Ch.18

««Delivery • Girl • Park • Sun • Mi!»»

 

"Assignments are due next week; class is dismissed." The bell rang, and it was time for lunch. Sun Mi parked herself in front of  Raina, who was talking to her other classmates, including Kang Shinwoo. "Annyong, Raina." she said, brightly, to which she recieved a quick blow off; Raina turning her back to Sun Mi. "So anyways, that sounds really fun!" Raina exclaimed. Sun Mi opened her lunchbox, tilting her head to the side curiously. "Yeah, I know!" Kang ShinWoo said "I don't think we have to worry about I.D." he added slyly. The other kids chuckled, and one slid his palm against ShinWoo's. "We never do." Blankly, she looked up. "What are you guys talking about?" she asked meekly. The group blinked at her a few times, and clearly ignored her, as Raina asked. "Do we need to call ahead?" "My dad owns half of the shares;  don't even worry about it, just get ready for a sick party." ShinWoo replied, before Sun Mi piped up. "I like parties! Where is it?" Raina gave her a sort of queasy look. "Sorry Sun Mi; its exclusively for--" "For..everyone!" ShinWoo said, with a grin, that brough snickers from the rest of the group. "Oh, great!" Sun Mi exclaimed, clasping her hands together, she was finally fitting in with them. "Yeah; and-- its a costume party; be sure to dress really cool, Park Sun Mi." Raina said, with a wink. Sun Mi tapped her chin, and grinned. "I can't wait!" "I'll text you the adress, and we'll wait for you outside." They exchanged phone numbers, and lunch ended; when school was over, the other students waved at her, before heading to the parking lot to drive off in their shiny cars. "See you tonight!" they exclaimed. "K! Right! Cya, everyone!" ~

 

Sun Mi watched the clock, as she crimped her hair in the mirror. "C'mon, c'mon, Ahh!" she burned her finger on the hot metal, and exclaimed, sticking the singed skin into , she hopped into her stockings. Sun Mi looked in the mirror once more, admiring her superhero costume. "Ahh, I hope they like it." she muttered, knowing their costumes will be millions times better; but with nice friends, nothing matters, right? She ran out the door, and biked to the address, looking around as the sun peeked behind the trees, and the condos towered over the streets. "Where--are they?" She pulled out her phone, and called the number, to hear pounding music in the background. "Yeah?" "Raina? Hi! Its Sun Mi; I'm outside, where are you?" There was silence, but in the background, she could hear drunken laughter. "Where are we? Oh, did we send you the wrong address?" "I--I guess so; I can't find anyone here, just houses." "Hmm.. well, isn't that strange. Oh well; too late now, we're just full of guests." "Oh no! No! Please! Can't you get me in?" "MMMh... okay." More silence. "Yeobosayo? Raina?" "Ne. I'm here.. I checked the text; you're right, we're down the street." Sun Mi perked up."Okay! See you soon." Raina closed her phone, and leaned back on the couch, sipping from a glass. "When is she going to learn she is lame?" Raina scoffed, as Kang ShinWoo laughed. "Yeah... aish, such a stupid girl." he exclaimed. Sun Mi excitedly boarded her bike, and pedaled down to the street, where she could hear thumping music, and see a line a mile long near the lounge. "Found it!" she silently cheered, stashing away her bike, and walking up to the front door; slowly her self-conciousness grew. "Is...this...the right place?"  Walking up to the bouncer, he snickered, and asked her name. "Park Sun Mi." "Not on the list." Confused, she tilted her  head. "Really? I was invited, by KangShinWoo, and Lee Raina-" "Not on the list." he repeated gruffly. Looking up at the window, she saw the shadow of a familiar head. "Raina! Raina!" she waved, and the girl leaned out the window. "Do--I know you?" "Raina! Its me, Park Sun Mi. You didn't add me to the list?" Raina stared at me blankly. "Park Sun Mi? Hmm... I don't know Park Sun Mi. Are you sure you're at the wrong party? Do you know this isn't a costume? I know alot of people, but no one lame enough to be someone like you, who clings on the rich. I don't know you, please go away." Sun Mi listened to her silently, her eyes welling up. "I sit with you everyday; I talk to you alot; why are you being so cold to me? Raina, don't you know who I am?" Sun Mi shook off the insults, and yelled louder, "Maybe you made a mistake. Raina! From school; its Park Sun Mi!!!" Raina smirked, leaning on the sill, with a glare in her eye. "Persistent, aren't you?" Cruelly, she shut the window, and turned arouund, the whole line staring awkwardly at the only girl in the line, in a costume, trying to not to cry. Bravely, she turned around, and walked away from the building, her boots clicking on the pavement, with her ears ringing, and her fists clenched. "D-Don't cry, okay? Don't cry here, Sun Mi." she whispered to herself, her voice quivering.