chapter 30! :D

««Delivery • Girl • Park • Sun • Mi!»»

 

"You can begin your tests... now!" Sun Mi scribbled on her paper, her eyes becoming heavier with each . After thirty minutes of finishing her test, she was done first, and quickly fell asleep. The teacher circled the classroom, checking papers. "Really? Kang ShinWoo; write your name! Its ten points! Aish. Such a dumb kid; not every answer is A, you know." She kept walking, and saw three kids sleeping. Slapping her hands on the desk, they quickly rose. "This isn't sleeping class! Wake up! Finish!" Sun Mi didn't awake, and when the teacher moved to her desk, she was fuming. Impatiently, she tapped her shoulder, waking up the student, and was about to yell, when Sun Mi handed her the finish test sheet, and she quickly defused. "Ah, oke." she said, lowering her voice. Gently, she lowered Sun Mi's head back onto the desk. "Shh shh shh." she said, before continuing her patrol. "Kim Pal Jong! Why haven't you started your test! You are such bad kids." Stomping over to her desk, she picked up a stack of books, and dropped them heavily back onto her desks, alerting her students. "Wake up! Pay attention, or feel my wrath!" she exclaimed, dredging Sun Mi from her sleep. The teacher rushed over to her, and once more pressed her head back onto her desk. "Shh shh Sun Mi go back to sleep; you worked so hard." she cooed. After Sun Mi sleepily smiled,  and buried her face in her arms. The teacher then stood up, and gave everyone around a death glare.

 

The next day, everyone rushed into class, to see the posted scores for the test. "Oh man! I needed to pass this! Now I have to practically get an A on my mid-term!!" one student cried, slamming down their backpack. Sun Mi walked in about ten mintues late, just as the teacher walked in. "Yeh, if you want, I can call you, to tell you when that drama comes on, teacher." Sun Mi said. The teacher smiled. "Ah, great, I've heard really good things about the cute main star." Sun Mi walked to her desk, setting down her bag, before going to go look at scores.

1. Min Jae Seung

2. Park Sun Mi

3. Lim Hae Eun

4. Kim Pal Jong

 

Sun Mi stared at the paper blankly, silently, as Seung Mi proudly stood behind her. "So I got first this time." Sun Mi didn't reply. Frowning, he said, "I got number one! You're second; how is that, do you think?" She turned to him, and smiled. "You worked harder; good job." she said, turning to walk back, when he followed her back to her seat. "Yah! You aren't mad? Miss. Number one got beaten, and she feels nothing?" Confused, she looked up at him. "This test didn't really matter... and as long as I didn't fail, I'm never discouraged. I said congratulations... omo, Min Jae Seung, you aren't trying to make me jealous, are you?" Suddenly, his face turned vivid red, as she continued. Matter of factly, she pointed her finger at him. "Because that makes you a horrible person. You should achieve for yourself, not for me. I didn't ask you too; and you are only doing it to make me feel bad. Don't worry, you getting a few more points than me won't get me down. Don't think you are so important to me, so get out of my face." "Alright. Alright. Class is starting." teacher said, clapping her hands. "Oke--" she was interrupted by the principal opening the door. "Miss. Cho, can I see you for a minute?" Putting a hand on her hip, she scoffed. "Now? I have class." "All the teachers are having a meeting now; come on, it won't take too long." Rolling her eyes, she nodded, and looked out into a sea of bored faces. "ah--- Raina! Run the class; assignment is in the book." Miss. Cho left, and Raina stood up, bouncing to the front of the room. "Oke guys! Raina is in charge!" the girl winked. Putting a finger to her chin, she said, "I don't want to teach, so I am giving us a free period." Everyone cheered, as Sun Mi boredly rested her head on her arm. "I wonder what they are talking about." Standing up, Sun Mi grabbed her backpack, and walked slowly out of the classroom. "Sun Mi?" Raina asked, as she watched the girl leave. Unresponsive, Raina yelled once more. "Sun Mi!" Sun Mi left the class, and scooted down the hallway, her feet shuffling on the waxed floors. "Which are they in?" She walked past the teacher's lounge, when she heard the principal say, "...due to such low test scores, we are having trouble with tuitions and paying for extra services." This caught her attention; extra services would include her tuition, she leaned against the doorframe. "Get the rich kids to pay! That's all they do anyway." "True true but the parents want the kids to actually have a good education; as well as learn humility." The principal said nervously, trying not to rumble the teachers anymore. "You could hold a festival." Sun Mi suggested, and suddenly a sea of eyes were on her. "Sun Mi, what are you doing here?" Miss. Cho asked impatiently. Sun Mi ignored the question, and walked into the room. "Yeh. A festival. Before I transferred here, my other school, to raise school funds, held a festival; each class had a different booth." The teachers consorted, and one raised his hand. "Why don't we just raise tuition?" The prinicpal was about to speak, when Sun Mi interrupted him. "Well, if you raise tuition, it will give parents an ease of uncertainty; the same bad education for more money, no offense." she said with a smile, before continuing. "Now, there kids are working for an education. Also, if you raise tuition, and cut special funds, people like me, with scholarships can't stay, and then your grades would go down. Your testing scores decreasing wouldn't be too good, right?" she asked, turning to the principal, who was stuttering. "O-Oke, Park S-Sun Mi, thank you for your input you can return to class." Miss. Cho stood up, face blushing. "Oke." she said simply, waving, and leaving quickly. Miss. Cho excalimed, "I-I'm sorry, Principal Sang.--" "We can't possibly follow her diea.." "Why not?" Sun Mi asked, once more in the doorway. "Its perfectly logical. "Sun Mi! We told you to leave." Walking over to her teacher, she took out her phone. "Ye, but I realized I didn't have your phone number so I can call you about City Hunter." "Oh." Miss. Cho said, her personality devolving into a teenage demeanor. After quickly typing in her number, and take a quick selca, she pushed her student out of the lounge. "Out. Out. Out." Miss. Cho quickly walked back to her room, hands wringing, trying to predict the destruction of her room. "Oke everyone I'm back--" she said, frozen as she opened the door. Everyone was seated, Sun Mi in the front, leaning against the desk, pointing to the board. Looking up, she smiled. "Hi teacher! How was your meeting?" ~

 

Sun Mi trotted slowly back to the class, slowly opening the door. "Sun Mi! Nice of you to join us, care to tell us where you were?" Raina spat, as she sat, crossed legged on the desk. Sun Mi kicked her leg up, hands behind her back, before shrugging. "Oh, no where. I was just finding out what was going to happen to us." Suddenly, all the conversations quieted. "What do you mean 'what's going to happen to us'?" "Just that special funds are going to be cut--" Everyone gasped. "Special funds?! We're special! Is the school going to close?" "No guys--" Sun Mi said, but no one could hear her over the panic. "Oh no! We're going to close?!" Raina exclaimed, "No! We can't! I just got elected yearbook president!" Sun Mi huffed, impatient as the panic rose in the classroom. Raina, along with everyone else shifted to the back of the room, as Sun Mi walked to the front of the room, and slammed a ruler loudly on the desk. "Shut up!" she screamed. "Listen you idiots!" She began. "As I was trying to say; special funding is going to be cut, so we need to make money. We are going to have a fair; what should our class booth be?" Miss. Cho walked in, midthought, pausing. Sun Mi looked up, and smiled. "Hi teacher! How was your meeting?" "Uh--good. What are you guys doing?" she asked suspiciously. "We're setting up our fair, teacher." Sun Mi said. "What?"Raina chirped in. "Yeah. We're deciding between a cafe center, or a kissing booth." The class was alive, as Miss. Cho leaned next to Sun Mi. "I've never seen them so excited..." "Its simple. they want to help because they think it affects them. No reason why they should think otherwise, right?" Sun Mi stated, staring straight ahead. Miss. Cho crossed her arms. "They are still debating the fair idea." "They are being stupid; whether or not you decide to go along with my idea, I am still going to do it; even if its only our class." Miss. Cho smiled. "Calm down; I'm not saying you shouldn't do it; I don't want you to have to leave any more than anyone else. If you leave, I'm stuck with a bunch of idiots." Raina ran up to the chuckling teacher, gleaming. "Kissing booth. We decided on a kissing booth, Miss. Cho!" "No." she said plaintively. "I like the cafe idea better." Sun Mi said. "I can make all the food, if you want; everyone else can tend to the guests."

 

Jongmin sat at home alone, sipping from a wine glass, and flipping through the television. Slowly, his  eyes became heavy, when he was jolted awake by that dreaded ringtone. "What?" he answered, blinky. Harshly setting down his glass, he firmly declared, "No. No. Hell no."