25

Snowing in the summer

Waking up to the white ceiling, you found yourself at a familiar surroundings.

“You’re awake!” Mark’s excited voice make you turn your gaze to him. You didn’t know if you’ve dreamt about your dad or did it really happen. You were confused.

“Mark”

“Yeah?”

“Mark”

“Yeah SoAh?”

“Was I … perhaps… dreaming? My dad is still… still alive right?”

Mark was caught off guard by your unexpected question.

“Erm, So Ah, I’m sorry”


During the funeral, you returned back to your old self. You brothers was worried sick about you but you chose to ignore it. You told yourself not to do that but you couldn’t help it, you just didn't feel like you had the strength to open your mouth. Mark tried talking to you throughout. Even the whole GOT7 came but you didn’t even greet them. Bambam came by your side and kneeled down with you, he talked to you the whole time but all you could do was stare into daze.

Deep down inside, Mark wanted to pull BamBam away, he wanted to be the one beside you. BamBam knew how Mark felt but didnt say anything, both of them didn’t want to do anything that would affect you. They gave you space and gave each other time.

While BamBam and you were kneeling down, greeting people who came to pay their last respect to your dad, Got7 was helping out at the dining hall, while you brothers walked towards the two of you.

“BamBam, you can rest, we will take over now. So Ah you too.” JunSeo said. BamBam nodded and stood up, holding on to your shoulder helping you up but you didn’t move an inch. “Min So Ah, you have been here since morning, go get some rest” JunSeo’s words was ignored by you. “BamBam you go ahead first, we will talk to her” SeongJun told BamBam.

JunSeo and SeongJun kneeled down on each side of you. While you were just looking into space.

“SoAh, I know you are sad, I am too, hyung too. You are not the only child of dad, we are his children too, we are your brothers, you know how worried we are? You know hyung cares for you the most, more than anything else. Please think for him for a moment, stop being so stubborn, you are not the only one suffering.”

“SeongJun” Junseo sighed. He felt so bad after the words you said to him at the hospital. Even when SeongJun kept assuring him that it wasn’t his fault but he thought otherwise.

“What hyung? We all know how much you have been through for us, she has to know, she cannot stay like this forever.”

“SeongJun, give her some time.” JunSeo up till now, was still the thoughtful brother which made you felt worse. You seemed like you were oblivious to your surroundings, but actually, your ears were opened up to their conversation. You wanted to scream, you wanted to tell seongjun that you understand but nothing came out of your mouth. You don’t want to cry anymore, you were afraid if you open your mouth, you will start crying, so you rather keep silent.

“Give me a moment with her okay SeongJun?” SeongJun nodded and left the two of you while he went back to tend the visitors.

JunSeo gave you a good look before adjusting his position to a more comfortable one.

“Look SoAh, I am sorry okay. I am sorry for not telling you appa’s condition earlier, I am sorry for not giving you enough time with dad. Please just…” he choked, You peered at your brother and realised he was crying, something you hadn’t seen before.

“Please just, please don’t return back to your old self. Please talk to us, if you don’t want to talk to me, it’s alright, talk to Seong, or BamBam or Mark, or even the rest of GOT7, just don’t keep it to yourself. I don’t wa-“JunSeo words was cut off by a hand reached over to wipe his tears.

You small hand wiped his tears off while your own tears rolled down your pale cheeks. It hurts you to see your brother cry. Your hand retreated and fixed your gaze back to your dad’s photo after wiping.

You took in a deep breathe before standing up and walked towards your maknae oppa. You pulled his sleeves and he looked at you. You gaze didn’t matched his and you nodded your head towards your older brother, signalling him to take over you.

He gave you a slight smile before ruffling your head and walked over to JunSeo. You sat down alone at the corner table and lied your head on it. You didn’t realise you were so tired until now. You shut your eyes and rest for a bit when you realised a presence in front of you but you chose to ignore it and continue resting.

The person then stood up and you could hear him returning after a few minute, placing a cup in front of you. You lifted your head and look at the person.

“Drink this, you haven’t slept for days and you didn’t eat well, at least drink this to replenish the vitamins you needed.” Mark pushed you the cup of drink which you have no idea what it was but you still drank it. Watching you drink, the corner of Mark’s lip lifted up. You placed the cup back on the table when you finished. Mark took the cup from you and walked off. Your gaze followed him as he went to dispose the cup before returning.

You spoke the unexpected which caught Mark off guard, “Mark, I am tired… can I borrow your shoulder?”

Without hesitation, Mark moved to your side and pushed your head towards his shoulder. The two of you stayed in the same position with silence embracing the two of you. You brothers saw the scene and smiled a little, at least you were resting, at least, there is someone there for you, at least now they know you won’t be the SoAh you were when your mom passed away. While BamBam on the other hand, was jealous, he saw the two of you in that position and he left. Yugyeom followed after him.


“Yah Bam!” hearing his name, BamBam stopped his steps. Yugyeom walked up to him and placed his hands on his shoulder. “You know SoAh is upset”

“I know…that’s why I left”

Yugyeom gave a questioning look.

“because I know she will be even more upset if I were to do something. It’s painful hyung, it hurts to see that I am not the one SoAh looks for when she is sad” Yugyeom stood in front of BamBam, looking at his pearl like tears drop down from his eyes broke yugyeom’s heart. Both of them are his friends, he didn’t want anyone to be hurt. He likes you as a friend, he wants you to be happy too, but if your happiness were to be the cause of his friend’s heartache, he will never accept that.

“Bam, can I ask you one question?” receiving a nod, he continue, “if SoAh and Mark hyung were to get together, will you give them your blessing even if it means you are going to be hurt, or do you wish that they will never ever get together?”

Taking in a deep breathe, bam bam gave yugyeom’s question a deep thought before answering.

“Honestly, it’s not fine, and will never be fine. But, I want SoAh to be happy, if Mark hyung is who she really want to be with, then I will try to be fine. And to be very honest, I hope they will never ever get together but then again, I just hope she will be happy.”

“You are a really nice kid bam” Yugyeom gave bambam a light hit on his head and then pulled him into head lock. “Even I am touched, let’s go back and help SoAh”

Listening to what bambam had just said, yugyeom’s thought of breaking you and Mark apart disappeared. He was proud of BamBam, he was sure he grew mature after meeting you, and for sure, he was thankful. He had never seen his hyung and dongsaeng that serious and mature before.


The rest of the GOT7 came by and sat at the table.

“I have never been so tired before” Jackson complained which in return, he got a slap on the lap by JB. “Ow hyung!”

“Yah, quieten down” Mark half whispered half shouted at them. You fidget on his shoulder and rubbed your eyes. You looked up at them.

“So Ah ya, do you want us to send you home to rest?” JR asked. You shook your head and stood up. Mark followed your figure and looking at you worriedly. “You guys want to head home first? I will stay here with her” Mark suggested and JB agreed to his suggestions and they stood up to go home.

On the way out, they met yugyeom and Bambam who had just returned. “Where are y’all going?”

“We are going home first. We will come back tomorrow, you guys want to go home together?”

“then who will stay here with SoAh?”

“Mark hyung will” The answer made BamBam’s heart tighten, he swallowed the lump in his throat and reluctantly nodded to JB’s suggestions of heading home first.


“Oppa, I’ve rested like what you want me to do, I will stay here now, you guys can go and rest.” You said in a soft voice.

“SeongJun you go ahead and rest first, I will stay here with her for a little while first” SeongJun gave a slight nod to his brother and headed towards the resting area.

“SoAh, you feeling okay?”

“Yeah” there was a moment of silence after your reply.

“oppa… I’m sorry. Sorry for blaming you when it’s not your fault. I was just…” You let out the breath you’ve been holding in and hot tears surrounded your eyes again. You held it in but it didn’t seem to work.

“It’s alright SoAh, I understand.” Your brother patted your shoulder. You hugged your brother’s arm in return and hid your face behind his back and let your tears flow out freely. He looked at you and his tears rolled down too. He pulled you out from his back and hugged you tightly.

“I’m sorry oppa, I’m sorry. i’ve lost mom and dad, I don’t want to lose any of you anymore. SeongJun oppa too. Please don’t leave me”

“Pabo, why will we leave you, pabo”

Watching the two of you from far away, SeongJun and Mark smiled at the sight.

*Appa will be pleased when he see this sight.* SeongJun thought sadly.