Chapter 24

I Don't Want To Lose You

Sungjong was frozen. Everyone was smiling, including Sungyeol. “Well Sungjong, this is Sungyeol. My son.” Mr. Lee announced. He was surprised about everything. Sungyeol looks like he was part of the plan. How could he do this?

“Hello, Sungjong. I’m Sungyeol. It’s nice to meet you.” He grin.

“My son has told that he likes you. I know you’re wondering how and I was as well. But considering your background and of course, your personality, there’s no doubt that anyone could like you.” He was so proud about Sungyeol.

But how? The last time he remembered, Sungyeol and Myungsoo fought because of Myungsoo’s father. Does it mean he kept his contact with his father?

“The pre-engagement party will be tomorrow. We hope you’ll have a good time but for now, we’ll arrange everything so you’ll see each other tomorrow then.” Mr. Lee said.

They bid goodbye to each other. Sungyeol was trying not to make any eye contact with Sungjong. When he accidentally did, Sungjong’s eyes painted shock and hurt. It was filled with tears. He tried to be strong, but he was getting weak.

“Don’t look.” Mr. Lee commanded when he noticed Sungyeol. He did what he was told and they head off their way.

“He looks good, doesn’t he? Consider yourself lucky. Both of you will be CEOs in a year and your wedding will probably be all over the news. They’ll be our official partners and your wedding will give us enough publicity and it’s good for our company’s image….”

The door slammed.

He was crying. People were looking at him because he was crying so much, he barely made it home. He threw himself into the bed. “What is this, some sort of “ruin Sungjong’s life plan?” How could he….” He whispered into his sheets.

He fell asleep. Tired. Worried. Hurt.

He obviously doesn’t look good the next day. They were a vip in a restaurant. Their room were decorated very well, the atmosphere was very overwhelming. Except Sungjong.

He was glaring the whole time at Sungyeol.

“I know…. This….. this isn’t right. My father forced me into it. He knew I like you so he grabbed the chance.”

“Since when did you meet him?” Sungjong firmly ask not caring about what Sungyeol just said.

“Since… since Mr. Kim died. But my mother and him haven’t met yet. Just me. He went to Korea to discuss this plan.”

“How did my father got into this stupid plan?”

“My father has been eyeing your company and he then became friends with your father. They talked about it. They became business partners and if they’ll become in-laws, rising of sales are probably 85%.”

“Where’s your mother right now?”

“She… she knows everything but they decided not to meet so she’s still in Korea.”

The whole conversation, Sungjong didn’t budge. He still has those glaring eyes set to Sungyeol. He tried not to look at Sungjong but he always fail to do so. Sungjong’s expressions softened.

“And you agreed on this plan.” Sungjong said with his voice shaking.

“You know how much I love you, Sungjong.” Sungyeol then said with his expression becoming serious.

“And you don’t know how much I hate you right now. You’re my best friend! But…” Sungjong can’t even talk properly.

“That’s why! I’m JUST your friend!”

“Best.”

“Best or just a friend, I AM ONLY YOUR FRIEND. You don’t know how much that hurts me… you chose that Myungsoo over me who you know for years!” Sungyeol was angry.

“I know you for years and I know Myungsoo for months… but who betrayed me after all these time?” Sungjong was calm. Sungyeol didn’t respond. He kept his serious expression but he was speechless.

“My parents… your parents… we understand each other very well. I accept the fact that they weren’t by my side not only physically, but never is. I’m just a robot. Like how your father would do to you… I’m not hurt about the fact that they forced me into this stupid arrangement…”

Sungjong was opening his feelings up. “But what I’m hurt about more, is the fact that the person who showed that despite knowing him for a short time that he really loves me, would never betray me, will always be there for me… is slowly getting farther away from me… and I’m scared… so scared that I might completely lose him. That one day, I might be able to come back to him, ready for another chance, but he’s already gone… he moved on… he has someone else making him happy. The fact that it’s not me, kills me so much…” his voice was shaking. Tears fell down his cheeks.

It made Sungyeol weak to see him cry, but he felt disgusted about the things he said about Myungsoo. He despises Myungsoo more knowing how much Sungjong loves him. Why can’t it be just him and Sungjong? Why does Myungsoo have to be in the picture always? He wanted to cry but he doesn’t want to.

“But what hurts me the most… is the person who’s making my life more miserable than it already is…… is my best friend…. It hurts me so much… I lost my parents… Myungsoo… and…” Sungjong broke down.

“I lost my best friend…. I lost you.”