ch.37

««Delivery • Girl • Park • Sun • Mi!»»

 

Jongmin glanced at the girl run up the steps, and turned to his brother. "Let's go." he said firmly, standing up. Yongmmin looked at him confused. "Let's wait for her--" "No. Now." he commanded, picking up the box, and grabbing his brother's hand; reaching into his pocket with his other hand he threw a few bills on the floor. "Hyung, wait--" but they were gone. Yongmin broke from his brother's grip outside, and scowled. "You can be so rude you know." "I didn't want to stay any longer than I had to." He noticed the parcel under his brother's arm. "You took it?!" Jongmin looked at him with a deathly glare. "She gave it to me." Yongmin stopped, and walked in the other direction. "Hey! Where are you going?" "I'm going home; I'll walk. See you later." he mumbled, brushing past his brother. Jongmin stared at him for a moment longer, before walking back to Sun Mi's school where his car was parked. In his car, he sat down in the driver's seat, setting the box on the passenger seat. Gingerly, he opened the box, and a note fell off of the lid. Sun Mi, have a great day at school. Love, Ahma~ He folded the note, and stuck it in his pocket. Taking a pair of chopsticks from the holster, he picked up a square of lukewarm beef, and popped it into his mouth. Then another. Then another. He had finished all the meat when he saw a lanky figure running up the street; large rolled cylinders under her arm. Fumbling, he started the car, and drove off, to his apartment, where he locked himself in his room, and finished eating. The apartment was silent, and when he was done, he the container clean, and closed it; his finger outlining the bunny design on the top. He smiled too himself, and took the box to the kitchen. "Park Sun Mi.." he said softly. "Only cook for me."

 

"Ladies and gentlemen, everyone gather around! Check it out, check it out! Come on into class four B's Carnival! Just a couple won; ride our ferris wheel; take a picture... KISS OUR KINGKAS!" Sun Mi shouted through a megaphone at the people passing by. Jongmin tugged at the collar of his black shirt. "Dammit." he cursed. "How did we get roped into this? Its so hot."  Yongmin looked up from his magazine, adjusting his shades. "She told you not to wear dark clothes, and remember this is our apology, so just be quiet, and wait for it to be over." he said softly, pulling out his ipod.  Someone tapped his shoulder, and he turned to see a long line of anxious girls. "Oppa, are you open yet?" Yongmin blinked. "Jongmin can you turn over the closed sign so we can start?" "No." he said flatly, checking his phone. "A few more minutes." "Its for Sun Mi; the most time we have, the more money we can have." Yongmin pleaded. Jongmin sighed, and flipped over the sign. "Hurry up." he cried.

 

Sun Mi passed the advert job to Raina, and ran off to go help cook. It was best to make instant food, and everyone kept ordering kimchi fried rice. "Thank you!" she exclaimed, collecting the fee. The day went by smoothly; some of the classmates who were "too good" to work, were being dunked in large tanks of water, while the guys on the sports team worked the ferris wheel, and the nerds of the class did lights and the photo booth. Sun Mi took a break, and walked around, stopping at the kissing booth. "How are you guys doing?" Yongmin rubbed his face. "Yah..." he whined. "My lips are so numb." Sun Mi laughed, and pinched his cheek. "Cheer up. Just a few more hours." "Yah." their joke was broken up by a serious tone. "Sun Mi; you dare to come up here, and not bring us any food? Is that any way to treat your slaves?" Sun Mi replied, looking at Yongmin. "Now who's dramatic?" Smiling she said, "I can't bring you food. No one wants a guy who tastes like kim chi." Jongmin frowned. "Yah! They don't come for my breath; its for my face." Yongmin piped up. "Its my face, too." "You have the same face." Sun Mi said finally, laughing. The three were semi- enjoying their conversation, when it seemed like they were having too much fun. Raina ran up to the booth, and exclaimed. "Oppa!" which made the twins cringe. "Hi Raina.." Yongmin waved uneasily, while Jongmin stared straight ahead. Raina looked at him strangely, and cleared . "Oppa." she repeated. "Oppa." she said once more tapping his shoulder. Jongmin harshly shrugged her off, but didn't look at her. Sun Mi stepped in front of him.  "She's trying to catch your attention." Jongmin replied flatly, "I'm trying to ignore her. If I don't move, she'll go away." "It doesn't work like that." Sun Mi said. "It should." "Oppa!" Raina exclaimed, beaming. "What?" he growled, turning to her. Raina slammed her money on the booth table. "I'm ready for my kiss."  "No." he refused. Raina stared at him blankly. "ah, I get it; my money isn't good here, I'll just donate it." she said, sliding it towards him. Jongmin quickly took the money. "You donated, but no." Her jaw dropped, as Yongmin and Sun Mi stared. "No?" Raina explained. "No." he repeated. "I don't want to kiss you." he flashed her a very unsavory glare. "Do you know what 'no' means?" Raina pouted, leaning over, across the table at him. "But Oppa--" she said, looking up at him. "Aish.." he scowled. "Don't call me that, I don't like you." Eyes shining, she said, "Oppa, it hurts--" "Yah, Oppa it hurts!" he cruelly mocked her. "I don't care; I'm not kissing you; kiss Yongmin. He looks the same as me." Yongmin gasped, his face turning pale. Leaning over, he murmered, "Hyung, I don't want to kiss her either." Jongmin added. "I'd rather kiss Sun Mi than you." Sun Mi flashed angrily. "Don't drag me into this! I don't want to  kiss you, Jongmin!" she exclaimed, her face flushing. Yongmin leaned over at Raina. "See? No one wants to kiss anyone over here,  so why don't you just--go away?" he said, flashing a seductive smile. Raina quivered, and her face turned pink, and she rushed away. There was an awkward silence at the booth. Jongmin stood up from the stool, and flipped over the closed sign. "That's lunch."

 

"Fifty-six... fifty seven.." "Omo, you counted that three times already... no wonder you didn't help her; you're so dumb, babo." Jongmin snapped, snatching a pile of bills away from his brother, who was drowsily leaning over in a chair. "Shutup." he mumbled. "If I wasn't dead now, I'd kill you...hurry and count Jongie, so we can go home." Yongmin yawned, and blinked sleepily. "We need Sun Mi's pile, too." Yongmin looked around. "Where is she?" The two brothers looked at each other, and heard a rustle. They turned to look at a cluster of  posters on the floor, now with a foot sticking out of it. Jongmin sighed softly, and stood up, walking over to the mess, and pulled the leg from under the paper, then a leg, and another, connected to a curled up body, wrapped in a large jacket, clutching tightly a wad of bills. "Sun Mi." he said, but she was unresponsive. Yongmin held his laughter, and went over to help, crouching down, he tried to pull the paper from her hand, but her grip was too tight. Jongmin watched intently as his brother tried to take the money, but was unsuccessful; this girl was too much. Yongmin leaned over, and in her ear, said softly, "Sun Mi, let go." She obliged, and the won fell into his cupped hands, and she rolled over, pulling the hood over her face. Yongmin stood up, smiling softly. "Here. We're going to bed." He said, shoving the money in his brother's arms. Jongmin frowned, as his brother went back to retrieve his friend, picking up her, swinging her legs over his arm, and she rested her head against hist chest. "We'll be out in the car." he said softly, heading for the door; and-- something pulsed in him. Jongmin bit his lip, and slammed the money on the table, it scattered, and he loudly clapped his hands; the sound echoing. "Ho! Sun Mi!" She jolted awake. "Ahh!" Turning over to far, she fell out of Yongmin's arms, yanking down a few decorations. "Ahh! Jongmin!" He stomped over to her, and yanked her off the ground. "Park Sun Mi; count your own money; you don't think we have something else to do?" She rubbed her eyes. "I was sleeping..." she whined. "I can count it if you want; Sun Mi you can sleep in the car--" "No." Jongmin said firmly, taking a sea next to her, piling the money into a much straighter row. "One..." he started. "Two... three..." "Four.." she counted off softly, and soon she was making piles and piles, and after an hour she rested her head on the table. "Fourty two thousand, seven hundred ninety six..." she groaned. "Can we go now?" Jongmin was fast asleep, and Yongmin was leaning against the doorframe. He looked up for his phone, and pulled out his headphones, noticing she was asleep next to his brother. He stood up and lightly shook her, Sun Mi was about to whine, when he put a finger to his lips, and grabbed her hand. "Four--ty two thousand, seven hundred ninety six..." she repeated, as she wrapped her arms around his neck, and he carried her outside. Cold air hit them both, shaking off their lethargic daze. "Jongmin..." she hissed. "Such a tyrant." Yongmin laughed, as he walked around the front of the school, Sun Mi rested her head on his back. "So, did you earn enough for your tuition?" Slightly raising her head, she smiled. "Yeh... we did it. Plus, what we earned for Jongmin's pile, and the eighty thousand won you guys left; I feel so dumb-- can I loan it from you?" Her face turned pink, and her words sped up. "I can pay you back; I'll even work three jobs to pay you back by next tuition time." "Sun Mi--" "Oke, fine." she sighed, interupting him. "With tuition even, come on, Yongmi--Oppa! Oppa you love me right? Yah!!  Help me!" Yongmin stopped walking, and began to laugh; his whole body wracking. "I'm beggin you here, you start laughing.?!" she fumed. "So--sorry its just so funny. You're begging me for your own money; I didn't loan you anything." "Bwo?" she asked softly.