37

Snowing in the summer

After forcing SoAh to eat, using her weakness to his advantage, he managed to make SoAh eat 1/3 of the food. He cleaned SoAh’s face with wet towels and tidied her room after tucking SoAh to bed. He helped her brothers to cleared the dishes in the sink as well before going back to her room to find her wide awake.

“SoAh… why aren’t you sleeping? You need more rest” SoAh just shook her head. BamBam sat her up and making her lean on to the stacked up pillows behind her. She seemed like she had lost all her energy to do anything. She felt weak.

“I know it’s hard, but can you at least tell me what happened? Please? You know how worried your brothers are? SoAh, you do everything for a reason, you don’t torture yourself because of the decision you make.”

Hearing his words, SoAh look at her thigh, and she thought about it.

“You’re right, that’s my decision.”

“So can you tell me what happened?”

“I… I broke up with Mark”

“What?! Why? Did he hurt you?! tell me, I will find him and beat him up for you!”

“no bambam, no” SoAh’s tears starts to fall again, “I hurt him bambam, I hurt him.” She wailed.

BamBam push SoAh towards his shoulder and patted her back. “Do you love him?”

“Of course I do”

“Then why did you do that?”

“Because I love him, I don’t want to burden him for life. Who am I to be with him.” SoAh kept mumbling. “What do I do? It’s so hurtful, no one ever tells me loving someone is so painful.” Tears came out of her eyes none stop.

“Its okay SoAh, its okay, cry. Don’t keep it to yourself. Im here, you can lean on me”

After SoAh calmed down, under Bambam’s constant coaxing, she finally spilled her condition. BamBam was shock, he couldn’t believe it. He wanted SoAh to tell her brother, SoAh said that she knows she have to tell but just didn’t find the right time to. BamBam was worried, he told SoAh to go one with treatment first. And that he would try his best to help her arrange the surgery as soon as possible. His eyes too, watered. SoAh is still so young, they just became close friends, they haven’t even spent enough time together yet. BamBam wanted to cry, but not in front of SoAh. His guilt was consuming him, even if SoAh didn’t mentioned, he knew it was because of him SoAh is like this, because she saved him.

“It’s not a bother SoAh, you are my friend, didn’t you want to be with hyung? Don’t you want to spend longer time together with your brother?  What about Got7?  You can’t be so selfish, you know how much all of us care for you.” BamBam couldn’t stop his tear from escaping his eyes.

“BamBam ah…” SoAh attempted to wipe his tears away but he moved away.

“If you’re going to leave then leave now! I can’t believe you. if today I was the one dating you, I might’ve been the one you are going to throw away, then no one would’ve know you are suffering from all those. Huh? You’re so cruel. How much must Mark hyung have hurt? Stop thinking about yourself, think about us too SoAh” BamBam stood up to leave but SoAh shouted.

“IF I DIDN’T THINK OF YOU GUYS, I WOULDN’T HAVE KEPT IT FROM ALL OF YOU. I WOULDN’T HAVE BROKE UP WITH MARK! I WOULD HAVE JUST BECOME A BURDEN TO ALL OF YOU. why can’t you understand… I shouldn’t even have told you…”

BamBam wasn’t even blaming SoAh, because his heart hurts so much he felt like he couldn’t breathe. 2 months, he thought, it was too short. Too short to say goodbye. He will never let SoAh go, he will try his way to let SoAh go overseas for treatment, even if SoAh doesn’t want to accept it. He was positive that he could help, because he got the money to do so, because he was the one that caused all these.

“SoAh…I’m sorry, I just… I just don’t want you to die so soon. You are not going to die. I am going to help you.”

“It’s no use”

“No, I will help you”


“How much did you pay her mom? How much did you pay her to leave me?” Mark staggered in to the house and swayed before grabbing his Mom by the shoulder, giving his Mom a shock.

“Oh my god Mark Tuan, what have you done?! Look at yourself!” She held tightly on to her son.

“Mom, why are you doing this to me?” He cried, “why, why did you make her leave, why did you?!!”

“What are you talking about Mark? Get back to your senses, how much did you drink! What will happen if your dad sees you in this state?” Mark slide down and sat of the floor.

“Do you know how much I love her, Mom? So what if Dad sees me, why would he care? I am just a disgrace to this house. No one cares, you guys only care about your image, your company! You just don’t want me to ruin this image that you and dad have been trying to keep.”

“Is this about that So Ah girl?” She asked, disbelieved. “You are behaving like this because of that worthless girl? Come back to your senses! Has she decided to leave you now? Finally?”

Mark stood up unsteadily and gave his Mom a hard glare before returning back to his room.


“wake up En!” Mark’s mum barged into his room early in the morning to wake him up but received a tired groan in return. She slapped her son’s thigh to wake him up.

“What mom!”

“Don’t ‘what’ me. Today is the day you will meet Sung’s daughter! Wake up now, wash up and meet me downstairs!” She nagged but he continues to sleep, turning out whatever his mom just said. “Yah Tuan Yi En! Are you going to be like this! Its only a worthless girl!”

Mark jolted up his bed immediately. “Stop it mom! she finally left me as you wish! So stop calling her names!” He walked pass his mom and went to the washroom to freshen himself up. His eyes were swollen, hair was messy, and he were having a hangover, he felt awful. The incident 2 days ago still freshly plastered in his mind, he had been drinking for the past 2 days and only returned home yesterday night after Jackson persuaded him to. He drank before returning home because he wasn't ready to face his family yet, but seemed like his mother doesn't even care.

“Ready to go?”

“Yeah yeah” Mark was irritated with his mum. It was fine until Joy decided to rub it in. He don’t even know why Joy is following them.

“I told you so, I told you she is a money er!” Joy couldn’t stop talking beside Mark, he was having a headache and yet the car ride was hell to him. His mom is not even stopping Joy.

“STOP IT JOY!” Joy stopped instantly and smirked.

“Chill bro”

“We’ve reached, Mark, Joy, better behave yourself in there.” His mom warned.

The daughter of the Sung’s reached first and was waiting for the arrival of Mark. As they got closer to the back view, it seemed familiar to Mark, too familiar.

“Hi, YooJin, where’s your parents?”

“Hello auntie, my dad will be here shortly, I came here first in case we are late”

“How nice of you, this is my son Mark, I am sure you still recognise him”

*What in the world…*

“YooJin? Sung YooJin? Daughter of Sung corporation was you?! Oh My Gosh unnie!” Joy rushed up to hug the said lady before side eyeing her brother. Looking at his bewildered face, Joy smirked.

“Say hi oppa! YooJin unnie is back!” Joy exclaimed excitedly.

Mark just coolly nodded his head, giving his mum a look for not telling him beforehand that it was that Sung YooJin they were talking about.

“Don’t give me that look, you didn’t ask”

Sung YooJin was their childhood friend who left Korea to study abroad, was now back, and is Mark’s blind date.

“Mark! It’s been long huh!” YooJin punched Mark’s arm lightly. “aye, smile! Still as cold as ever.”

“Why are you even back?” He asked which earned him a hit on the head.

“Don’t be rude Mark! Isn’t good that she’s back now? You guys have a crush on each other when you’re young, now that you are all grown up, you guys can get married”

“Mom! I am not going to marry her! It was long time ago that we have a crush on each other! Right yoo jin” YooJin was hurt but manage to keep herself compose.

“I still have a crush on you Mark”

“Whatever, I am leaving” Mark just walked away from the scene.

“I am sorry YooJin, I will talk to Mark again, please apologise to your dad, i will arrange another meeting with him again.”

“No problem auntie. But can I borrow Joy? I missed her so much.”

“Sure, no problem!”

“Mark Tuan you stand right there!  What’s with your attitude inside there!” His mother caught up with him outside the building

“You told me to go for blind date, I agreed! I went, but however I want to act is my problem!”

“Can’t you see how much of a money er that beggar girl is, can you just stop being so stubborn?! I am trying to help you so you won’t get hurt in the future!”

“CAN YOU JUST STOP BRINGING HER UP!” Mark’s face was red, tears filled his eyes, he sniffled, hurt flashed in his eyes.


The next day Mark decided to attend school. SoAh too, decided that she had skipped too many days.

She promised BamBam she will attend school, in return, she wants BamBam to keep her illness a secret. It was a dull morning for her without Mark walking her to school. She just has to get used to it.

“SoAh, you sure you want to attend school? Will you be okay? I mean… you will see him in school and all.” SeongJun asked, worried. BamBam had told them what happened to SoAh, they were angry but SoAh emphasized that she was the one that hurt Mark, not the other way round. BamBam skipped that part about her condition, because she said she wanted to talk to them herself.

They did question her but all she said was she didn’t feel the same anymore which she gained an earful from her two brothers. Even if she is their sister, they still couldn’t understand why she did that. She showed that she loved too much to do that to Mark, and it just wasn’t right for her to do that. She explained that she didn’t want to led him on, it will only hurt him. But all they saw was SoAh getting hurt.

“Yeah oppa, I will be okay, I can’t hide from him forever. Afterall, it was my decision” SoAh replied while wearing her shoe.

“Take care of yourself alright, I don’t know why you decided to break up with him, but I know you are hurt too. Come here” JunSeo hugged his sister, before letting her go to school.

“Our sister will be okay right?” SeongJun asked

“Of course, she’s a strong girl” JunSeo answered.