Ch. 8

««Delivery • Girl • Park • Sun • Mi!»»

Dumping her bike in the front of the house, she quietly crept into the house, and headed up the stairs when the lights flicked on. "And where were you?" Sun Mi bit her lip, looking down, now that she was caught. "Ahma! I got stuck in the rain." Her mother walked over to her, yanking on Sun Mi's ear, and dragging her up the stairs. "Rain, ah? You don't have a phone? And whose clothes are these?" Suddenly, her mother released her when they reached the top of the stairs, and pressed her hands to her cheeks. "Sun Mi-- are you visiting your boyfriend?" "Bwo?!" "You are! No wonder you were out so late; but listen." she said, wrapping her arm around her daughter's shoulders. "Don't always be out so late; you seem much more modest. Fast girls are out all night." Sun Mi's face turned beet red. "B-but that's not what happened!" "Yah~ Don't lie to me; and listen to my advice." she scolded, wagging her finger, before raising an eyebrow. "Is he cute?" Sun Mi rolled her eyes, and threw up her hands. "I'm done." she said turning around, heading to her room. "yah! Where are you going? Answer my question!" her mother yelled behind her. Sun Mi, inside her room, said flatly, "I'm punishing myself." before shutting the door tightly, and heading off to sleep. "Aish, what am I worrying about? Of course he's cute; Sun Mi you have your mother's good taste."

The next morning, she rolled over in her bed; deepening her face in her pillow when her phone rang, waking her up suddenly, and making her fall out of bed. Groaning, she sleepily grasped for her phone. "Yeobosayo.." she muttered, climbing back under her covers. "Are you really sleeping now?! Let's go, you lazy girl.." "Ani...I have the day off." "Like hell. Get your down here!" "Boss!" she exclaimed, before lowering her voice to a whisper. "I can't." she feigned a cough. "I'm sick." There was a silence over the phone. "Aish... with such short staff today; I'll have to take it out of your pay." Sun Mi bolted upright. "Sick?" she laughed nervously. "You didn't let me finish. I... was going to say I'm sick of school; and I am ready to work my hardest at Choi Delivery!" His voice was flat and sarcastic. "Yeah; I'm sure." He hung up, leaving her to groan, and board her moped. Zooming down the street, she stopped at a red light, when a bunch of guys across the street began to bother her. "Hey! Chicken girl!" She growled under her breath, staring straight ahead. Receiving that they were being ignored, they grew louder. "Choi girl! Oi!" Strapping her helmet on tighter, she peekd at the neverchanging light, pressing the horn and regretting she did. "CHOOOIII DELIVERYY!! Dun Dun Dundundun DUN DUN!" it rang out, and she could do nothig but lay her head on the handlebars, as the boys laugh. "Hey hey! What sound does a chicken make?" one boy asked. "Dun Dun DunDunDun Dun DUn!" another repleid, with louder laughing. Another car pulled up next to her, and out of the corner of her eye, she saw Jongmin sitting in it, staring straight ahead, as if this couldn't get worse. He looked over at her, eyes wide, as he rolled down the window. "We have the same work route?!" he exclaimed. Sun Mi stuck out her tongue at him, and revved the engine; "I don't want your clothes, ahjussi." she said, driving ahead. Jongmin leaned out the widnow, shaking his fist. "Yah! I'm not that old! And what clothes are you talking about?! G-Get back here!" he shouted, driving after her, but she saw him following, and turned into a swerve of alleys, too small for a car.