Chapter 14

I Don't Want To Lose You

Myungsoo heard everything. He felt sorry about how angry he was at Sungyeol, without even knowing that he was just suffering with Mr. Kim, instead of enjoying and feeling the love of a father.

When Mr. Kim and Sungyeol finished talking, he grabbed Sungyeol and dragged him again. “YA! We finished talking, what now?” he asked but Myungsoo wasn’t responding. They went out of the house and dragging him was slowly turning into them walking while holding hands.

Sungyeol suddenly felt like the road and stores were familiar. They stopped at a convenience store. “W-why are we here.” Sungyeol asked. “I want to eat ice cream with you.” Myungsoo said and smiled but he only earned a punch on the shoulder. “Agh. YA! Why did you do that?!”

Sungyeol only smiled and went inside the convenience store. He bought two ice cream and when he was about to pay, Myungsoo barged in and handed the money. “It’s my treat.” He said smiling.

“How cute! Good thing there’s still couples like you who even fight for who will pay. Other couples these days just let the other do everything!” the convenience store ahjumma said.

They both made that vomiting face. “Uhm… sorry. We’re not a couple.” Sungyeol said and bowed. Myungsoo put his arm around Sungyeol. “Babe. Why do you have to say that. Don’t you love me anymore?” he pouted in front of Sungyeol’s face. He felt like he was about to throw up and pushed him off. He marched out of the convenience store. Myungsoo bowed while laughing and went to him.

“YA. I was just kidding.” He said laughing. “Here.” He handed one ice cream. “Thanks.” Sungyeol punched him again and ran. “Ya… aish.” He smiled and ran to Sungyeol. “YA! Lee Sungyeol!”

They went to the river again. But right now, there’s no sadness, no tension, but just how they were before. It felt like they were young again; like nothing happened, like they didn’t fight before.

“I always love how the river refreshes our mind.” Sungyeol said. Myungsoo nodded smiling. They laid down the bridge above the river. There was complete silence for a few minutes.

“Wanna eat some ramen? Or rice cake? Dumplings? I feel cold. I wanna eat something hot.” Myungsoo said. He looked at Sungyeol but he was sleeping. “You always fall asleep here. Aish. I’m hungry.” He was about to wake him up but he stopped himself. He sighed. “Ya Lee Sungyeol. You know even though we fought, I always consider you as my best friend right? I’m sorry. I was such a bastard. I let you feel like you’re all alone. If only I know how my dad treated you, we should’ve beaten him up together for that!” he said and lay down beside Sungyeol.

“Best friends forever. It sounds girly, but we are right?” Myungsoo was happy. They both felt alone when they weren’t together. But right now, it feels like their friendship will be a lot stronger than before. “I love you Lee Sungyeol.”

There was complete silence. He closed his eyes.

“You sound so girly.” Sungyeol said with his eyes closed. Myungsoo was startled. He suddenly opened his eyes and sat down. “Ya. Lee Sungyeol. Y-you’re awake?” he stuttered. Sungyeol smiled and sat down. “Your heart’s finally soft. Because of Sungjong.” He said with a light smile.

“Wh-what? No way.” Myungsoo denied and looked into the river. “You know I love Sungjong too, right?” Sungyeol said. Myungsoo was surprised with Sungyeol’s sudden confession. “But we never worked out. I’m just a friend for him.”

Myungsoo doesn’t know what to say. “Don’t be conscious and stuff when you’re with him just because I told you this.” Sungyeol said. “Wh-who told you I’ll be? I always win girls over you even before.” Myungsoo smirked. They both laughed.

“No way. Suzy fell for me even though you like her so much. Such bad luck that I don’t like her back.” He bragged. “YA.” Myungsoo glared. “I like her so much. But she got a boyfriend right after I stopped courting her.”

“She probably realized that I’m not interested and made me feel bad for it. Sorry but I wasn’t” Sungyeol kept on bragging. Myungsoo punched him in the shoulder. “Agh. I was just kidding!” he was massaging his shoulder. “Just to get back about earlier.” Myungsoo smiled.

“Now let’s go. I’m hungry.” Myungsoo pouted.

“You look ugly.” Sungyeol said. “Tsk. Tsk. Tsk.”  Myungsoo glared and they both laughed.

They went to the place they love the Ramen and dumplings so much. They stuffed their stomach and went home dark. They were enjoying the breeze of the night.

“I would love to do these more often.” Myungsoo said.

“Me too. Hope the three of us can.”

“Three?” he asked.

“Me, you and Sungjong. I love him but it doesn’t mean I don’t treat him as a friend.” Sungyeol said.

“Why are you implying so easily that I love Sungjong?”

“Don’t you?” Sungyeol asked.

“I do but…”

Myungsoo was startled. It came from his own mouth and he can’t take it back anymore.