29

Snowing in the summer

“WHAT HAPPENED TO MY SISTER?! SeongJun came rushing in to the ward after receiving the call from JR. JunSeo was running late because his workplace is further from the hospital.

“She was unconscious for more than 4 hours before the school nurse decided to send her to the hospital. The doctor is still checking up on her.” JR transmitted the information clearly. He had contacted the other GOT7 members but left Mark out, he didn’t know why he did that but he thought it was the right thing to do. He was kind of pissed off at Mark for being so overly and blindly protective over Joy. He thought Mark hasn't learned his lesson yet for being overly protective over his sister.

“SeongJun, you should calm down-“

“THE PERSON LYING UNCONSCIOUS IS MY SISTER! MY ONLY SISTER! HOW AM I SUPPOSE TO CALM DOWN!” SeongJun couldn’t control his temper upon seeing his sister suffer.

After a moment later, he had cooled down slightly under JB’s comfort. They were told that they can visit SoAh but the three of them chose to sit outside the ward for a little, to calm themself down first. SeongJun sighed deeply, “You know...we were told she can’t be unconscious, she cannot take any blow, she might… she…” SeongJun could not continue, he was crying, normally JunSeo would be here to assure him, but he is not, currently. JR gave a small pat on his back, “She… might not be able to wake up again” JR’s face went rigid, he didn’t know SoAh’s condition was this bad. He, including GOT7 thought that SoAh had fully recover.

“SeongJun! What happened?” JunSeo came running towards the two of them. His face was full of sweat, and he seems very exhausted.

“Hyung…I don’t know, I received a call and I came right here.”

JunSeo then turn his attention to the guy beside his brother, “What happened?”

“Hyung, I saw her at the locker hallway, I think something happened between her and Mark, I brought her to the canteen to have a drink and her nose started bleeding, the next thing I know, she fainted” JR wanted to help Mark but now is not the time when he knew how serious SoAh’s sickness was.

“Mark” JunSeo muttered under his breathe. “Stay here with SeongJun, I will visit SoAh first” receiving a nod from JR, JunSeo left his brother and went in to SoAh’s ward. Dr Park was just standing beside SoAh, looking at her.

Both of them bowed in courtesy upon seeing each other.

“How is SoAh?”

“Her vital is back to normal but her condition is still very serious. I am afraid her TBI seem to have worsen. JunSeo-ssi, let’s just hope that SoAh wakes up today before her condition worsen.”

“Are there really no cure?”

“I have prescribed medicine for her, the rest depends on her. Like I’ve said before, never let her experience any blow, nor negative emotions, these might cause her head to hurt. Always make her happy, laughter is always the cure to any sickness. Make sure she doesn’t tire herself out. Did anything happened recently that you know might have caused her to faint?”

“Our dad… passed away recently, and she had been crying herself to sleep. She is getting better so we thought she was coping well.”

“I am sorry for your lost JunSeo ssi that must’ve been difficult for the three of you. Well, that might be the reason that has caused her condition to worsen.” Park Ji Sang took a look at his watch before leaving a comforting pat on JunSeo’s shoulder, “I have to be at my workplace, don’t be discouraged, she will be awake soon. I will be back later.” he left after receiving a nod from JunSeo in return. He sighed, he felt sorry for the three of them to suffer so much at such young age.

“Hyung, they came to visit SoAh” SeongJun said softly at the door. JunSeo turned his heard to find the rest of the GOT7 standing at the door. JunSeo stood up, and went out without saying anything. Looking at his brother’s swollen eyes, SeongJun knew that he had cried. He was aware that his older brother always put up a strong exterior so that his younger siblings have someone to rely on. He knew that his older brother has time when he was not strong, when he would need someone to rely on too but he always acted strong in front of them. This time, SeongJun is going to be the one his brother can rely on. He knew he had been too much of a baby for too long.

He left GOT7 in the room and went out to where JunSeo was and sat down beside him. Watching his brother sitting on the floor instead of the chair at the corner, covering his face with his palm, he knew that he was crying and didn’t want him to see, his heart broke. He in his tears and went forward to his brother.

“Hyung, cry all you want. Cry everything out that you had wanted to since day one. Sorry for being a weak brother, that you always have to look after, even when you always have to put on a strong front because I couldn’t handle anything. Just this once, let me be the brother you can rely on.” He took JunSeo’s head and pushed towards his shoulder, he could hear his cries got harder, and his heart hurt a lot, a lot.

“Seong… SoAh…” 


While the two brothers were outside, GOT7, except Mark, were inside with SoAh. They could see how pale she was, lying on the bed, no movement was found.

“What happened to her?” BamBam asked keeping his gaze at her.

“I am not very sure of the details but I saw Mark leaving angrily with Joy before I found SoAh.” JR spoke and went on telling them what SeongJun had told him earlier which made them lost for words.

“Have you contacted him?” Everyone knew who youngjae was talking about.

“No, I don’t know if I should.”

Yugyeom went forward to BamBam and side hugged him, comforting him.

To say BamBam was worried was an understatement. He was heartbroken, he was afraid, he was afraid that every negative thoughts he felt his heart would explode anything and shatter into pieces if anything were to happen to SoAh.

“Are her brothers okay?” JB asked, and JR just shook his head.

Jackson walked towards SoAh, he was full of seriousness, no hint of joke like he usually was. He her head gently.

“Min SoAh, what had happened to you? You don’t just come in our life and leave like that. Do you hear me? Wake up now. And we will find Mark and talk to him.” None of them had seen Jackson so serious before which reminded them how SoAh had grew to have such big impact on them. Although she hadn’t done much except for the BamBam incident, they had spent a lot of time with her to realise how beautiful of a person she is. How admirably independent she was and how she lit up their life with her character and personality. They grew to like her a lot.

They saw how vulnerable she was when her dad passed away, and they want to protect her more. They knew how much her brothers meant to her and how much she meant to her brothers, which made their heart swell, because none of them had a happy family. Partly because SoAh was the one that helped one of them, and partly because it was her.

They took turns to talk to SoAh before JB decided it was time for the brothers to spend time with her. They left the ward to see the scene that made their nose sour. JB took the initiative and step up to the brothers, “hyung, you should stay by SoAh side now, we will stay here for a bit more, if there’s anything you need, we will be outside.” SeongJun look up and nodded before pulling his brother up. He hasn’t seen his brother cried before, even when their dad and mom passed away, all they saw was him staring into space from time to time, he never cries in front of him. He directed JunSeo to the ward and made him sit beside the bed before going out to GOT7.

“Thank you for visiting my sister.”

“No problem, she is our friend, you don’t have to thank us.” Like a leader would, JB replied. “She will get well, she will wake up and return to the bright lady we all knew. She will”

“Get Mark’s here, I can see SoAh really likes him a lot, I need explanation from him and maybe…just maybe SoAh will wake up with his presence.”

BamBam’s face fell when he heard that but tried not to be too obvious.

“Alright, we will try. We will get going first then, if you need anything, please tell us. And if SoAh wakes up, please inform any of us” SeongJun nodded his head lifelessly.


“MARK TUAN!” JB yelled when they entered their hide out. They went to his house but the maid said he is at home.

“MARK TUAN YI EN, WHERE ARE YOU?” JB roared, which scares the rest of s, he had never been so worked up before. It was because of SoAh, probably because he saw how the depressed the Min brothers were. Putting SoAh aside, JB and JR often visited the two brothers ever since their dad passed away. Although at the beginning, they were very defensive and hostile towards them because firstly, they bullied SoAh, secondly, SoAh got hurt because of them, and thirdly, they came from rich families. The Min brothers have never had a good impression of rich kids, they always think that they are spoilt, and arrogant. JB and JR didn’t give up and kept visiting them, as a form of repaying SoAh for saving BamBam. They had seen how they had lived. How close they were to each other. When JB and JR had questions on their work, JunSeo would help them. When JB and JR had problems with anything for the past weeks, they would talk to the Min brothers and they felt as if they had known each other for long. They felt as if they had two more older brothers. Although they were SoAh’s older brother and it seems as if they were older by a lot but no, JunSeo was only 1 year older than them, and SeongJun was born in the same year as most of them. How can they be so much more mature in the mind than them?

Unknowingly, SoAh had already become their sister. Thus, they started to care for her, in substitute of her brothers when they are not around.

“Wae? I’m here” Mark popped up from the sofa, obviously just woke up from his nap.

“You had the mood to sleep huh,” JB grabbed on to Mark’s collar, others tried to stop him but was angrily pushed away, “if anyone were to stop me, will have to take a blow from me too.”

“What the hell is your problem Im JaeBum” Mark glared directly into JB’s eyes, not backing out. Feeling ridiculed that he hadn’t done anything wrong, waking up to JB’s nonsense.

“What is my problem? What about you? Can you stop being so blind and side your sister in whatever she does?”

“ She has already complained to you huh? No wonder Joy said she’s trying to get on all of our good side, so that we will all stand behind her. If this is about SoAh, then don’t waste your breathe. I saw it with my own eyes JB, we’ve all been tricked, Min SoAh, got the guts to hurt Joy.”

“Have you seen it!?”

“I did, with my own eyes." He snorted, "Here I was getting all mesmerised by her but I finally understood everything that Joy had told me"

“So you are back to trusting your sister? Whatever you see might not be true, we all know what kind of person SoAh is. And you were not there in time to stop Joy from slapping SoAh”

“What are you talking about?”

JR stepped in and pulled JB away, standing in front of Mark. “That’s you Mark. You only judge based on what you see. Always blindly siding your sister. That’s why she is like what she is today. I don’t know what happened between them, but I can see that Joy obviously slapped SoAh first, hard.”

“but that doesn’t give her a reason to push my sister. Joy told me what happened, she-”

“WHAT DID SHE SAY? Just because she’s your sister, that doesn’t give her the authority to slap SoAh, in front of everyone else, throwing money at her, insulting her. That’s what we’ve been doing last time, don’t you remember? You still believe your sister? Do you know what happened to SoAh? You don’t, because you don’t bother. Now I know why she doesn’t like rich kids like us, why she doesn’t trust us. But she trusted you. You Mark, but what she gets in return? You turning your back on her. You didn’t listen to her and judged her, you didn’t trust her and left. YOU WONT EVEN CARE WHEN SHE FAINTED RIGHT! YOU DON’T DESERVE HER MARK, EVEN IF SHE WERE TO DIE NOW, YOU WON’T CARE RIGHT.” JR had his eye wide in fury.

Mark was confused. *SoAh fainted? * his mind was in a mess. He doesn’t know who to trust, and what were s talking about now. Did he unconsciously sided Joy blindly like he used to? He was confused, what was the truth and what was the lie. Even when he was in love with SoAh, Joy was still his sister. He knew how high the possibility of Joy hurting SoAh was, he didn’t thought about it in the first place, Which was what disappointed himself as well as s.

“Are you still going to stand there? Are you that jerk that even when she fainted, you are not going to visit her?” even Jackson spoke up.

JR signed before he told Mark to get prepared, and that he is sending him to the hospital. On the way there, he told him about SoAh’s condition as well as convincing him that SoAh did not start the fight with Joy. His sullen mood did not gave him the escape to JR’s nag.