Chapter 26

I Don't Want To Lose You

Confusion spreads all over Mr. Lee’s face. He quickly glanced at Sungyeol whose face was obvious with guilt.

“Lee Sungjong… has a boyfriend?” Mr. Lee asked Sungyeol. Other staffs and employees were whispering how bad it is to force someone who’s in a relationship into an Arranged Marriage.

Sungyeol looked back at his father and shook his head. His expression became serious. “No.”

“Not yet.” Myungsoo said filled with anger. “He was supposed to say yes you bastard. But he chose this hell you all created for him! You all don’t deserve to be called human!” he was so angry but he didn’t do something physical.

“Look Myungsoo. Whatever happens, Sungjong can’t escape the reality. He has to face the fact that sooner or later, this will happen! Aren’t you supposed to be happy that this happened before you two become official?” Sungyeol said with a mocking face.

Myungsoo smirked. He was about to come closer when the guards stopped him. He was now raging. “Happy? Do you want me to punch you right in that stupid brain of yours so that you could talk with some sense for a second?!”

The guards managed to hold him despite his strong grip.

“I’m sorry Mr. Kim. But I suggest you to calm down and talk to my son in a proper way next time. Thank you.” Mr. Lee glared at Myungsoo and walked ahead. Sungyeol looked at him and smirked.

Everyone left leaving Myungsoo still in the guard’s grip. He whipped them off in one move and head out.

He was so frustrated about everything. Is that really Sungyeol? Why is he even doing this? For what purpose? To get Sungjong? He’s out of his mind.

Myungsoo doesn’t know where to go. He decided to look for a place to stay nearby. He thought that maybe, there’s a possibility to see Sungjong coming in or out of the company.

Later that night, he saw Sungyeol walking out of the company again. He was about to follow him when he noticed he was surrounded with guards.

“This as*hole’s probably powerful.” He thought to himself. He called a cab to follow Sungyeol’s car. He managed to order the driver with his broken English to follow them only to find out that he was heading to a hospital.

He secretly followed Sungyeol. He ended up in a room in the highest floor. It was probably room for VIPs. Sungyeol ordered the guards to head out first as he went in alone.

Myungsoo took this advantage to peek at the name. He wasn’t good at English but he didn’t know why he had this feeling that he has to find out whoever is inside the room. He waited a few seconds before opening the room. He heard a very familiar voice. The voice he longed for. His heart skipped a beat feeling happy and worried at the same time.

Why is he in here?

He heard Sungjong’s weak voice answering Sungyeol’s simultaneous questions and finishing up with, “I’m tired. I have to rest. Please leave.” He stopped, preventing to barge in despite confirming that it’s Sungjong.

He was frozen in his place. He heard footsteps approaching the door. When it swung open, he saw how Sungyeol’s eyes widened and how his jaw dropped at the sight of Myungsoo glaring.

“Wh-what are you doing here? How…” he was stuttering. Sungjong managed to ask why and who is it. Myungsoo changed his look to Sungjong who was frozen in his bed too.

“Myungsoo…” he tried to get up but he ended up falling down. Myungsoo ran to him passing by Sungyeol with a strong bump. “Sungjong!” he helped him sit back up again and hugged him tight.

“I’m sorry Myungsoo… I’m so sorry…” they were crying at each other’s grip.

“It’s not your fault Sungjong. I know that you left me to protect me… but I can’t afford losing you.” He was crying so hard in Sungjong’s shoulder, burying his head into Sungjong’s neck. “It feels like I’m gonna die. It’ll be a never-ending pain.”

Sungyeol, on the other hand, stared at them the whole time. He was filled with envy. He himself witnessed how Sungjong and Myungsoo love each other. Just from the fact that Myungsoo managed to track them proves how he’ll do anything for Sungjong. He quietly left the room.

He was staring at the window as they drove him back home. He didn’t mean it but he dialled Sungjong’s father’s number and told him that Myungsoo’s in the hospital. He buried him face in his palm, questioning himself why he acts like this. He’s deeply, madly in love with Sungjong. He’s wrong, he knows it.

Myungsoo was caressing Sungjong’s hair without fear that any moment, they could separate again.

“I should’ve told you what was happening.” Sungjong said.

“But you didn’t know it in the first place, right?” Myungsoo smile and laid his head in the bed, still facing Sungjong.

“How did you even get here?” Sungjong laughed, still obvious that he’s weak.

“I’ll do anything for you, just like how you did for me.”

“I didn’t even do anything.” Sungjong said with a faint smile.

“You love me. You protected me by staying away from me. I know that’s hard for you knowing how much you love me… that you’re obsessed with me…” he laughed as Sungjong hit his chest.

“You’re really something.” Sungjong smiled. “You just proved how much you really love me. And you don’t know how happy I am. That all my doubts and fears I had before about you are gone.”

“You doubted me?” Myungsoo raised his head.

Sungjong simply nodded and laughed. “You’re a bad… bad….guy.” he smiled.

“That you love?” Myungsoo smiled with an aegyo which caused Sungjong to laugh. He nodded with a smile. “So much.”

Myungsoo stared at him, amazed by how pretty he still is despite his situation. “I love you more than you’ll ever know.” He said still staring.

“I love you too, Myungsoo. Don’t forget that.” He responded with a smile.

Myungsoo got up and lowered his head to Sungjong’s level.  He closed his eyes and Sungjong did the same as they kissed. No one’s moving, just appreciating the moment. Myungsoo broke the kiss and whispered I love you.

Sungjong whispered back with I love you too.

Just when Myungsoo sat back down and held Sungjong hand, the door swung open with a loud sound. They were both shock only to find out Sungjong’s father with guards.

“Get him!” he commanded, furious.

“Dad, no!” Sungjong said as he tried to hold Myungsoo hand, but it’s no use. He was grabbed with full force.

“You.” His father glared at him and slapped him. “Is this how you want to spend the rest of your life? In this hospital? Or perhaps you were just pretending to be sick to spend your stupid flirting time with this guy?” he shouted.

“You don’t understand! We love each other, dad, he’s my boyfriend and I will never get married unless it’s Myungsoo!” he fought back only to earn a slap again.

Myungsoo managed to kick Mr. Lee’s back despite being held back. “You’re an as*hole. You’re not a father. You’re just a stupid business man trying to make a profit out of Sungjong! You’re a bastard!” Myungsoo was glaring, fighting back the guards.

Mr. Lee laughed with a scary tone. He held Myungsoo’s face. “You know, you’re going to waste that face of yours if you’ll fight back. I won’t let them beat you up. I won’t waste my resources for someone as USELESS…” he emphasized, “…as you.” He let his face go with a force.

“I know you’re as poor as a rat, or maybe even worse. I’ll buy you a ticket back to Korea. Never, EVER! Comeback here unless you want to see yourself in a dump.” He threatened. Myungsoo was brought out screaming, earning attention from people in the hospital.

No one had the urge to report it specially that Sungjong’s family owns the place. They know how cruel Mr. Lee is.

“Sungjong!”  Myungsoo screamed at the top of his lungs.