Chapter 3

I Don't Want To Lose You

Myungsoo knows that Sungjong knows the whole story. He took this as an advantage for him to bully Sungyeol. Sungjong will understand right?

During PE Class, he took the ball and purposely threw it hard to Sungyeol. “Oh, I’m sorry. I thought you’re not in our team.” It hit Sungyeol’s head and his nose bled. He was accompanied by Sungjong to the clinic, with Myungsoo earning a glare from him.

“I just hate him right now. It’s not your fault your parents got married and left them. Why does he have to get back at you? I think I have to talk the senses into him!” Sungjong angrily said.

“No. Let him be.”

“WHAT?! Are you out of your mind?” he freaked out. Sungyeol shrugged, “Well, this could happen right? And… l-let’s just not blame him.” Sungjong rolled his eyes. “I don’t understand you. Why don’t you let me do my job as your Class President?”

“The problem could get bigger and the word might spread. It could damage my reputation too.” Sungyeol pleaded. “Okay. I’ll let this one slide. The next time he'll do this, I’m so gonna beat him up.”

Then there was silence.

“T-thank you. For always being there for me when I need you.” Sungyeol said. “Of course, anything for my friend.” Sungjong smiled.

When Sungjong was in his office, Myungsoo barged in again. “Well, hello! You’re here.” Myungsoo said. “Who do you expect to be in here, stupid? Of course it’s me and please, leave.” He said not even glancing at Myungsoo. “I just have a few questions. And when you answer them, I’ll leave you.” Myungsoo negotiated. “What is it?”

“How important are you for Sungyeol?”

“What kind of question is that?”

“How well do you know Sungyeol?” Myungsoo asked after another.

“What---“

“Does he have any secrets you know?”

“Stop it Myungsoo! What are you trying to do?” Sungjong stood up and left the office instead. Myungsoo followed him. “Why don’t you just answer my questions? You want me to leave you alone right?” he said. “Stop bugging me. You won’t get anything from me.” Sungjong walks away.

Myungsoo went to the clinic. “Oh, hi Sung----“ Sungyeol stopped and stayed still. “Sungjong? Where?” Myungsoo teased. “Don’t be scared. I only have one question for you.”

"What is it?" Sungyeol answered in a straight tone.

“How important is Sungjong for you?”

“Very much.” Sungyeol glared.

“Okay then. Thank you for answering my question.” Myungsoo stood up from the chair and walked outside. “Why did you ask me that?” Sungyeol said before he could leave, but Myungsoo ignored him. Sungyeol doesn’t feel good. Given the pain he feels, he’s nervous about Myungsoo’s next move.

The next morning, when Sungjong was lifting his books to the locker, Myungsoo took the books and put it inside. “It’s heavy babe. Ask for my help next time.” Myungsoo winked. Sungyeol, who was just 5 lockers away, saw it and glared at Myungsoo but he only smirked.

When Sungyeol found Myungsoo alone in the field, he took the opportunity to confront him. “YA, KIM MYUNGSOO!” Myungsoo ignored him. Sungyeol pushed him off the bench. “What are you trying to do?!” Sungyeol asked angrily.

“What am I doing?” Myungsoo smirked. Sungyeol grabbed his collar. “Don’t act clean, Myungsoo! I know you’re up to something!” Myungsoo pushed him off and fixed his uniform. Before Sungyeol could grab him again, Myungsoo punched him. “Why don’t you cut off your act? Show me what we use to do before! Fight!”

“I’ve changed Myungsoo!” Sungyeol said gasping for air. “We fought before and it never did anything good.”

“Like how you came into my life. After that, nothing good happened to me.” Myungsoo glared and walks away.

They went back to their room. Only that Sungyeol has an additional bruise. When Sungjong saw it, he hurriedly went to Myungsoo’s seat. “What’s your problem? Isn’t making his nose bled enough?”

“Don’t act like you don’t know why.” Myungsoo stood up. “He never wanted any of it.” Sungjong said in a low tone. “Never? Oh. So I guess he told HIS side of story, eh?” Myungsoo said and walked out of the room. Sungjong followed him.

“It’s not his side, it’s the whole story!” Sungjong fought.

“Well then. Did he tell you he knew it all along? That for months, we were best friends and he never told me a single thing about my dad and his mom’s affair? That he acted normal and dared to smile and laugh with me in spite of everything?!” Myungsoo yelled.

Sungjong stood still and remained silent. Myungsoo was right. Sungyeol didn’t tell him that part. “So much for the whole story, right?” Myungsoo said and walked away.