16

Snowing in the summer

SeongJun have yet to even step in to the house and yet he was already rushing out with SoAh on his back, running down the road hoping to catch a cab, with wobbly hands, he dialled his brother's number and told him the situation.

Upon reaching the hospital, SoAh was rushed in to the emergency unit leaving the worried Seongjun outside the room. It was not long after SoAh was pushed in, Junseo came rushing in to the hospital. Their love and care for SoAh was undescribable. "SeongJun ah, how did this happened? Is she okay?"

"Hyung, i d-don't know, I've forgot to bring the house key and when SoAh came to open the door for me, her nose was bleeding non-stop, and then she- she f-fell unconscious" SeongJun was sobbing now, he was worried and anxious. He felt like his heart shattered the moment he saw his sister’s face. JunSeo patted his brother's shoulder, he too, was very worried for his little sister. Both of them couldn't stand still when SoAh is not out of the EU yet, they kept pacing around outside the room, as if sitting on a chair would kill them. The door to the EU opened and SoAh was pushed out, the two brothers rushed up to the movable bed that their sister were now lying on. Before they could follow further, Park Ji Sang, SoAh's doctor previously when she was hospitalised, came out and stopped the two brothers. They were told that he wanted to talk to them, and that they could visit SoAh later since she was still a sleep due to the anaesthetic injected.

"I'm sorry I have to see you two again in this situation but I need the two of you to be prepared with the next thing I'm going to tell you guys, and please promise me that you will continue to take care of your sister like how you did before. She is a very special patient to me, and those days when she was hospitalised, I had grown to like her as a sister too. So I hope-"

Junseo cut off Doctor Park. To be honest, Doctor Park had always taken time to visit SoAh whenever he has a break when SoAh was hospitalised. SoAh admired Doctor Park alot and they had many common topics to chat on, thus, Doctor Park was also very fond of her, as a sister of course. "You don't have to hope doctor Park, Thank you for being so nice to our sister, we've seen your effort and we really appreciate it. We will definitely takecare of our sister no matter what happen to her, you don't have to worry about that. Please do tell us what happened to her, why does her nose keep bleeding? It’s not the first time already. And I am sure that amount of blood flowing out it is not normal."

"SoAh, she- that blow on her head the previous time had caused her to suffer from Traumatic Brain Injury, in short, TBI. Although this injury is a very serious one, fortunately, it was mild for SoAh. However, I have to say we should not overlook this as seen from the past, the death rate from TBI is very high. Ofcourse, if patient is very well taken care of, she can get better. Even if it is mild, the effect on the family taking care of the patient and the patient themselves can be devasting, the patients get frustrated easily and moodswings. But looking at SoAh's personality, it might be easier for the two of you, because she can control her temper well. The tumour in her head and the excessive change in her mood stimulated the heavy blood flows. I will prepare the list of things that what SoAh should avoid and what you all should take note, you can visit her at the ward now, I will drop by in a bit." Doctor Park bowed respectfully and turned to leave, but not before looking at the two brother's expression. Who would've expected that their sister has to go through all this. They had tears in their eyes and they could not express how much sadness they had felt at the moment. Park Ji Sang took a deep breath before patting the two younger man.

"But I thought the results shown that everything was okay the previous time? why would this happen to her?"JunSeo asked, stopping Dr Park from leaving.

"We are sorry that we did not discover TBI in SoAh earlier, but in actual fact, for every TBI patient, no one could actually discover it in the first round of check-ups after the accident. The signs of TBI only appears after sometime, just like SoAh."

"Doctor Park, I hope you can keep this from SoAh first. I don't wish for her to know so early. She's too young to have to worry about it." JunSeo requested

"Oh my gosh SoAh, why would this happen to her" Tears rolled down SeongJun's face as he fixed his eyes on the ground.

"Yes, if that's what you wish to do. And one more thing. I know SoAh doesn't like to stay in the hospital, I will allow her to be discharged tonight after she had her drip and all the necessary injections but please, you had to be extra careful with her from now on" with that, Doctor Park left the two brothers.

"Hyung" SeongJun voice shaked as he called out, "I'm scared, what if anything happen to SoAh"

"Be positive Seong, I'm sure we can take very good care of her and she will definitely recover, right? Or are you going to give up now?" Junseo teased SeongJun, Truth to be told, JunSeo felt like crying after hearing the news of her precious sister, but because as the eldest, Junseo could not break down infront of SeongJun. He carried his heavy heart and led SeongJun to SoAh's ward. When they reached the ward, SoAh was already wide-awake smiling at them as they walk in, which made their heart shattered. Why would this thing happen on her sister, she is so kind, why not anyone else but their sister? She had risked her life to save someone but that’s what she got in return. They both thought, and they were furiously mad at GOT7 for bringing her sister in to this mess. They would run to them in that instant, but they didn't want to cause a scene and let SoAh know about her injury.

"Hi oppa" Breaking her brother's chain of thoughts.

"How are you feeling now SoAh? Does your head still hurt?"Junseo carefully rubbed her sister's head.

"I'm feeling better now, did Doctor Park say anything? Can I be discharged today?" she asked, eyes fulled with hopes.

"that’s what you’re worried about? Yeah pumpkin, he said you can be discharged tonight, he will be coming by later!" Seongjun replied, not looking into her eyes. He felt that looking into her hopeful eyes will rip his heart apart, he dare not do that.

"okay, yay. Finally going back to school tomorrow! No more hospital." SoAh was excited for school tomorrow, she had enough of hospital and bed, but unknowingly, her brothers gave each other a frown. They didn’t know if they can allow her to go to school tomorrow but on the other hand, they had promised her the previous week. JunSeo certainly did not want her to go to school.

"Erm SoAh, I don't think you should head to school so fast." Junseo spoke carefully watching her reaction.

"Why?" Her smile immediately turned in to a sad one. "but you said last week that I can start attend school this Monday."

"SoAh, you just fainted not long ago how would I allow you to go to school tomorrow?" SeongJun stayed quiet behind the two siblings. He didn’t know what to say, he was afraid he would say anything wrong or that his emotion would get better of him.

"But a promise is a promise Junseo oppa, I'm going to school tomorrow" SoAh stubbornly said.

"No, I am not letting you to attend school. You know how worried Seongjun and I were? Can't you think about us? Do you know how helplessly SeongJun cried when he came back home only to find you lying unconsciously in his arms the next moment? Do you know how he felt when you were in the emergency unit? We are worried about you SoAh, please understand us. As your eldest brother, i have the responsibility to takecare of you and i will not agree to you return to school untill you're fully recovered. that's final"

Hearing what JunSeo had just said, SoAh felt guilty. She apologised to her brothers, for worrying them. How can Junseo stay mad at her sister, he immediately softened and hugged her. "Alright, i will listen to you, return to school when i have recover."

"Doctor Park!" SoAh cheerfully greeted her doctor.

"Hi SoAh, feeling great you don't have to stay in the hospital?" Park Ji Sang smiled at SoAh, and ruffled her hair.

"Definitely, hospital is like a prison. I really hate being the one to be hospitalised."

Doctor Park was having his rest time but he chose to visit SoAh and he passed her brothers all the details on the sickness as promised before leaving. The Min siblings thanked him and SeongJun went to settle her discharge paperwork before helping SoAh to pack up.

Finally, as wished by SoAh, she had left the hospital. But sadly, she had to stay home 24/7 and was not allowed to leave without her brother's company. She was not happy about that but she knew that her brothers did this because they cared for her. She had no reason to stay angry, that would only make her no different from the other spoilt kids in her school.
 


"Why havent i see SoAh in school? I thought she had recovered and will be coming to school this week" Jackson asked, while eating his kimchi.

"Probably because she doesn't want to see you" JR joked but was hit on the head with chopsticks by Jackson. "How rude."

Mark was expecting SoAh to be in school today but he haven’t see her at the locker the whole morning. *Could it be that she's still sick? Aish whatever! She's got nothing to do with me why did i even care* He thought but he was affected the whole morning when he did not see her at the locker. He had used excuses to go to locker and see if she would appear, but she never did.

BamBam too, was greatly affected. Partly because he caused her to be injured and ofcourse because he had feelings for her. He was worried about SoAh, he was worried that she's avoiding them because he was being too forceful that day.

"BamBam, you know where Min SoAh lives? Shouldn't we visit her? Since we had owed her such a big time, its only polite if we visit her at her house after her discharge" JB said, breaking him from his thoughts.

BamBam eye widened and nodded his head furiously."YESYES!  I know where she stays! We can go to her place after school!"

All of the eyes shifted to him."DO YOU HAVE TO BE SO EXCITED" Youngjae threw a piece of rubbish at him, he awkwardly sat back down, scratching his head. "I was just saying"

Yugyeom could only laugh at his bestfriend's reaction. He finds it cute because BamBam had never behave this way before. No infront of anyone. Being the great observer, Yugyeom shifted his gaze to his other best friend. He knew something must be going on in his head. He somehow knew what it is but he could not comprehend it. He reminded himself mentally to keep observing.

"but wouldn't her brothers kill us?" Jackson recalled the day when JunSeo was furious and he shivered. "I really don't want to die in their hands"

"don't be dumb" JR mocked Jackson.

"We will be nice, talk to them nicely and maybe they will just let us visit her. I don't know, let's just try our luck" Jb told them.

"Okay! We will head to SoAh's house after school today then!"