32

Snowing in the summer

The next day in school, SoAh met up with Got7 as usual. Mark seemed like he was stress out.

*Could it be because of that* SoAh thought. Honestly, she was kind of afraid, afraid that Mark would really tell her to break up, she don’t know if she can take that. They just got together. She was confident in their relationship, but it faltered when she saw him like that. They made promising confession in front of her brothers, there will be no going back for either of them if they were to break up.

“Mark, can we talk somewhere private?” SoAh told him while hugging his arms.

He agreed and brought her to the back of the school. Putting his jacket over her shoulder to keep her warm, she could only smile at how sweet he was, her heart melted, but part of her was afraid she was getting attached to these small actions that meant so much to her. She thought a lot the night before. If Mark were to really ask for the break up, she would accept it and respect his decision, but of course, she don’t want to hear it coming out from his mouth. She is loving him more and more Everyday..

“SoAh, I thought you have something to tell me? What is it? Why are you so quiet?”

“Mark, you know... I won’t want to put you in a difficult position, I don’t want to see you stress out, so if you are going to ask me to leave you, I will. If there’s anything, please don’t keep it to yourself, tell me.” She said while looking into his eyes sincerely.

“What are you talking about, SoAh?”

“Your mom, she came to me, she told me she asked you to break up with me” her voice came out soft.

“My mom?! Why would she- are you hurt? Did she say any nasty stuff to you? did she do anything to you?” Mark panicked and checked her, she can’t help but smile.

“No Mark, she didn’t, relax”

“That’s good then” Deep down, Mark knew his mom had surely said something nasty to her, she’s the person that won’t leave you unscarred. He was worried about SoAh but there was something more important to assure her than all of these.

“SoAh, listen to me carefully. Even if my mom disowns me for being with you, I am not going to leave you. unless you tell me you want to break up, I will never mention it. I promised that I am going to take good care of you. understand?” Mark held firmly onto her shoulder. “No matter what happened, I will not break up with you, because there’s no hardship tougher than me”

SoAh’s heart melted at that confession. “Thank you Mark”

“Let’s not let my mum stand in between us okay?I love you SoAh”

“I love you too Mark.” He kissed the crown of her head while she placed her head on his chest.

At the end of the day, she just hoped for whatever that happens in dramas should stay in it.


2 weeks went pass in a breeze, SoAh enjoyed working at the flower shop every day after school, and Mark enjoyed fetching SoAh home. BamBam had slowly let go of his feelings although he still loves her, he could at the very least, try ignore his feelings whenever he sees the couple. It wasn’t as hurt as before, as though he was used to it. Joy was nowhere in sight, Mark told SoAh that even he doesn’t know where she went, he didn’t see her at home and didn’t bother to ask which got scolded by SoAh. SoAh told him to care more about his sister. He needs to know the difference between spoiling and caring.

The couple were too sweet for Got7’s liking, rather than PDA, they display a different kind of sweetness. Such as sending SoAh to school every day. The single Mark would never walk to school, why would be when he has a luxurious car. But he gave that option up and walk SoAh to school as he knows that SoAh prefer a simple life rather than having expensive car driving her around. Who knows The Mark can be so devoted and gentle. Mark knew how much SoAh enjoyed Got7’s company thus he would rather spend time as a group though he wished they had more private time together. Got7 could see how Mark had changed drastically for the sake of SoAh.

As for school, they had long accustomed to the fact that the prince was dating the commoner, and got7 had warned them to stop all those gossiping of SoAh, so she didn’t have much trouble in school especially when Joy was out of sight which actually surprises her that no one was looking for her. SoAh always thought that Joy was the princess of this school, when she disappeared, they should be shock and sad about. But no, it was far from that, they were nonchalant about it. Even her followers, when Mark questioned them, they just said she mentioned that she was going out of town for a breather. Mark questioned his mom after that she too, said Joy mentioned she was off town, when asked where she went, she replied that she had no idea, and that Joy didn’t say anything about it. It worries Mark but at the same time, he was suspicious about it. How could his mom said she doesn’t know a thing, Joy was practically her precious baby among the three siblings. Since young, whatever Joy does, his mom would know everything, and whenever Joy was hurt, even if it’s just a small tiny cut, his mom would fuss over it all day.

So why would she not now?

“En ah! Get ready in an hour, we are leaving the house in an hour”

“Where are we going mom?”

“you will know when we reach there”


“Pumpkin! I need to get a present for someone, can you go with me?” SeongJun shyly asked SoAh while rubbing his neck. It was his off day today but sadly, JunSeo always gets a different off day as him. The three of them haven’t spent time together for a very long time except for times during the wake and when SoAh was hospitalised.

“OOOH oppa, is it pumpkin soup?” SoAh wiggled her eyebrows playfully and but got pulled on the nose by SeongJun.

“Yah, don’t sprout nonsense.”

“You didn’t even buy a present for me with so much thoughts of finding a female to help you choose a female gift for me but you want me to help you with getting a female’s present?” SoAh continue to brother

“Y..y…yah! I didn’t even say it’s for a female! It’s for a guy!” he defended weakly which made SoAh laughed.

“Alright then, since it’s for a guy, I won’t be able to do much help. I am going to visit big oppa!” SoAh wore her shoe and pretended to go but was pulled back on the shirt by SeongJun.

“Okay okay! It’s for her okay. Just help me”

“Alright let’s go”

“huh?”

“See! It’s that easy! You just have to ask”

He smiled, tucked his hand into his pocket and went out after her.

“Thank you pumpkin!” he followed up and walk beside her, ruffling her hair.

“Oppa! You should stop calling me pumpkin, she might get upset at you”

“No she won’t, even if she does, I don’t care because you are my only sister”


“Mom! I said I don’t need any blind dates, I already have a girlfriend!” Mark was angry after he realised that his mum had arranged this blind date with the daughter of the Kwon Corporations. They were at a posh café in Gangnam district waiting for them to arrive.

“Shush! You better not let them hear you, you know what your dad told me yesterday, he got a call from Joy and heard that it was your so called girlfriend that made her want to leave town and not attend school. You don’t know how angry was he if it wasn’t for me that calm him down, he might have already teared down that girl’s house. You better thank me and contact your sister once this ends and convince her to come back.”

Mark paused, *that Joy*, he didn’t say much because he knew if he were to defend SoAh now, his mom would only be angrier and really find SoAh again.

“They are here” His mom put on her smile once again and nudged Mark to stand up. Mark stood up with his cold expression, he was truly uninterested.

“Oh hi Mrs Tuan, nice to meet you again. this must be your son Mark? He grew up so well.” Mr Kwon reached out to pat Mark’s shoulder but Mark stepped away. Mrs Tuan laughed awkwardly, “Sorry Mr Kwon, Mark is like that. He’s just shy. Oh! That must be your daughter! She’s so pretty.”

“Yes, come here Dayul, this is Mrs Tuan, and that’s Mark.” Mr Kwon introduce in attempt for them to know each other but his daughter too, didn’t look too pleased. “I’m sorry Mrs Tuan, Dayul is shy too, she is not a very sociable kid, sorry for her behaviour”

“Oh no its alright Mr Kwon. That's what makes them compatible, isn't it?” His mom let out a fake laughter.

They then sat down together and had small talks, though most of the conversation only include the two elders. Mark and Dayul just sat there with blank face. Dayul did try talking to Mark but was ignored by him. He didn’t bother because he knew she was forced from her actions and all, so he didn’t initiate anything.

When both of their parents decided to leave and asked the two of them to shop around Gangnam and get to know each other. They had no choice but to obey.

“Mark Tuan, I know both you and I was forced into this, so let’s just make the best out of it and say our goodbye after today huh. I don’t like you, you don’t like me, but I guess you too, have something you want to protect, so just for today, we can have a date. Then at the end of the day, we can just say we don’t suite each other. You know your mom have eyes around” Mark took a look at his surrounding and indeed, he did found some suspicious man spying them. Dayul put out her hand for a handshake, and Mark took it. “Deal”


“Oppa! You take a look around here first! I am going to the shop over there” SoAh pointed to the street across. They were looking for Seongjun’s present as requested at Gangnam district because he said that he saw many advertisements on it which she finds it ridiculous. But whatever reason, she just followed her brother around, as long as he’s happy. She was kind of guilty that her brothers have never dated before and she thinks that it was partly because of her. So when she heard that SeongJun had someone in mind, she was more than willing to help.

SoAh was happily exploring around when she came across a shop that sells many different types of miniature food clay that she thought maybe SeongJun could get some pumpkin and DIY it into some Cinderella carriage, okay, not funny. It was just some thoughts, she knew how difficult and unpractical it was but she went in anyway because she thought it was cute. After looking around she came out of the shop. She was glancing around to see if SeongJun had caught up but to her surprise, she saw a familiar back view. She was trying to figure out if its him, but she was hoping it’s not because he was speaking to a girl, and he was smiling. Her heart dropped, when the person turned around, and it was indeed Mark. She remembered his mum said something about blind date which she tried to be understanding towards him. *Maybe it’s just a blind date, nothing more*

*Oh right! SeongJun oppa! *

She rushed back to the direction she came from, afraid her brother would see Mark and she knew what her brother will do, SoAh doesn’t like fights, especially when one is her boyfriend and another is her brother.

She ran over when she saw her brother walking towards her direction. She quickly pushed her brother to the opposite direction.

“Oppa, theres nothing much in that area, let’s go somewhere else”

“Oh? Alright”


After sometime, Mark actually find Dayul very easy going, they chatted with each other and they quite like each other as friend already. They both knew that Dayul’s father’s company was in need of investors thus they agreed to the arranged blind date in hope of getting investment from Mark’s father if the blind date is successful. Mark told Dayul not to worry and that he will try to talk to his father even if they are not going to marry each other.

Dayul was too hyper for Mark’s liking and Mark was too boring for Dayul’s liking. Dayul was those typical girls that likes to shop, talk about makeups and going out for tea break with friends while Mark likes none of that. He likes to hang out with Got7, he had Ex-girlfriends, but he had never experience those mentioned before. He usually just slack around their hide out and go home when it’s time, sometime, he doesn’t even go home and sleeps at the hide out. But now he found a new place to go, SoAh’s house.

Dayul got to know that Mark have a girlfriend currently and Mark knows that Dayul is courting some guy in her school. They were both chatting happily that Mark did not realise SoAh was staring at them. She was there at the wrong time wrong moment when Mark was smiling at Dayul talking about the guy she likes which made him think of SoAh.

“Are you thinking about your girlfriend Markie Mark” Dayul teased, poking his mark’s head with her finger.

“don’t call me that.” Mark swapped her hand away, “I was just thinking if she talks about me like you do”

“EWW” Dayul made a face jokingly before turning her heels and walk away.

“YAH!”


The next day, Mark went to school feeling light hearted that he finally got rid of the blind date, and that he can still be together with SoAh. He was happily skipping to SoAh’s gate when she just walked past him without saying anything.

“SoAh?” He ran up to her, but SoAh ignored him, “Babygirl? Are you upset? Why are you upset?” Mark kept poking SoAh cheeks which made her feel even more irritated. She felt irritated since yesterday after she saw that scene of him smiling with a girl. JunSeo thought SeongJun made her irritated and scolded him but SoAh just said she was on her period and wasn’t in the mood. It was worse when SoAh saw him feeling so relax and happy today, she was kind of jealous that it might be because of that girl yesterday.

“Stop it Mark”

Mark pulled SoAh’s arm making her stop walking, knowing that she was upset about something that he had done, he wiped his smile away. “Wait up SoAh, we are not going to school with you in this mood. Tell me what’s wrong, are you angry at me?” Mark took it as a yes when SoAh did not reply.

“What did I do that make you angry?” Mark cupped SoAh’s cheeks and make her look at him.

“I wasn’t supposed to be angry, I knew you were forced in to the blind date, but when I see how you were smiling to that girl, I can’t help but felt uncomfortable, why didn’t you tell me you had a blind date.”

“You were there yesterday? So that was it huh? Look SoAh, trust me, I don’t like that girl, neither does she like me. We knew how much the both of us hate this blind date thing, so we tried to make the best out of it and said our goodbyes yesterday. As to why I didn’t tell you,” Mark used him thumb to raise SoAh’s lip upwards, “because I knew you wouldn’t like it, I just want to end all of these quietly, and come back to that beautiful girl that actually belongs to me.”

SoAh pulled Mark’s hand down and held on to it because pulling him towards the direction of school. “Alright, I trust you Mark. But Mark, I just want to tell you that, I won’t be angry, but I just want to know when you have all these blind date thing, because I don’t want misunderstandings between us.”

Mark smiled while letting SoAh pulled him like a kid. “Alright, I promise I will” he laughed, "aww is my girlfriend jealous?"

“One more thing” Mark looked up to see a serious SoAh, and his smile turned upside down, “Don’t cut me off and listen to me.”

“What is it?” he asked

“If perhaps by any chance, I am saying ‘if’, you had fallen in love with anyone, be it your blind date or any girl – “

“SoAh you know I – “

“Don’t cut me off Mark. If you ever fall in love with another girl, don’t hesitate to tell me. Until that time, I will leave you willingly so you won’t have to be the middle person. Understand?”

“babygirl, I will nev – “

“Never is a strong word, just promise me you will tell me” SoAh stopped and focus on Mark.

“Alright, if that’s what you want. But it's not going to happen.” He insisted, gaining a look from SoAh.