Chapter 7

I Don't Want To Lose You

Everyone woke up to the sound of horn. Everyone went out from their tents.

“Good Morning Everyone! I hope you had a good sleep,” the principal announced. Everyone started cursing and whispering. He cleared his throat, “…Today, we will have several activities. It’ll be fun and exciting. First off, you have to find yourselves a group of 5.”

Everyone dragged their friends and unfortunately, everyone got an exact number of 5, leaving out Sungjong and Myungsoo.

“Uhm… let’s change the numbers…”

“No, we’re fine just by ourselves. We don’t need some stranger in our group. Right, Jongie?” Myungsoo bragged as he put his arm around Sungjong’s shoulder. “B-but it’s unfair for us!” Sungjong argued. “We’ll lose because we lack 3 more people!”

“Oh whp needs them? We can do it together. All we need each other, right?” Myungsoo winked.  It caused commotion to every suitor of Sungjong. “No way, let’s change the number!” Some demanded. “Then why didn’t you low lives approached him in the first place? You should’ve secured him if you really want him. Idiots.” Myungsoo argued. It made others almost attack Myungsoo but Sungjong got in front, “Stop it! I’m okay with it. He’s right, we don’t need you.” He glared at the men.

Myungsoo’s heart flutters again. For some reason, he loves it when Sungjong tries to protect him. It seems like he doesn’t even need Myungsoo’s protection. He stared at him for a moment and got back to reality when Sungjong shook him, “You alright?” He shrugged and nodded. “I told you we can!” Myungsoo shouted for the last time.

The principal went down and took his horn down.  “Are you guys sure about this? It’s unfair for the both of you.” Myungsoo grabbed a mic. “Listen strangers, we’re going to play with the members we have right now. If my Jongie,” he turned to Sungjong and winked, “..and I wins, we get double points. So no more “unfair” of what you guys talked about.” He puts down the mic and put his arm back to Sungjong’s shoulder. The principal took the mic, “Okay then. Looks like everything’s settled, let’s go to the activity area!”

Everyone went there. Myungsoo made sure that no one will smack him in the back of his head, they went there the last. There were tunnels, were the fastest team who can crawl in the mud, goes back to their team and tap the next person, there were rappelling, Racing, and other more games. Surprisingly, their team won 2/11 games.

But the other teams don’t seem to enjoy their victory. Out of 8 teams, 3 teams won the other games, including Myungsoo’s and Sungjong’s.

“The last game will be swimming. This last game is only for the other 3 teams who have won the other games. This will be your last chance of winning. Your score will be doubled if you win this last game. As of now, Team 2 has a score of 40 points, Team 6 with 50 points and Team 8 (Myungsoo’s and Sungjong’s) have 40 points as well. Whoever wins the last game, will be declared as Champion.”

Everyone cheered with excitement while the other 3 teams glare at each other. Everyone is very competitive specially Myungsoo. Sungjong pulled the lower tip of Myungsoo’s shirt. He turned to Sungjong, “Why?”

“I… I can’t swim.” Sungjong said while lowering his head. Myungsoo panicked. His eyes widened and sighed. Sungjong seems to be more upset after seeing his reaction. He can’t take seeing Sungjong like that. “I’m a great swimmer!” he bragged. “I can do it alone! 10 lines? No worries!” He lowered to Sungjong’s height and smiled. “Don’t worry.” He ruined Sungjong’s hair.

“I’ll be swimming alone!” Myungsoo said. Sungjong can’t say a word. He was so embarrassed that he had to shoulder everything. “B-but…” Myungsoo kissed him in the forehead before he could finish his sentence. Both of them were surprised. Myungsoo didn’t even know why he did that.

He ran off to the edge of the lake, “L-let’s start! What are you guys waiting for?!” He said in excuse and turned around. His face was still in disbelief. Why the hell did I do that? He thought.

Everyone positioned. Sungjong was praying with all his might. He doesn’t care about winning. But the fact that Myungsoo will swim ten lines scares him.

Each swimmer will swim 2 lines each including getting back to their partner and tagging them so that they could swim next.

With each seconds passing, Myungsoo’s heartbeat was beating so fast. He wanted to make Sungjong proud.

The principal whistled and signal them to dive. Everyone was cheering so loud, and all at the same time. Sungjong became more nervous. With each lines Myungsoo got through, it’s like a thorn is taken out from his chest.

 

 

Just 2 more lines left.

 

 

 Myungsoo said and encouraged himself. For the last time, he looked at Sungjong before he swims back. He was surprisingly fast, swimming at the same pace of the other swimmers.

 

Last line…

 

 

The cheers got louder than before.  They were now all going back to the start and finish line. Everyone was at the same place. Myungsoo can’t take it anymore. He can’t breathe properly.

 

He wanted to stop but he can’t. This is for Sungjong, he thought.

 

 

Just a little more.

 

 

He drank a lot of water.

 

 

 

I don’t think I can make it…

 

 

 

 

I feel like….

 

 

 

Like…. I’ll die…