36

Snowing in the summer

After walking away from SoAh, Mark’s tears couldn’t stop flowing, he was hurt too. He didn’t know why he slapped her because it was out of his control, his temper got over him. He was shocked too.

*Why did she do this, I know she’s hurt too, why* He was so heartbroken to all those words that she said to him but he couldn’t do anything, he covered his eyes with his arm, and laid back on his car seat and let his sorrow eat him up.

Using his long sleeves, he wiped his remaining tears away and drove to the club got7 always go to. To drink his sorrow away.

Arriving at the club, he dived straight to the bar to get the alcohol he craved to drown his emotion and heartache away. He’s tears could not stop flowing. Hatred were beginning to form when he thought back to what SoAh have said, although part of him knew that she was lying.

An hours passed but Mark was already drunk. He held out his index finger signalling the bartender to get him another bottle of Whisky. The bartender looked at him wearily before taking out his phone to dial one of Mark’s friend which happened to be Jackson.

Mark was making a scene so the bartender had no choice but to give him the alcohol. Fortunately, Jackson arrived in no time, he pulled away the bottle that Mark was holding to his lips.

“What the happened to you Mark Tuan?!” Jackson exclaimed.

“OOOOOOOOOH Wang Jaaack *burp* JaackSooooon” Mark slurred out his words before attempting to reach out for the alcohol which Jackson gave back to the bartender asking him to get rid of it.

“Come back to your ing senses” Jackson held on to Mark’s arm, “What’s wrong? what made you like this?” Jackson had something, or rather someone in mind that could make Mark this way. He haven’t seen his friend so happy for a very long period of time until he got together with SoAh, nothing could make him upset during that whole period. So other than SoAh, he couldn’t think of anything that could make him this way.

“ALL GIRLS ARE ES, THEY ARE ALL MONEY ER. MY MUM, JOY, SOAH, ALL OF THEM. ALL OF THEM ARE THE SAME” Mark shouted, causing everyone to look his way.

“So I am right, it’s her huh” Jackson took in a deep breath before giving his friend a hard punch which caused him to fell unconscious. He held on to Mark, took out his wallet and put a fill notes on the bar before dragging his friend out.

Jackson was piggybacking Mark. Although he was the loudest and most playful one in the group, he was also the most reliable brother to Mark. They had known each other longer as compared to the others, Jackson knew Mark the best. Only Jackson knew how Mark felt about his family, how he had to endure all those expectations of him which he can’t fulfil. Jackson once felt pity for Mark but he realized Mark doesn’t need his pity, Mark only need someone who’s willing to stay by his side, comfort him, giving him a pair of listening ears, and Jackson willingly took up that role.

Arriving at his car, he pushed Mark inside the passenger seat and enter the car from the driver side. He took a good look at Mark and heaved a sigh and drive off to their hide out. *What to do with him*


“SoAh? I’m BamBam, could you open the door for me?” BamBam spoke with a gentle voice.

JunSeo had called him over knowing he was someone their sister actually trusts other than them. They didn’t call Mark because they somehow knew that it was because of him. Knowing SoAh, calling Mark would only make it worse though they didn’t know what happen between the two of them.

She has been locking herself in the room for the whole day without any food Nor water. Her brothers were dead worried about her, but she just wouldn’t open the door. They tried opening with spare keys but SoAh blocked in front of the door. Forcefully opening up the door would only hurt her, and only caused her to cry louder. In the end, they gave up but they still talk to her outside the door at night hoping that she would give in. She appreciates having brothers like them, but she just didn’t want to face anyone for now.

Although she needed a listening ear badly at the moment, SoAh didn’t want her brothers to see her in this state, tears stained face, pale lips and bloodshot eyes.

“BamBam?” Junseo called out with his cracked voice, obviously tired.

“Yes hyung?”

“This is the key to SoAh’s room” Junseo held out the key hung on his index finger, “although we tried asking her to open, but failed, I still hope you will give it a try before using the keys. She might need you more than us. I know she needs someone to talk to. She's always like this, she doesn't want Us to see her sad. Seongjun and I will leave for work first. We’ve missed yesterday and we can’t miss today too. For now, I hope you can keep her accompany, talk to her, and please, try your hardest to persuade her out. She hasn’t eaten and drank anything for the whole day. Her body won't be able to handle it. I am glad you are here. Honestly, her health condition hasn’t been very good. She’s my only sister” Junseo wiped his tears away before continuing, “I cannot afford to lose her”

“If it was Mark, I will never forgive him.” SeongJun whom was leaning on to the door spoke up.

“Yes hyung, I will try my best.” BamBam simply replied and grabbed the key from JunSeo. Once again, he couldn’t put down the weight of leaving her behind like this, Junseo kept glancing at your room door before he completely left the house to work, pulling SeongJun who’ve been sitting outside his sister’s room since morning after JunSeo forced him to wash up for work.

Finding Mark crossed their mind a lot of times but they were too busy trying to get SoAh out and neither of them wants to leave SoAh.

Their bosses had called them that morning to warn them about their tardiness and skipping of work. That’s their last chance if they still want to keep their position. Reluctantly, JunSeo had no choice but to call someone over and take care of SoAh and BamBam came to his mind. He didn’t want to leave but thinking of those bills that had to be taken care of, and money they needed, he couldn’t afford to lose that job especially when he doesn’t have a cert to get him any job easily. He didn’t force SeongJun, but he gave him a choice, SeongJun chose to go back to work although he hated leaving SoAh.

BamBam tried knocking at the door a few more times, trying to persuade SoAh to come out before he decided to open the door with the key given to him. He was being very cautious, afraid of hitting her with the door.

The first thing that appeared in front of his eyes was SoAh sitting beside her bed on the floor, hugging her knees with her head tilting towards the bed. He calmly walked over to her. Seeing her like this still broke his heart. He is still in love with her.

“What happened to the both of you? I didn’t give you up to Mark to see this. Wake up Min So Ah, what are you doing to yourself.” BamBam caught her arms and tried to pulling her into standing position but she refused. “You need to wash up, freshen up yourself, have a bite and we will have a talk after that, okay?”

Receiving not response, he carried her in bridal style, which caused her to wiggle in his arms with little effort. Carrying her towards the door, something at the corner of the floor caught his attention. What surprises him was that he saw the pile of tissues, stained with blood filled up the corner. He then realised how pale the girl in his arms looked. Immediately, he carried her back to her bed. He put her in to sitting position and squatted down in front of her. She stared blankly at him with her puffed eyes. SoAh had no more tears to cry. Since the day she came back, she woke up, and cried herself to sleep and woke up after a few hours later with tears stained face and the routine repeats. She didn’t have any strength to do anything. Putting not having any intake of food a side, breaking up with Mark had a bigger impact on her, mentally and physically. She felt like she’ve lost a part of herself, it was draining her out. Like the weight of the whole world is on her shoulder, she felt guilty for lying to Mark, she wanted Mark back but she told herself that she can’t be so selfish.

“Sorry Mark, I’m so sorry. I’m sorry, I’m sorry” She kept crying out the same sentence over and over again. BamBam was confused but just hugged her tightly.


Mark haven’t gone home yet. He didn’t want to face his family because he thought it was partly their fault. He was angry, furious, raging, heartbroken. He still couldn’t understand why SoAh did that. He was confident to say that they were in love.

YoungJae and Jackson whom frequent the hideout the most saw him and did talk to him but he refuses to say anything.

Jackson was so worried about his friend that he had packed his things that night and stayed by Mark’s side. The rest did call to ask why they didn’t attend school, youngjae and Jackson covered up by saying they were lazy, it was normal for them not coming school so the others did not really find anything weird about it. It was coincidental that they never visit the hide out for the past 2 days.

“Are you ready to tell me what happen?” Jackson questioned for the umpteenth times.

“Yah bastard, I have been brother enough to stay here with you for the past 2 days and you’re still going to be like this? Aren’t you going to tell me what happen?” Mark just ignored Jackson and continue sleeping.

Jackson strolled away to the washroom and came out with a bucket of water, he poured it over Mark which made the said guy jolted up from his sleeping position.

“WHAT THE WANG JACKSON”

“What the ? Seriously, now? Come back to your sense before I start throwing juices on you instead of just water.”

“What do you want?” Mark was irritated.

“Tell me what happen. Tell me so I can help. Stop suffering yourself. Please. Its hard for me to see you like this, buddy.” Jackson’s crestfallen face made Mark furrowed his eyebrows.

“SoAh…” Jackson waited patiently for Mark to continue, he knew he needed time, “She…she…we” Mark’s lip trembled, and he let out a sob, “We broke up”

Jackson was shocked although he expected something like this had happened.

“W-why, I thought you guys were good. The day before that day, you two were still smiling and sitting by each other happily.”

“I thought we were good too, but I guess SoAh doesn’t think that way” Mark mumbled, barely whispering, “Maybe my mum had given her too much stress. She said she couldn't take it anymore... She told me she never loved me, she said she dated me because of money.”

“She said that?!” Jackson was once again taken aback by what Mark had said. “Why we haven’t heard from you two that you mum was pestering you guys”

“She didn’t want to mention it, we thought it was our own problems so we didn’t tell you guys.”

“what am I supposed to do now Jackson?” Mark cried, first in Jackson’s lifetime did he saw Mark cry. “I – I don’t want to lose her. I need her but… but I can’t help but hate her. How could she. How could she play with my feelings? But part of me still believe that she's lying”  Jackson gave Mark a brotherly hug, patting the back of his head.

“Don’t worry, I trust SoAh. She’s not that type of women. If she is, I would help you destroy her” Jackson said dangerously.

“No, I will destroy her myself”