ch. 27

««Delivery • Girl • Park • Sun • Mi!»»

 

"She's bipolar, she's crazy!" Jongmin exclaimed, as he drove his brother home. "yeh yeh..." Yongmin said, droning him out. "She is! You know she chased me out of a store, with a broom?! All those stories about that crazy chick... that was her! How can you hang out with someone like that?" "Because she's not crazy to me; I think its just you. You have a tendency to do that to people." "Whatever, man. Just be careful." ~

Since Saturday, she couldn't help but think about her meeting with Jongmin; no way that was the same guy, Jongmin was so cool and nice, ever since that glittering night at the birthday party... she was so lost. And the biggest thing tearing at her was, they looked so alike, she had an itching feeling that, that, when Yongmin acted strange, was that Jongmin? "Hey Sun Mi!" she heard a femal voice exclaim, pulling her out of her thoughts. "Ah?" she said softly. Raina carried a box in her hands. "Can I eat with you?" she asked, perkily. Sun Mi gave her a stare, then reached into her bag, and pulled out her lunchbox. Raina scraped over a chair, and opened her box, pushing apart the vegetable. "I have never liked these." Leaning over, she saw a silent Sun Mi boredly picking up her lunch, while checking text messages. "Oh! Yours looks so good; want to switch?" she asked. Sun Mi sighed, put down her phone, and glanced at Raina's lunch. "No. Go make your own." she said, picking up a piece of lobster. Raina looked at her strangely. "Make mine? I bought mine. The 150000 won lunches downstairs, which set did you buy?" Sun Mi stared at her dumbly. "Can you not hear? I...made...mine." Raina was silent, and after a while smiled. " Do you think you could teach me to cook so well one day? You could even come over to my house--" "What do you want, Raina?" Sun Mi said, again, giving intimidating stares. Raina sighed softly, tapping her finger lightly. "I-- I wanted to apologize for the joke the other day." Sun Mi chuckled, disbelievingly. "Joke? Mean prank." "yeh...." "Well, go on." Raina looked up, confused. "Wha?" Sun Mi looked at her, squinting slightly. "Well? You said you wanted to apologize, but I haven't gotten it yet." "I'm sorry." Raina said quietly. "What?" "I'm sorry!" Raina exclaimed. Sun Mi paused to chew her lunch, before asking, "Raina, do you think you're better than me?" There was silence. "Did you think your prank was so funny, to let me know that I don't fit in with you? I don't fit in with you, I know. Why do you have to remind me. Did you ever even notice me?" Slamming her fist on the desk, she gritted her teeth. "Did you know... I sat with you every...day... last year, and you never NEVER once talked to me, and truly meant it? So.." Sun Mi stood up, lunchbox in hand, looking down at Raina. "Now you know how I felt. So, forgive me if I can't directly accept your apology." She walked past her, when she paused, and her heel, "Oh, and Raina?" Raina looked up from the ground, eyes wide, as Sun Mi smiled. "I'm not going to ask you again to not talk to me."

 

Jongmin sipped from the coffee cup, as he turned the newspaper. Suddenly, his table was rushed, and he didn't even flinch. "You know if you spill my coffee, we're going to have an issue." Yongmin grinned. "Sorry, but I am so excited! A month off of work? How can you not be happy?" Jongmin pulled the cup slowly away from his lips, and straightened his paper. "I don't know why you are so happy, you don't do that much; I've never seen you in the office." "I am a much better homeworker." "Yeah." "Waitress!" Yongmin called. "Get the cappicino; its really good here." Yongmin gave a disgusted look, and said, "Ew. You know I don't drink coffee." Jongmin sighed, and folded up his paper, setting down his paper, "Will you forever be a little kid?" Yongmin didn't pay attention, he was focused on the mascot across the street, handing out balloons. "Do you think the people who have those jobs really hate them?" "I would." Jon snorted. ~

After school, Sun Mi biked over to school; the good news about breaking that ugly pink monstrocity? She wasn't a traffic hazard? The bad news? Choi was furious, and he made her pay for repairs with her own money. Sun Mi almost had a heart attack, almost her whole paycheck. No money for shopping or anything, and the thought of her tuition made her chest tighten. Sun Mi took up extra jobs, babysitting, and even working at Choi's Chicken, as a mascot. "Do I have to?" she whined, holding the fuzzy head under her arm.  "Yah! You want the job, don't you? Stop arguing." Slowly, she put on the head, and waddled down the street, clad in a chicken suit, which, was better to breathe out of in, balloons in hand. "I hate this." she repeated, panting, and sweating, down the street. She was growing impatient, and after about an hour, she was practically dragging herself down the street. "Water..." she groaned, seeing a cafe. She was about to throw down her costume, and walk in, when she saw Yongmin and Jongmin sitting in front, casually talking. Eyes wide, she hid behind a tree, looking over occasionally. Suddenly, she froze. "Why am I--" Standing up, she casually walked up and down the street, then back around, practically circling the cafe. Crossing the street, she walked backwards, "I have to see." she said softly to herself, as people around her seemed amused by her actions. Sun Mi flapped her arms irradically, and ran in circles, jumping up and down, all the while getting closer to the twins. Yongmin seemed amused, smiling and waving, while Jongmin looked up once, and said "Go away." Yongmin frowned. "Yah! Don't be so mean! The chicken is having fun." "The chicken is stupid." Sun Mi snarled quietly inside the head; this man was such a jerk! Waving goodbye, she couldn't stand it anymore, and practically threw the helmet off once she was inside, when she bought a water. Gulping it down, she heard an amused voice say, "I thought you don't sell chicken." Sun Mi's eyes widened, as she slowly turned around. "I don't-- usually. Its a side job." she said, trying to figure out who it was, Jongmin, or Yongmin. "How could you tell it was me?" she asked softly, wringing her hands. He scoffed. "It wasn't hard; you don't seem to be too bright, I saw your dumb chicken suit hide behind the tree." Jongmin. "and since I'm not truly convinced you aren't insane, you followed us here in a chicken suit, you stalker." he said, finishing his sentence. Something rose in Sun Mi, she exclaimed, tightening her fists. "I did not!" she cried, although it wasn't too far from the truth, but what could she say? That she waited for them, to overhear their conversation? She wasn't helping her case too much. "So then, what are you doing here?" he asked, a smug grin that just tore her to pieces. "I was just selling chicken!" she exclaimed furiously; her life was too coincedental. Poking him in the chest with her pointed finger in the suit, she pouted, "Hey. Maybe you're the one following me, eh, ahjussi?" Scoffing, he pushed her hand away. "Don't kid yourself. And I'm not that old!" Shrugging, Sun Mi turned away. "What does it matter what I tell you anyway? You aren't that importnat, ahjussi. So stop putting crazy ideas into Min-ah's head, oke?" She turned to walk away, when he said blatanly. "My brother doesn't like shifty people. IF you want to ruin your relationship with him, keep showing jealousy." Confused, Sun Mi slowly turned back around. "Mwo? I don't like your brother." And then, just like that, her brain clicked. "And don't give me advice anyway,, you don't know me, ahjussi. We only met once, and you lied about yourself." Jongmin laughed increduously. "Me? I lied? You made Yong think I'm insane." Grabbing her arm tightly, he tried to drag her outside. "Now go out there, and tell him everything you did, so I'm not insane. Do it!" "Or what?" she spat. "You are insane! Ani! Let me go!!" Jongmin flicked her forehead. "Don't be dumb. Do it!" "Ani!!!" Sun Mi yanked way, kicking him in the shin, before grabbing her costume head, and running out. Jongmin yelped in pain, jumping up and down on one leg, holding the other."Aiisssshh!! Little monkey!"

Sun Mi dashed out of the store, head under her arm, panting as she waddled down the street. "Stupid guy... I hate him the most. Jongmin-ah, you are my worst enemy; even worse than Raina." She laughed softly to herself, "You deserve Raina." Jongmin limped back to his table, panting. Yongmin blankly looked up from checking his phone. "What happened to you?" Pouting, Jongmin shakily picked up his coffee."I--I had a fight with thaht chicken." Yongmin nodded, eyes still focused on his phone. "Waiting for something?" "Sun Mi didn't call today." he said softly. Jongmin rested his head on his arm. "Do you ever think that Sun Mi isn't exactly--" "Look, if you're going to say she is crazy again..." "She is!" "Well, fine, then I'm crazy too; because she is fun." Yongmin said, with a smile that made his whole face light up.