Ch.13

««Delivery • Girl • Park • Sun • Mi!»»

 

"You excited for the party?" Yongmin asked, walking slowly through a store of masquerade masks. "Eh no." Jongmin replied. "I don't know why mom always acts like we're little kids. Why in the world would we want to have a stupid little mask party?" Yongmin appeared in front of his brother, wearing a red sequined mask. "I dunno; it sounds like a fun idea! What do you think?" Jongmin grabbed the long mask, pulling the elastic band around his brother's head, and let go. "I think you look stupid." Rubbing his cheek, Yongmin checked the mask in the mirror. "We only have a birthday once a year, Jong. Might as well make each one count." He scoffed. "Pft. Whatever, I can make each one count without looking about a bunch of people I don't like." "But you don't like anyone!" "So?" Yongmin laughed, as Jongmin sat a black mask, the exact same as Yongmin's on the counter. Yongmin's sat his next to his brother's, along with a black and silver glitter one, covered in feathers on a white stick. "Your birthday present to me?" Jongmin asked. "I left my wallet." "You always do..." Pointing at the feathered one, Jongmin asked, "Who's that for?" Yongming smiled, and handed the cashier his credit card. "My birthday present to me."

 

"What's her name?" Jongmin asked, driving back to his apartment. "Sun Mi." his brother replied abstractly, staring out the window. "Mmh. She cute?" "I guess." Jongmin snickered. "You guess? So.. yeah." Yongmin looked over slyly. "Yeah." They both exited the car, and walked into the house. "I'm going to go take a shower." Yongmin said, setting down his masks,and running upstairs. "Okay." When he heard the water running, he walked over to the masks, and picked up the female one, twisting the stick between his thumb and index finger. "Sun Mi..." he repeated. His shower ended, and from upstairs, he heard his brother yell, "I'm borrowing one of your suits!" Jongmin didn't reply, and when his brother ran downstairs, he . "Yongminnie! You look so cute for your little date! I hope you treat her well." Adjusting his hair in the mirror, Yongmin said, "What about yours? Anyone I know?" "Nah, I wasn't lucky enough this time; you're beating your older bro." he said, with a reasurring wink, that made Yongmin chuckle. Suddenly, he gasped, "Look at the time! Hurry! Get dressed! We're going to be late!" Jongmin looked around. "You're kidding right? I don't care if I'm late; she should be glad I'm going at all." "Jongminnn...." "No. I know we came out of the same woman, but I'm not going to the same party with you. Let's classify ourselves as losers now by being the carpooling brothers." "Aish! You are so difficult!" "Hurry, little one. Don't want to keep her waiting!" Yongmin look one last irritated glance at his brother, before leaving, riding his motorcycle from his brother's apartnment to the family's main house, the same address he texted Sun Mi once he arrived. People came in crowds, he kept a close eye on the door, and eventually headed outside when his mother began to try to set him up with other family friends. "This is my other son, Yongmin; only seventeen, and already done with school; isn't he so smart?" she would coo, as the other family just glared with this noncaring gesture, with nods and fake plastic smiles. He sighed, watching every car that passed by. When he was about to give up, he saw a figure walking out of the shadows. "Sun Mi?" he asked quietly. The girl looked around, and he asked louder, "Sun Mi!" She looked so pretty; her dress, a shimmering skin, that stopped right above her knees, with a white belt under her chest line, which slipped out elegantly of a v neck. A long silver chain, which she habitually kept playing with matched her  black patform shoes, the stilettoes a silver. "Sorry I'm late." Yongmin didn't even believe she was going to come;ever since she invited him to that coffeeshop about a week ago, he could only think about Sun Mi, she was so confusing; a wirlwind of emotions all the time. A little confusing, but it was worth it, an escape from that boring life of his. Almost forgetting, he gave her the mask, which looked even more stunning on her, but a little dissapointing, because he couldn't see her face anymore. He walked her inside, and as soon as he opened the door, he was bombarded with a unision voice, "HAPPY BIRTHDAY YONGMIN!" He smiled and waved, before saying, "Thank you, everyone! My birthday is really great, especially with the arrival of my date, Sun Mi!"