Chapter 6

I Don't Want To Lose You

 Sungjong has no idea what happened and all, but he always put the two of them together. Like when in school projects he would suggest a group of 3 and that would be him, Myungsoo and Sungyeol. He will make the project alone but he makes sure to tag along the two so that they could still be together.

 But it seems like the two of them can’t get rid of the awkwardness. Myungsoo felt the same. He misses his friend and knowing the situation wasn’t better for Sungyeol when his father took them, he felt sorry to be so angry all these years. But he just cant. He’s not use to all those sweet stuffs to say or cuddle and other more disgusting sweet pootie tooshoos unlike Sungyeol, he thought.

“I have to go.” Myungsoo said. “No.” Sungjong said without glancing. “But I have t------“ Sungjong glared at him. Myungsoo just sighed and sat down again. When they finished, “Now, that wasn’t so bad wasn’t it?” Sungjong said and smiled. He sent them off.

A W K W A R D . . .

They were walking in complete silence. “j-just forget what I told you and---“

“I never listened anyway.” Myungsoo cut in. Sungyeol stopped walking and before Myungsoo even realized, Sungyeol ran and kicked him in his . Myungsoo fell hard on the ground. He was in shock… and in pain. Sungyeol ran away shouting, “Good Night!”.

It was exactly how they were 5 years ago. Myungsoo missed it.

Next day, a camping trip was announced. All the sophomores were so excited. “I’m not going.” Sungyeol said. “Why?!” Sungjong asked. He even did an aegyo just for him to come but it never worked. “I don’t know. I just don’t feel like it.” He said in a weak voice.

There’s something that’s probably bothering him… Sungjong thought. But it could just be exactly how he said. He just doesn’t feel like it.

Everyone packed up. They were all excited including Sungjong. He was so hyped up. “Finally, something I could do besides studying!” he said while stretching. Myungsoo looked at him, surprised. “What? It’s not like I love studying. I just want to but I never love doing it.” Sungjong said and stuck his tongue out.

They all hopped in the bus. Sungjong was hyped up about everything he keeps on telling stories on how he used to camp every week with his family. As for Myungsoo, he was irritated. He was never an outdoor person. He hates mountain and staying there for 3 days, isn’t really working out for him.

They set out a tent. Every tent has 2’s and 3’s. They were supposed to be in there with Sungyeol but since he didn’t come, the two of them has no choice but to sleep together. It doesn’t really bother them though and Myungsoo seems to like it. Although he never shows he does.

The assigned teachers asked some people to gather up woods so they could burn it by the night comes. Myungsoo was included with them. It wasn’t easy because they have to cut branches. There never was an easy way to camp.

The camp idea pissed him (but his mother forced him to) and gathering up woods with bunch of idiots joking around while they cut branches doesn’t make it better. He doesn’t want to fight anyway, so he just ignored them.

They cooked meals, cleaned up after it, tell ghost stories like every other camp and prepared for bed. Myungsoo can’t wash up properly and he’s been pissed the moment they got back from the woods.

“It’ll be one of your unforgettable experiences. I promise!” Sungjong said. But Myungsoo ignored him. He kept touching his hands. “Let me see!” Sungjong argued to take a look. Myungsoo has a splinter. It hurts like hell. “Stay there!” he said while he went outside to look for first aid kits. He finally got it from the teachers and he tries to get the splinter out. “Relax! It’s just a splinter.” Myungsoo tried to calm him. “JUST a splinter? I saw how you react and I know that it really hurts. It’s hard for you to move for the next days with your hands full of splinters.” Sungjong scolded Myungsoo.

 “Do you scold someone because you care about them?” Myungsoo asked. Sungjong shrugged, “Wh-what do you mean by scold. I never scolded you. I don’t care about you. It’s j-just that… it bothers me. You might cry all night and I might not be able to sleep!” he said.

“I never said it was you, stupid.” Myungsoo said. “STUPID?!” Sungjong glared and pressed his splinters. Myungsoo screamed in pain. “I-im sorry… AH! I didn’t mean to say that!” he said.

He sighed then there was silence.

“I was just wondering…” Myungsoo paused.

Mom never scolded me…

Sungjong stopped and wait for him to finish his question. “About?” he asked. Myungsoo shook his head. “Nothing.” Myungsoo stared at Sungjong’s eyes while he was curing his hands. He was beautiful. He’s smart, caring, nice. No wonder everyone fell in love with him. His hearts flutters.

 No way. He thought.

“Done!” Sungjong exclaimed when he finished curing his hands. Myungsoo took his hand, lied in the sleeping bag and turn his back. “Wow. You’re welcome.” Sungjong rolled his eyes and laid as well. “Thank you.” Myungsoo said before he puts himself into slumber.