

“Its okay, relax son, I guess it’s all in the past? When it comes to SoAh, the two brothers can never let their guards down. I’m glad at least without me, So Ah has 2 brothers to takecare of her but at the same time, they are too overly protective, and I hope you can understand them. I am supposed to be angry at you huh? But then again, if you want to befriend So Ah, please be nice to her. I haven’t really performed my job well as a father, so I hope So Ah won’t have to suffer. She’s my only daughter, I want the best for her but I’m a useless father.” Mark steal a look at him and raised a hand to pat on his arm.

“Abonim, you are not a useless father, I can see you love your children a lot, unlike my own father.” He mumbled the behind part but was caught by your dad.

“So do you like my daughter?” He tried to change the topic.

“h-huh?” Mark was again, caught off guard.

“The way I see you looking at SoAh, you don’t look like you’re a bully to her. That’s why I didn’t get work up because I saw how you behave at the door earlier.” Your dad gave a fatherly smile at Mark which made his heart warmed up, your dad felt that Mark was actually a very nice boy. He liked Mark the moment he saw him at the door because SoAh never get close with any boys except for her brothers, and that Mark has that courage to show up more than once in front of her brothers, he knew he would be able to get through them if he really like SoAh. He knew his sons well, they are really protective of their sister and they will never accept just any guy for SoAh.

“I’m sorry abonim” This caught the attention of your dad, “Sorry? What for, son?”

“I was so bad to So Ah before, I did so many bad things to her. It was only reasonable if SoAh and her brothers doesn’t want to accept me” Mark was sincere, he thought SoAh’s father was nice and he was starting to feel something towards you. He doesn’t know why he always want to care for you, he doesn’t know why he felt like he wants to get close and talk to you everytime he sees you, he doesn’t know why his heart would skip a beat whenever he talks to you. But now he knows, because your dad reminded him, he likes you. “I don’t deserve to be accepted.”

“Don’t worry son, I understand. Believe or not, I was like you when I was around your age. I picked on SoAh’s mother so much that she hates me more than SoAh hates you. But everything started with that bully, if it wasn’t for my friends, I wouldn’t even get to know SoAh’s mum. In anyway, I was thankful that I bullied her though it sounded wrong. So, if you like my daughter, go for it. As long as you can get over her two brothers, I will accept you too.” He patted Mark’s back and walked towards his house. Mark was in daze, he thought your father would reprimand him and give him a hard time but instead, it was the opposite. He stood rooted to the ground until your dad called him in.

As Mark and your dad enters the house, you and your brothers came out of their room. You met eyes with Mark, wondering if anything happened to him, he gave you a small smile. You turned away and walked to the couch and took a sit, after your brothers.

“So Mark, I heard you followed SoAh home?” JunSeo questioned with much hostility.

“Yeah I did” Mark was unfazed and replied JunSeo calmly. SeongJun sensed the thick tension in the air and he was uncomfortable with it.

“APPA!” he just did what he always did, being his silly self. He ran to dad, hugged him and shouted, which made you jumped, and JunSeo gave him a look for cutting him off. “I missed you so much” Different from the other 2 reactions he got, his father gave him a big smile and laughed.

“You sure have weird kids, appa” You playfully commented

“You meant you are weird too, sis?”


The next day, Joy stopped infront of you blocking your way at the gate while you were leaving the school which again, gathered everyones’ attention.

You raised your head and look directly into her eyes. You had no time for her , you had to head home and prepare dinner for your family. Classes ended slightly later today and you had to rush home. You didn’t want your brother to reach home and have to wait for dinner to be serve or they would just settle with instant noodle because they thought that you were busy and didn’t want to trouble you.

“Min So Ah, min so ah” she smirked and crossed her arms.

“What do you want, move it” Through all those times, you learned to stand up for yourself, of course, that excludes fist fight because you will definitely be at disadvantage, her father owns the school, which airhead would choose to stand by you. You’ve learned the hard truth, other than you yourself, nobody in the right mind would help you. Biting away all the bitterness feelings, you stood up for yourself, you have to stand up for yourself, because you can’t be weak, you didn’t want to be weak.

“What do I want?” She laughed, “I want you gone , I heard my brother went to your house last night huh?” this sentence caught people’s attention and they started murmuring. Because, why would The Mark go to your tiny little house. “I say Min So Ah, I’m sure you lured him into your house right you little ? How sad, he has no time for you because we will be going for school trip the whole of next week, do you even have the money to go?”

You rolled your eyes. So what if they are going for school trip. Ever since your mum passed away, you have never been interested in all these redundant stuffs that requires money. You thought money shouldn’t be wasted on these things. “Watch your words Joy Tuan and I am not interested in those trips you spoilt kids are hyped about”

You pushed passed Joy and return home. Leaving a fuming mad Joy. You really don’t get her, she was the one trying to make you look bad, but she will always ended up being the one whom is angry. You find it entertaining at the same time.