Chapter 17

I Don't Want To Lose You

Myungsoo feels like he’s dying whenever he’s in school. He can’t talk to Sungyeol and he doesn’t know why he still hasn’t apologized yet. Above it all, Sungjong’s not arounf. He wanted to approach him but he can’t figure out how. When he opened his bag, he saw the notebooks Sungyeol left in his house.

“Sungyeol…” Myungsoo said as he approaches his seat. “I wanted to bring these back. Thank you.” He said with the lamest tone possible. He was kind of embarrassed about it. Sungyeol replied with a faint smile.

What are you doing? It’s your friend! Man up! Say you’re sorry!

When Sungyeol was about to stand up he quickly grabbed his arm.

Sungyeol looked at him with questioning eyes.

“I…” he muttered. He breathed heavily, “I’m sorry. For everything. For being a jerk. For being the worst person you’ve ever met. For being an a-hole and everything. I’m sorry. Really really sorry.”  Sungyeol can’t help but laugh.

“Breath, stupid.” He said smiling.

“You forgive me?” Myungsoo said as his expression brightens.

“If it’s the only way to stop you from being corny and cheesy. “ he smiled.

After class, they hang out at the convenience store again, eating ice cream. They forgive each other surprisingly fast. It shows how close they really are and how strong their friendship is.

Myungsoo suddenly thought about Sungjong. Sungyeol saw him thinking really deep. “YA, why?” he asked.

“I think I saw Sungjong last night.” He opened up. Sungyeol was surprised. “Perhaps, do you know something about him? Do you know why he’s leaving?” He said. Sungyeol was just staring at him. “I-I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to mention it. I was just thinking and…”

“Yes. I know.” He cut off Myungsoo. He was caught off-guard. He quickly turned to Sungyeol.

“You do?”

Sungyeol nodded quietly. “You’re probably mad, I know and I’m sorry but Sungjong asked me not to tell anyone specially you.”

“But I want to know why… please. It can’t end like this. I want to know the reason.”

“I think it’s a lot better if you ask it yourself.” Sungyeol said. “But how?” Myungsoo asked. Sungyeol stood up and told Myungsoo to follow him.

They went to a very unfamiliar place. It was an exclusive subdivision but Sungyeol gained access by talking to the guards. He said that they were guests and Myungsoo is a guest as well. The guards led them to a house. In fact, probably the largest among the whole subdivision.

“Where are we?” Myungsoo asked.

“Don’t ask me like you don’t have a hint.” Sungyeol said and winked.

Myungsoo slowly walked and approached the gate. “You can open it freely and knock on the door.” Sungyeol advised. Myungsoo did as what he was told. He walked nervously.

Here it is, he thought. He hesitated for a while but gathered up enough courage to press the doorbell.

Ding Dong

He heard footsteps of someone running.

“Hey Sungye---“ The man’s words crumbled up.

It was Sungjong.

Right in front of him.