Chapter 8

I Don't Want To Lose You

Myungsoo woke up in a cabin. The last thing he remembered was he barely made it until the end. But he looked at Sungjong. He lifted his head above the water and strives to finish. Sungjong was his lucky charm. If it wasn’t for Sungjong, he would have given up and drowned.

 

But no… they even won.

 

“Myungsoo!” Sungjong rushed to Myungsoo and hugged him. “It was a bad idea! I told you it is!”

“Did you?”

“I.. I-I don’t know! But you’re so stupid to do it. You could’ve died!” Sungjong scolded him.

“Atleast I made it! What’s our place?” Myungsoo asked.

“Last place.” Sungjong pouted.

“W-What?!!!”

“Just kidding.” He stuck his tongue out. “We won. And you know what? People are talking about you like being Superman and stuff. You’re popular.”

Right after Sungjong finished his sentence, a few students rushed in to Myungsoo. “Can we take a picture?” “Can I have an autograph?” “Do you have a girlfriend?” “Oppa! Be my hero!”

Myungsoo got irritated and told them to go away. Sungjong almost hit him. “I’m sorry. He’s not just feeling well. Please, let him rest for a while.”

“Okay Sungjong sunbaenim. But please tell him to give us an autograph!” The students pleaded. Sungjong nodded with a smile and sent them out. “What the hell is wrong with you?”

“What?!”

“How could you tell them to get out in the meanest way you can?”

Myungsoo rolled and faced his back against Sungjong. “I’m tired okay? I’ll just sleep now.” He said. Sungjong rolled his eyes. Myungsoo blushed thinking about how Sungjong rushed to him. How he cared about him and not about winning. He fell asleep with a smile.

As the night goes deeper, Myungsoo was murmuring. Sungjong woke up. He touched Myungsoo’s forehead. “He’s burning up!” he quickly grabbed a towel and soaked it with water. He was so worried about Myungsoo. He tapped it in his forehead until the temperature went down.

The moment Myungsoo woke up, he saw Sungjong in a chair beside him, sleeping. He was holding Myungsoo’s hand. He blushed and stared at Sungjong. He set some strands aside and stared at his beautiful face.

“My angel.” He thought.

Sungjong woke up and Myungsoo hurriedly closed his eyes. He touched Myungsoo’s forehead. When he was sure that he was fine, he left the cabin.

 

“How could he leave me just like that?!” Myungsoo said irritated. He walked out as well and was rushed in by students and teachers asking him questions such as was he fine, is he feeling better, can they take a picture together or can they have his autograph. He just glared at them and walked away. “Just yesterday, I was the most hated person and now they want my autograph? Autograph my foot!”

 

He changed his clothes and looked for Sungjong. He found him eating with some student. “Hey! How could you leave me like that?! What if something bad happened?” Myungsoo said. “Like what?” Sungjong asked with a full mouth. Myungsoo just rolled his eyes and sat beside him.

 

When a student was about to ask him something, he stopped her with his hand. “No autographs or picture.” He said. “I-I was just asking if you could pass me the ketchup.” The girl said dumbfounded. Sungjong giggled and Myungsoo just glared at him. He passed the ketchup then. “Looks like you got your popularity in your head now. It’s getting big.” He giggled. Myungsoo walked out.

 

Sungjong rushed out to him. “Aren’t you going to eat?” Myungsoo ignored him. “Hey! I was just kidding. But you should eat.”

“I’m not hungry.”

“You should eat to feel better.”

“I do feel better.” Myungsoo said in a flat tone.

“If you’re mad because I laughed at you or I left you alone, I’m sorry. But will you please eat?” Sungjong pleaded. “Why?” Myungsoo looked at him. “Why? Do you even need to ask?” Sungjong dragged him and ask for noodles in the mini cafeteria that the school provided.

He stared at Myungsoo while he was eating. “Why?” Myungsoo asked. “Why do you need to eat, huh? You look like you were starved for 30 days or something.” Sungjong said smiling. Myungsoo glared at him. “Thank you.” Sungjong said.

“For what?”

“For protecting me and making me feel secured when I was scared yesterday.” Sungjong said.

“Uhh.. well I can’t force you to swim. So I had to.”

“Then why did you kiss me in the forehead?” Sungjong asked. Myungsoo almost choked in the noodles. “I-I did?” Sungjong just nodded. “Uh. Well…. I don’t know! Due to pressure I guess.”

“I’ll take that as an excuse. Hurry up eating. Everyone will go fishing later.” Sungjong smiled and left. “Tch. He left me again.” Before Myungsoo could take a bite, Sungjong kissed him in the cheeks and ran away. He was so surprised that he spilled everything on his pants.

“Aiiisssshhhh!”