Chapter 30

I Don't Want To Lose You

“Lee Sungyeol and Lee Sungjong’s joined project, billion worth!”

The youngest CEOs of the 2 top Korean Company in Canada had just set another record in the business world.

Newspapers were filled with Sungyeol and Sungjong’s face not only in Canada, but also in Korea. Myungsoo was reading it while he was preparing for today’s big day. It’s been three years since he last saw both Sungjong and Sungyeol. It was also in the newspaper years ago about what happened in their supposed-to-be engagement party and how bad Sungyeol’s attitude was in the event.

Myungsoo would laugh his off about it. “Sungyeol. Still that troublemaker kid I know.”

“Myungsoo! We’re going to be late!” Mrs. Kim called out. “Yes mom!” he shouted back. Before going to the school, they headed off to Mr. Kim’s resting place.

He smiled and showed his cap. “Dad! I’m graduating! I’ll be a very good business man in a few more years, just wait!”

“He’s graduating as Top 2 in his batch. Can you believe it?” his mother proudly hugged him. “He’s studying well and he got into Korea University.” She kissed him in the cheek.

“Mom! Not in front of dad.” He said wiping his cheek.

Mrs Lee hit his . Myungsoo was shocked and covered his . They both laughed.

“We’ll go now dad. I love you.” He smiled. “I love you, dear.” Mrs Lee said too. “Let’s go?” she offered. Myungsoo nodded and placed the invitation to the ceremony and flowers into Mr. Lee’s grave.

The ceremony was coming to an end. Myungsoo was busy preparing his speech when he was then called out. He nervously walked up the stage.

He stared at everyone. It was very quiet which made him more nervous. He opened the paper but then decided to close it. He cleared his throat.

“I’m not going to read a scripted speech. I think it’s special that way.” He paused.

“I’ve never been above top 50 before so this is really new to me. Wow.” Everyone laughed. “I realized that I wasted the past few years of my life being miserable. I never really studied and I was stupid not to do so. I only brought trouble to my mother who raised me alone. But to clear those out, I hope graduating 2nd makes it up.”

“There are 4 people who helped me making this far: My parents, my best friend Sungyeol, and a very special person, Sungjong. You might not know them, but I just wanted to say who they are so just please bear with me.” Everyone laughed again.

“Graduating with honours or not, it doesn’t matter. We graduated and that’s all there is to be proud of. Congratulations to us!”

Everyone clapped and praised him.

When the ceremony ended, it was time to take a picture. He was taking his classmate’s picture when he noticed someone passing by when he took the picture. He checked it. He was surprised that he almost dropped the camera.

He quickly handed it to his classmate and ran. He was running and he saw someone in the nearby vending machine. It was a very familiar petite guy.

“Lee Sungjong.” He said loud enough for the petite guy to hear it.

Sungjong turned around and smiled. “Kim Myungsoo.”

They stared at each other, smiling, treasuring the moment of just being near each other.

“Since when…”

“This morning.” Sungjong smiled beautifully.

“Are you… staying?” Myungsoo nervously asked.

“Congratulations for graduating 2nd.” Sungjong said, not the answer Myungsoo wants. He was nervous. He doesn’t want to lose Sungjong again.

When he was about to say something, Sungjong handed him the soda he just bought with a gift. He took it and read the small paper attached to it.

"If our paths crossed once again, that'll be our right time."

Myungsoo smiled at the sight of the familiar sentence.

Sungjong smiled back at him.

“I made our paths cross again Myungsoo.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR READING "I Don't Want To Lose You"