21

Snowing in the summer

“Hyung! Did you really go to SoAh’s house yesterday?!” BamBam ran in to the lounge hurriedly and plopped down beside Mark to question him which gained the other members’ attention.

“WHAT?! YOU WENT TO SOAH’S HOUSE?!” once again, the loud hailer Jackson exclaimed and clung onto Mark’s arm, like Bambam, he plopped down beside him as well.

“Quieten down will you Wang Jackson! And get away from me” Mark replied in English and trying to wiggle out of Jackson’s grab. While BamBam was still waiting patiently for the answer at the other side of Mark. Mark being Mark just ignored him.

“So is it true Mark? That you went to that girl’s house?” JB prompted.

“Yeah its true, what’s the big deal” Mark spoke as if visited your house was a normal thing for him, okay maybe for him is normal but its new to Got7. What’s the big deal? The Mark who had problems getting along with people other than Joy and Got7, the Mark who seemed like he hated you at first, the one whom is so against BamBam making friends with you, only people whom is not in the right mind would find him visiting your house a norm. His friends were all stunned by his words and action. “What the hell guys? It’s just her house, we all went there together before right”

BamBam felt uneasy about this whole visiting thing, he didn’t like it.

He likes you and he knows it himself. He was afraid because he can see that Mark is starting to get interested in you. What if best friends like the same girl? He didn’t want to think about it. It’s definitely isn’t going to end well. He definitely didn’t want Mark to have any thought of being interested in you. He was afraid Mark would play with your feelings.

He doesn’t deserve you. BamBam thought, he didn’t like the thoughts he is having now. Mark is his friend, how could he think badly of him. But then again, Mark bullied you before, Mark he… STOP. BamBam didn’t want to think about this anymore, he hopes his thoughts doesn’t come out of his head, into Mark’s ear, he certainly wouldn’t want this to affect their friendship.

“We just find it weird, you hated her, and you bullied her, why the sudden interest?” Youngjae asked, making the other 5 turn towards Mark, anticipating his answer. They somehow knew why Mark is concerned with SoAh lately.

“Seriously guys, leave me alone will you, I’m not being concerned, I’m just playing with her” Mark said effortlessly as if it doesn’t bother him one bit.

“Hyung,” BamBam called out in a soft voice, “Please don’t play with SoAh’s feeling, she’s still a girl, she’s a human being. Not just anyone you can play with.”

Mark knew BamBam likes SoAh, and Mark minds. He doesn’t want BamBam to like her, in fact, he doesn’t want anyone to like SoAh except for him and only him. What Mark doesn’t know was that the words he said left a big impact on BamBam, play, no, BamBam will not let Mark play with SoAh’s feelings.


“Hey SoAh!” BamBam patted your left shoulder making you turn your head to your left but he appeared on your right instead.

“Yes BamBam?” you gave him the most monotone reply, if that’s even possible. “You’re no fun SoAh” He threw you a bottle of banana milk and you swiftly caught it.

“Thanks” You told him you love banana milk once and you were happy he actually remembered it. He remembered every little details you’ve mentioned, you just didn’t know.

Unknown to you, BamBam was afraid that Mark would get to you first before him, so he rushed out immediately after class ended, he was glad you were alone, without Mark.

“Let me walk you home?” Rather than telling you, BamBam was asking you for permission. Which you find it weird because whenever Mark was around, he didn’t get any permission to do anything, he just went his way.

“Whatever Bam” You we're slowly feeling comfortable around BamBam, though he was older than you, by a few months, you felt like he was younger than you by a few years. He looks younger than his age and he behaves like a younger brother to you. He does take care of you, but his aegyo was really irresistible.

The short walk was peaceful with BamBam around. The two of you caught up with most of the things you had done during those days you haven’t met BamBam. Though it was only yesterday when you just met up with him, you guys haven’t really had a proper conversation about life with each other. You didn’t know why but unconsciously, you’ve started to trust him. You don’t go around telling people about your life and such, but with BamBam, everything just came out naturally. It was… nice, you guess? To have a friend you can actually share your thoughts with. Someone whom you’ve been longing for. You haven’t had friends in a long time, like close friends, or friends whom you interact with every single day. You wouldn’t call your classmates your friends, they are just your acquaintance if you insisted on having any relationship with them. No friends would talk behind your back and laugh at you, thus, you’ve never considered them your friends. You watched dramas, and in those dramas, between female friends, they would always go shopping together, going over each other’s house to have a stay over etc, you just can’t imagine yourself doing that, which was kind of sad in your brother’s eyes. They didn’t know you didn’t have any friends in school until they got caught in the incidence with got7. That was also when your brother thought they know more about you.

The two of you arrived at your house and BamBam bade goodbye to you, not before he actually kissed your cheeks which left you speechless and red faced. You were utterly shock.

BamBam knew Mark likes you and he didn’t want him to get you, he decided to make his move first. And after that kiss, he ran off shyly without looking back.


Returning back home, you held your pink cheeks with your palm, and that kiss kept replaying in your head. Why the hell did BamBam do that? You somehow knew but you didn’t want to admit because you knew you couldn’t return his feelings at the moment.

“So Ah, you sick?” SeongJun came out of his room upon hearing the door open.

“I’m not sick oppa, why? You’re home early today” you tried to hid your emotions.

“Its just because your face is really red” His words made you blushed deeper, and you felt conscious when he touched your cheeks.

You quickly brushed away his hand and told him it was because the weather is hot.

“Are you sure? Its autumn now.”

“The world is different now, it’s changing and you know, global warming.”

“Yeah right SoAh, whatever makes you happy, as long as you’re okay” Your brother walks away towards the kitchen not suspecting any thing.


That night after dinner, JunSeo volunteered to clear the dishes while you went back to your room to study. As for SeongJun, he stayed in the living room to watch drama.

After an hour or so, you got thirsty and decided to get some water from the kitchen. Opening your door, you heard your brothers’ voice. Their voices sounded different, which was why you were standing behind your door and did not come out. They sounded serious, dead serious.

“This is not the matter of whether our job can feed us anymore. It’s dad Seong, what about those fees? What about him? It’s not going to work out with our minimum pay. I’m worried about dad. We can’t just leave him there alone. How are we going to tell SoAh?” you heard your older brother said.

Why are they so serious? Tell me about what? Is there… anything wrong? Did anything happen to dad? You hope not. You were curious and confused.