11

Snowing in the summer

"Help! Anyone nearby please..." BamBam used all the strength he had left to sit up straight and lean on the the wall, while holding your head to his lap from his stomach gently. You were losing too much blood now and he was panicking. His hands were shaking from both pain and panic. Shouting for help at this timing was useless, no one is walking on the street now, what more his shout was almost inaudible. He fumbled for his phone to call for help but it was out off battery. He was helplessly pleading for help from someone, looking at all direction hoping to find someone who could give them a hand. 

His tears came down unstoppable, he was loosing hope. As if God heard his cries, your phone rang, BamBam heard and immediately dug into your pocket to retrieve your phone. Seongjunnie oppa- The contact that popped up on your screen.

"Pumpkin! Where-" The person on the line said

"Please help me, please help us. Please..."BamBam couldn't think of anything to say. He cried out his barely audible sentence.

SeongJun took a double take at him phone to make sure that he had dialled the correct number. When he saw that he got the correct contact number, he rosed his phone back up to his ear with uncertainty and a hint of nervousness that something bad had happened to his one and only little sister. "I'm sorry, is this Min So Ah's phone?" He calmed himself down before speaking.

"Yes.. down the crossroad... save us... so ah" BamBam said breathlessly with much effort to convey the message as clearly as possible before he passed out.

"Hello? HELLO?" Seongjun stared at his phone for a few moment before coming back to his senses.

"hyung.... Hyung! HYUNG, JUNSEO HYUNG! I THINK SOMETHING MIGHT HAVE HAPPENED TO SOAH" SeongJun ran to Junseo's room as fast as he could to tell his brother about their sister. He pounded on the door like a machine gun.

"What?! how?!" Junseo came out of the room.

"So ah, i think she's in trouble, hyung we have to hurry, we have to find her."

"Okay relax Seong, relax, now, get your coat, and we will head out to find So Ah okay, Tell me what did you manage to hear from the speaker?" Junseo was very worried and afraid that something might happen to you but as a big brother, he tried to play calm, at least to not make SeongJun even more nervous that he is now.

"I heard something like down the crossroad, and he was asking for help, then the line went off"

After getting their coat, they ran out, following the route that SoAh take to and fro school.

"Hyung, is that ... could that be SoAh?" seongjun asked pointing to the 2 person lying on the cold, hard ground.

"Let's go!" wth full speed, they sprint over.

"OH MY GOD" SeongJun gasped when he saw you unconscious with your bloodstained head, he moved your head from bambam's lap to his chest "Dongsaeng-ah! SoAh ya! SOAH! MIN SOAH!" he tightened his hug, trying to wake you up with all his effort, but you were motionless.

Junseo too, kneeled down beside his brother, trying to wake you up. He shifted his gaze to BamBam who was badly injured too.

"Seongjun" he patted his brother's back in comfort, "Come on, calm down and bring them to the hospital first." Junseo's expression was beyond worried, but he instructed SeongJun to carry their sister and he carried the unconscious BamBam.


Outside the surgery room,

"Don't worry dongsaeng, nothing will happen to SoAh, she's a strong girl remember?" Junseo Comforted SeongJun but he doubted his own words when he saw the patches of blood on Seongjun. He swallowed hard.

"Hyung" SeongJun sobbed, " What if.. what if.."

"shh.. there is no what ifs, she will be okay." The two brothers shared a brotherly hugged, comforting each other, it breaks their heart to see their sister in this state. Their tears slipped down as they stared at the door desperately waiting for their sister to be out.


After what seemed like hours, the lights went off signalling the end of the surgery, SeongJun and Junseo immediately ran to the doctor that came out.

"She had blood clot in her head which was successfully removed, the surgery went well but she definitely has to stay in the hospital for further observations. For now, we are not sure when will she be conscious. Even though the blood clot has been removed, her head was injured badly. We will now send her to the intensive care ward 04-31D, you can wait for her there." the doctor said.

"Thank you" was what the brothers managed to squeeze out of their throat. They moved lifelessly to the ward to wait for SoAh to be pushed in.

On their way there, they saw a group of boys running pass them. They could clearly recognise them because both of them encountered them before. Their eyes were burning with fury. If it wasn't for Junseo's quick reflect, Seongjun would have ran to pick up a fight with Got7. They assumed it was their fault when they saw BamBam.

"Leave them alone for now Seong ah, SoAh is our priority right now."


Hearing the news of BamBam being hospitalised, Got7 rushed out of their gathering room, they drove to the hospital immediately.

Upon reaching the hospital, JB took the lead and ran to the service counter to check for BamBam's ward. *04-46A*

After getting the information, without further ado, they went straight to the ward without realising the two men staring at them.

"Yah Bam! are you -?" JB asked immediately after bursting in to the room but stopped when he saw the maknae lying on the bed with so many bruises on his face and limps, unconscious. Got7 then moved in one by one after him, surrounding BamBam. Mark too, were very worried. To say they were just a group of best friends were too underestimating their relationship, they were beyond brothers, they genuinely care for each other like family. They knew each other since young, when they had their own family problems, they would seek for each other and they make sure they will be there for each other. Sure they have fights among each other but they can't stay mad at each other for long. They always cause troubles, they fought with other people, but never did they see their members getting beaten up so badly before.

Seeing their maknae not waking up, they sat around and waited patiently. Only Yugyeom walk forward and take a good look at BamBam.

"BamBam, wake up soon alright, Mark hyung never meant what he said about having you to leave Got7, so you have to come back to us okay." After finishing his sentence he took a look at Mark before signalling him to come. Mark stood up without hesitation and moved towards BamBam. Yugyeom moved away to give Mark space.

"BamBam ah, i'm sorry. If you wake up, although i am not very happy with it, I won't object you from befriending Min So Ah okay, just" he took in a deep breathe, "Just wake up."

"yeah Bam, i will let you eat my chicken, and i will treat you to your favourite ddokbokki okay" jackson promised.

"Sorry Bam, we should've been with you, then all these wouldn’t have happened." JB looked down, feeling sorry. He had always been the big brother in Got7, the leader Got7 listens to, he's wise and he always take care of Got7. To him, all their wellbeing has already become his responsibility, therefore, he felt really sorry to see BamBam at this state.

"It must be BAP! If i happen to see them, i will definitely give them the punch!" Jackson punched the air, "kick!"  kicked, and swirled animatedly.

"We can't confirm if its them until he wakes up" Said Youngjae ever so wisely that made Jackson roll his eyes.


Over at the other room of the hospital, the atmosphere was rather tense and sad. Unlike BamBam, SoAh's room was struck with solemn mood of her brothers. They could not be loud as they did not want to disturb other patients which added on to the heavy atmosphere. They both took a sit beside their sister, one at each side, carefully not touching those tubes that is poking through her skin. She looks pale, with bandage wrapping around her small head. Since she was only hit on the head, her other body parts is perfectly fine.

Seongjun kept sighing that made Junseo frustrated.

"Yah Min SeongJun, stop it right now. No wonder SoAh doesn't want to wake up, you're being irritating right now"

"Hyung... did you call dad?" SeongJun glanced at JunSeo carefully.

"Yeah i did, he said he will take emergency leave to visit SoAh, he's probably on the way right now." He took a good look at SoAh and his sister's head gently.

"Pumpkin ah, I've got so many things to tell you tonight, I was waiting for you to get home but..." he paused, " but it’s okay! You have to wake up soon to listen to my crap okay!" He tried to brighten up the atmosphere but he himself got even more sad instead. Junseo didn't know how to cheer his brother up, to assure him that their sister will be okay would be a lie. She was hit hard on the head, how would she be okay. Junseo knew better than that, it was anything but okay in the intensive care unit.


Hearing the rugged sound of bedsheet, JB immediately ran to BamBam, to find him half awake.

"Its great that you're finally awake." JB gave him a relieved smile. Mark who did not fell asleep like the other 5, walked up to BamBam after hearing JB.

"Hyung, where am i?"

"Hospital" Mark replied shortly. BamBam attempted to sit up but groaned in pain, Mark immediately helped him up which made BamBam grin, JB too, gave him a hand. "Yah, aren’t you injured, what is there to smile about?" Said Mark, JB glanced between them and smiled before walking to the sofa to give them space.

"Mark hyung,"

"why?"

"are you still angry with me?" , *please say no * BamBam pleaded in his mind.

"When am i even angry" Mark said before hitting BamBam's head making him groan. He just couldn’t put his ego down, thats Mark Tuan for you.

BamBam was still chatting happily with Mark while the others was still sleeping. As if something knocked his head, he suddenly remembered something which made is expression changed 360.

"Are you hurt anywhere BamBam?!" Mark panicked at his sudden change of behaviour, " I can get the doctor" when he’s about the stand up, BamBam stopped him.

"No, hyung, I’m alright. But .. but...." BamBam frantically got off his bed, waking the other members up. He was walking towards the door but got caught by JR.

"What's wrong BamBam?!" the whole Got7 was very worried.

"So Ah! MIN SOAH! "

"What is it about her again Bam?! are you gonna see her in this state!?" Jackson exclaimed. "Stop thinking about her okay. You and mark hyu-"

"NO JACKSON HYUNG! YOU DONT UNDERSTAND, SHE WAS... SHE TOOKED A BLOW FROM YONGGUK FOR ME!" BamBam shouted. Which surprised Got7. Mostly Mark. *So Ah?!*

"What did you say? are you sure you're okay Bam? we need to get you checked" Jackson pulled BamBam towards his bed but got swung away. "I remembered! I'm not dreaming! I remember clearly she dropped on me after YongGuk swung that bat that was supposed to be aiming for my head!" He was getting agitated now. To them, they don't know whether to believe in his words because they hadn't been at the scene and saying SoAh took the hit for him was not totally ridiculous at all, it might be possible.

"Okay BamBam, cool down, stay here and I will go and check with the nurses okay." JB said before marking his words and left the ward to check at the counter.


Still staring at their precious little sister, they got a shock when a voice suddenly breaks through the pin drop silent,

"OH MY LITTLE ONE, " An older male of age 56 came running in to the ward, directly towards SoAh.

"Appa" the two brothers called out as they stood up. "What happened to her?" He asked calmly while his daughter's head with worried plastered on his haggard face.

"We are not too sure appa, we reached the road to find her unconscious, but the doctor said she's okay, she will be awake later." JunSeo, as a big brother, answered their father. Although his words seems like a big promise, he did not want his father to be too worried. He's already in his fifties, and he had work to stress about, money to stress for, he didn't want to add on to his stress. No matter how much he didn’t want to inform his about SoAh's injury, he had to because he is their father. He has the rights to know.

After taking enough time and talking to her daughter, even though he received no replies, he turned to look at his 2 sons.

"Seong ah, Seo ah, sorry i haven't been a good appa to the 3 of you. I have to work every day because I couldn't afford to give the three of you anything. Now that So Ah is in hospital, I feel really awful."

"No appa, don't say that, you have been a great father, really. You’ve sacrifice too much for us haven't you realise that? you spent your day and night working without rest to earn money for us, but if you really feel bad, can you please stop working? and pass this responsibility to me?" JunSeo said

"Junseo ah, I know you want to take on this responsibility for me but, I haven't been doing much for you guys. Now that I can still take up the responsibility, I want to continue this way. Like all other dads, I want to give my children a good life." He placed a hand on JunSeo and let out a sigh when his phone rang, "I have to go back to work now, so please, inform me when SoAh wakes up okay. Until then, take care of her."

"Appa, i haven’t say this but, thank you for everything" Seongjun hugged his father. Making Mr Min smiled. How long had he last hugged his child? How long has he spoken to his child? He can't even count it.