Chapter 18

I Don't Want To Lose You

Sungjong was in shock. He hurriedly closed the door but Myungsoo’s hands were faster. He barged in Sungjong’s mansion. He was in awe actually, but there’s no time for him to praise Sungjong’s house.

“You live alone?” His voice was as if changed back into how it was the first time they met.

“Yes, and please leave.” Sungjong said with a harsh tone.

“Not until you explain to me why,” he sat down the huge couch, “…you turned me down.” His eyes were sharply meeting Sungjong’s.

“If you’re going to be rude and cold just because I turned you down, please, get out.”

“No.”

“Get. Out.” He sharply said to Myungsoo.

“Why will I?”

“Don’t you realize how annoying you are right now?” Sungjong’s voice shows how obviously annoyed he is. “Please leave.”

“N. O.”

“For ’s sake Myungsoo will you please get out?! Please! Leave!” he turned around but before he climbs upstairs, Myungsoo hugged him from behind. There was silence. Complete silence. Then, Sungjong heard sobs. Myungsoo was crying and holding him tighter.

He couldn’t hold his tears in himself.

“Please.” Sungjong said as he took off Myungsoo’s hands from him. “Please leave.” His head facing down preventing Myungsoo to see his tears. Before he went upstairs, he told Sungyeol to never bring him there again.

Myungsoo kneeled down. “Sungjong. I’m begging you. Please. Don’t leave. It doesn’t matter if you won’t talk to me anymore, if you’re going to swore at me every time you’ll see me, just don’t leave. Sungjong, please.”

He was crying so much. Sungjong can’t do anything. He has to control his feelings. He went straight upstairs leaving Myungsoo on the ground pleading and screaming his name.

“Myungsoo… please. Let’s go.” Sungyeol said as he tries to raise him. “Myungsoo. Let’s just respect his decision for not telling you.”

Myungsoo looked at him and pushed him to the sofa. “You know. You know why, Sungyeol! Why don’t you just say it to me? Don’t make me suffer!” he screamed grabbing onto Sungyeol’s collar. Sungyeol punched him in return making him fall to the ground.

“Wait for him to tell it to you himself! Can’t you see? He’s not ready. He’s preparing for something big and you acting like this will surely make him leave without even telling you why he has to!” Sungyeol sat down on the ground.

“Let him breathe for a while. Let him be first and when he’s ready, he’ll tell you.” Sungyeol said patting Myungsoo who’s weeping and he hugged him.

They went out the subdivision. Myungsoo was walking like a zombie on his way out. Carelessly, he was almost hit by a truck if Sungyeol wasn’t fast enough to grab him.

“Are you insane? You almost died!”

“I didn’t. Didn’t I?” He responded soulless. 

Myungsoo walked home without even realizing that Sungyeol was behind all along.  He guided him and made sure he went back home.

Why can’t Sungjong tell me the reason why he has to leave?