Ch.6

««Delivery • Girl • Park • Sun • Mi!»»

 

Sun Mi turned in the money she earned, leaving out the coffee incident, only to hear she works full time tomorrow; great way to spend the weekend. Heading home, she almost collapsed on her bed, sighing loudly. Her mother wasn't home, and the house was unusally quiet. "What a long day, Park Sun Mi." Twisting the hat above her head, she threw it against the wall, recounting everything that happened. "Aish. What do you get yourself into?" Almost an hour later, she was asleep; her mom checked up on her, and smiled, Sun Mi worked so hard. Ever since her dad left, they really couldn't afford her school, so she took up another job, and so did Sun Mi. Tutition was barely being paid, but they were making it, though she knew her daughter hated going there. The people, milestones richer than them, flaunted their money, just like their parents, whose clothes she washed and ironed. This school had the best education; and maybe, if she was lucky, she could meet a rich guy and get married. Her mother did an aegyo squeal, shushing herself quickly, so as not to wake her, but it didn't work. "Ahma..." Sun Mi groaned, sleepily picking up  a pillow. "Think about me getting married in the other room; I have work tomorrow." she said, covering her face with the pillow.

 

The next morning, was more slow, so she brought her homework to the cafe, and did it in between servicing customers. "Have a nice day." she said, handing the customer his change. Going back to her book, the door opened. "Can I get a spicy chicken?" Sun Mi looked up to see Jongmin, who she thought was Yongmin. They both gasped, and pointed to each other. "You!" they cried. "Is this really a coincedence, or are you just following me?" Jongmin scoffed. "Get over yourself; I should be the one mad at you; you are so reckless." Sun Mi fumed. "Me reckless?! Can't you get over it already?" "Why should I? I haven't recieved a true apology yet." "I did; I'm not going to beg for your forgiveness when you treat me so bad." "Do you treat all your customers like this? So rude; just get my chicken." A dark cloud flew over her face. "Babo, do you want me to write it down for you?" she ssaid, gravely, grabbing the broom. Waving it over her head, she exclaimed, "WE DON'T SELL CHICKEN!!" Jongmin screamed, as he was chased out of the store. "Yah! Are you crazy?!" Sun Mi  yelled behind him, as he ducked into his car. "Yah! Don't let me see you again, min ssi! I'll really attack you!" she barked, walking back inside, and slamming the door behind her. Jongmin sat panting in his car, his heart racing, frozen. "Aish... what are the coincidences... This crazy girl..." he muttered, turning the engine, and driving away. "I'm surprised she didn't criticize my driving." he self, with a smirk. Park Sun Mi, still breathing heavily, walked back to the counter with clenched fists. That mood changing jerk, he could never be straight with her; why didn't he just leave her alone?  "He must really be insane; or stupid, to follow me back to my job." she muttered, tapping her chin, remembering their meeting in the elevator. Conceitedly, she smiled. "He was so stunned by my beauty..." she droned on, poking and pinching her face, before sighing. "Ahma is rubbing off on me." The rest of the day was pretty slow, until she closed up shop, and biked home, much more appreciative of the weekend, because she was able to wear what she wanted, and not use that stupid moped. By way of home, she bipassed the shopping centre, pressing her face against the window. "I wish I could afford that..." she whispered, fogging up the window. A sales attendent lightly tapped on the glass, and shooed Sun Mi away. Scoffing, she kicked the dirt under her heels, and left, heading back to her ride, when she felt the dreaded drop. "Oh no, please no."