Ch.1

««Delivery • Girl • Park • Sun • Mi!»»

 

"Come on, wake up, you lazy girl." "Ahmaaaaa..." Sun Mi groaned, throwing the blankets over her head. Her mother, rolling her eyes, picked up a pillow, and threw it at her daughter's head. "Get up." "ahmma, its not time yet..." she whined once more, in a muffled voice, her body sprawled, and twisted in the blankets. Her mother, leaning against the doorway, stood up, and her heels. "Fine. But you're going to miss your bus." Sun Mi jolted awake; her hair wooshing behind her. "Time, time time! What time is it?!" she shrieked, but there was no clock to be found, never when she needed one. Reaching for her alarm clock, she looked at the face, and threw it behind her on the bed, as she dashed to the bathroom. "Why didn't she wake me up earlier?" Sun Mi complained, staring in the mirror, as she curled her hair. "Get out of here! GO TO SCHOOL!" her mother yelled, downstairs. "I'M TRYING!" Sun Mi yelled back, shimmying into her skirt, and slipping on her jacket, pulling her long socks on down the stairs. Running to her backpack and shoes, her mother chased after her. "Wait! Wait! Wait!" Sun Mi panted, as her mother smiled so bright, it hurt her eyes. Snatching her lunch, she mumbled. "Why are you so happy?" Her mother pushed her out the door, Sun Mi stumbling to catch herself. Suddenly, her eyes widened in terror, as she watched the transit fly by her house. "Yah! Wait! You're--" her voice lowered. "My ride... Aaaaiissshh..." Pulling a set of keys out of her bag, she pulled her moped out of the garage, starting it up, and slipping on the white helmet. "Let's get this over with, Sun Mi. The day is too long already." Dreading to turn key, she puttered down the street, in her most embarrasing transport, her work vehicle. The moped she used to deliver was hot pink, with a large sign on the side, advertising Choi Delivery; the same name as a chicken resteraunt. If that wasn't horrible enough, she couldn't honk the horn for traffic, because it played the theme song of the business; loudly, and with a bad tone. Constantly, she gets laughed at for her stupid job, but it wasn't her fault. Not every kid who went to her school arrived in a limo, with the newest technology under their arm. Sun Mi halted to a stop, as a car loomed in front of her. "Yah!" she shouted. "Don't you know how to drive?!"  she shrieked. Once more the car sped up, then slowed down. Sun Mi gritted her teeth, twisting the acceleration to catch up with the driver. "Ignoring me, inconsiderate driver. Acting like I'm not here; who do you think you are?" she drove up to the driver side window, and tapped on the glass, alarming the driver, who rolled down the window, and excclaimed, "Yah! What the hell do you think you're doing?" keeping her eyes on the road, she said, "Move ahjussi." "BWO?" the male voice cried. "Ah-ahjussi?! Look kid, I'm not much older than you. Get your eyes checked." Rolling up the window, he drove away, and Sun Mi once more had the road to herself, and she smiled. "Sun Mi ah~ Have a good day at school." she whispered, pulling into the parking lot of the school, practically throwing her transit against the bike rack and running inside.