ch.33

««Delivery • Girl • Park • Sun • Mi!»»

 

Sun Mi woke up hours later, cloaked in a dark grey jacket, rubbing her eyes. "Yongmin?" She said softly, checking her cellphone. Sitting up straight, she gasped in hororr, testing was in fifteen minutes, and she was across town. Ignoring obvious hygiene issues, she dashed out of the house, kicking up her stand, and pedaling to school. Windblown and unkempt, Sun Mi entered the classroom, toothbrush in motion. "Good morning, teacher!" She exclaimed, heading to her seat. Miss.Cho looked up from her cellphone, mouth dropping. "Sun Mi! What happened?" Blankly, she looked up. "Hmm? Oh, nothing. I just--" Miss. Cho interrupted her by raising her hand. "Stop. Finish brushing." Sun Mi stopped talking, the whole class was snickering as soft brushing was heard. She erratically raised her hand. "T-Teacher! Can I go--" "yes." Standing up, she dashed out of the room, heading to the restroom to spit, and pat down her hair. "Tests will begin...."click. "Now."

 

Anxiety flushed her face as Sun Mi waited outside the teacher lounge, kicking the wall softly with her shoe, patiently waiting for Miss. Cho to finish grading. Humming softly, her teacher left the room, and was startled by her student. "Miss. Cho!" Sun Mi exclaimed, causing her teacher to almost have a heart attack. "Park Sun Mi!" She barked. "Miss. Cho, Miss. Cho! Is the test done?" Miss. Cho walked past, shrugging softly, leaving Sun Mi behind. "Not yet." Sun Mi yelled down the hallway, pausing her teacher. "When do you think they'll be done?" Not turning around, she waved away her student. "All of them will be due tomorrow!" Once more Sun Mi cried, "Well how about mine? Can I just see the grade?!" Irritated from having to stop she rose her shoulders, turning around. "SUN MI!" She exclaimed angrily. "D--""Sorry teacher, I have to go to work. Give  me my test later, oke?" She said with a grin, before leaving. Miss. Cho stood, frozen, biting her lip in frustration. "Choi delivery! Please pay now!" she exclaimed, knocking on the door, but no one came to answer. "Hello? Choi Delivery!" she knocked once more, shivering from the whipping wind. Biting her bottom lip, she yelled, "Yah! Open the door! Its not free if I have to wait for you!" A security guard walked to the door, opening it slowly. "Can I help you miss?" Chattering now, she stuttered. "H-hi. I have an orde-order f-f-f-f.." She paused to search for the receipt, while not dropping the food. "It was just here somewhere...." she whined softly, patting her shorts, and looking around. The guard replied, "It doesn't really matter who you are here for, building is closed, miss." Sun Mi looked up, touching her forehead slightly. "Ani! No! I-I just got the order-- and I just lost the receipt, but I was sure it was for this building. Uhm-uhm..." "I'm sorry, but its--" "Joon Banking Corp.!" "Its closed." he said firmly, shutting the door, and locking it, leaving her standing there. Fuming, and feeling dumb, Sun Mi stood there for a few moments, before heading back to her moped. "Yongmin? Oh hey! Uh--sure, I have some leftover food, are you hungry?...Great! See you then!" Closing her phone, she headed back to Choi to sign out.

 

Jongmin, shoes in hand, left the house, just as the sun was rising. Sitting in his car, he sighed, and after a few minutes, drove home to change, before heading into the office. Walking in slowly, he was greeted with a very impatient Miss. Kim. "And where the hell have you been?" she screeched. He looked at her, with tired eyes, and pushed past her, heading for the coffee pot. "Where the hell does it look like?" Pouring himself a  cup, he grimaced, this was terrible. "I was trying to get here; traffic was terrible." Miss. Kim sighed, throwing her coffee in the trash. "I tried calling you; I was going to ask you to pick some coffee up." "I didn't get your call; maybe you called the wrong number?" he shrugged, sitting down, resting his head on the table. She took out her phone. "I don't think so; here, I'll call again,... yah! wake up. Did you have a long night or something?" "Or something.." he sighed, his words slurring, as he nodded off. She stood impatiently, tapping her foot, phone hooked to her ear. "How long does it take for your phone to ring?" "It rings immedieately." But there was no ringer. "Is it on silent?" Eyes still closed, he mumbled, "Yeah, I put it on silent last night, but here; fix the number in your phone." he said, reaching into his pocket. Then into the other. "Hmm.. must be in my jacket." Standing up, he walked over to the coat rack. "Miss. Kim, where's my jacket?" She looked up from her phone, confused. "What jacket?" "My grey jacket that I wore last night at Sun Mi's house; the one I brought here--" he stopped, and suddenly, he was awake. "Oh no." "You didn't have a jacket." she said softly, looking around. "Oh no." he said out loud, patting his pockets once more. "What's wrong?" Grabbing onto her shoulders, he shook her harshly. "My phone. I left my phone with my biggest enemy." Grabbing her phone, he dialed his brother. "Yongmin! We have a problem."

 

Yongmin woke up a few minutes earlier when his phone rang. "Hello?" he mumbled, recieving a call from him brother. "Jong? Why are you calling from Kim's phone? Where's yours?" And his eyes widened. "What?" ~

"Yesterday, Sun Mi fell asleep, so I gave her my jacket; but it had my phone in it." "How could you be so forgetful?!" "It was five am! If you did your babysitting like you were supposed to, Yongie, we wouldn't be in this mess!" "Oke, oke, so what do we do now?" "Now.." Jongmin paused to sigh deeply. "We  have to get it back without her knowing. If she finds it, then she will know it wasn't you who was with her last night." Yongmin nodded anxiously. "Right. I got it." Hanging up, he dialed Sun Mi's phone. "Sun Mi!" he exclaimed, with a fake laugh. "I want to see you today; are you hungry? Let's go out to eat.... great, picnic style. I'll meet you at the park." he said, hanging up, and going to change clothes. As he walked out, he saw her coffee hat on the counter. Smiling, he touched it lightly, before leaving. 

 

After signing out, she grabbed her bag, and left, but not before putting on Yongmin's jacket, it was getting chillier outside. Still storming, she puttered in the hot pink moped to the park, her headlight blinding. Jumping off, food in hand, she ducked under a pavilion and waited, sticking her hands in the jacket pockets, and touching something rectangular, and cold. Picking it up, it was a...cellphone. "But--" she said softly, closely examining the phone. "Yongmin just called me. Looking around, she pressed the main button, to see four new missed messages from "Miss. Kim." Beep. Jong. Where are you? You're late. Sun Mi's mouth dropped. "J-Jong?" Beep. Jong! When you get here, and you better get your in her soon, you better bring some coffee. Two sugars, please. Clenching her fist, she bit her lip. "Yongmin lied to me..." Beep. Do you know what time it is?! You better have a good excuse as to why you aren't here! He's just like his brother, just like him. "Sun Mi!" She looked up, to see Yongmin running up to her, and being so nervous, the phone slipped through her finger, falling onto the ground. Bending over to pick it up, she hit her head on the picnic bench, and cried out. "AAIISSSSHHH--" She froze, when she was face to face with him. Touching the back of her head, he smiled softly. "Are you oke?" Sun Mi glared at him, and stepped back. Yongmin flashed a look of confusion, before rubbing his hands together greedily. "Now--where's that food you promised?" Sun Mi pushed the carboard box full of paper bags of food at him. "It was a prank call; so just eat it all; its already paid for." she said firmly. Yongmin sat down, and began to open the bags. "Oh great!" Looking up at the looming girl, he said slowly, "Are you going to eat too?" "Yongmin, do you think I'm dumb?"  Strangely he looked at her, before saying "Nooo..... why?" Hands on her hips, she continued, "Did you think I honestly wasn't going to know? I'm your friend, why would you lie to me?" He tilted his head. "I don't know what you're talking about--" She pulled out the phone. "I don't like liars, Yongmin." He stood up. "I--I can't explain, Sun Mi!" She stared at him in silent disbelief. "I thought Jongmin was my enemy, but you're even worse." The words struck him. "I hate you the most." she bit out, turning away. Yongmin exclaimed after her. "Wait!" Groaning, she pulled off the coat. "This is what you want, right?" she threw the coat at him, but it landed in a puddle of water, and she threw the phone at his head, but she was aiming for his chest; it hit him in the eye. "Ah!" he cried, holding his face. Sun Mi gasped, and ran up to him, but stopped. "If I was less mad at you, I'd be more worried about your eye!" she stated, as he turned to look at her with one eye. "So-- it can fall out right now! I"ll check on you when I'm less mad!" Stomping away, she got on her bike, and it was pouring harder now. Turning the key, the engine stalled, again she turned the key, and it stalled. "C'mon, you stupid machine..." It stalled once more, and Yongmin walked slowly up to her. "You're flooding the engine, you know." Sun Mi rolled her eyes. "Oh why? Because of all the water? Haha." Yongmin smiled, took out the key, reinserted it, and turned it the other way. "No becuause you don't know how to drive this thing." It purred like a kitten. "Yes, well.." her face felt hot. "You're making it really hard for me to be mad at you." Yongmin removed his hand from his face, and she could see the starting of a black eye. He looked up at the sky. "Its getting worse. Let's go somewhere else." Sun Mi crossed her arms. "No. You lied to me, Yongmin." "But I can explain why--" "no." Kicking up her stand, she drove away, splashing his pants with water. "Sorry!" she yelled behind her, speeding up.

Yongmin walked into the door of his house, seeing his mom sitting casually on the couch. She looked up from her magazine slwoly. "Yongie is that yo--Yah! What happened to your face?" she exclaimed, jumping up and running over to him, lightly touching his face. Yongmin whinced softly, but didn't look up. "Nothing mom." She scoffed. "Nothing, yah... Did you get beat up?" He sighed. "I feel like it." "Omo what happened?" Jerking away suddenly, Yongmin moped up the steps. "Ma.. just leave me alone."

"Oke, well, put some ice on it." Jongmin said, with a wry chuckle. "Did she take it?" his smile left his face, she still had his phone. Jongmin paused, "Where does she live?" He had alot of work in front of him.