Chapter 20

I Don't Want To Lose You

Sungjong rushed downstairs thinking that Myungsoo left, but he saw him in the couch. Sitting and just staring at nowhere. He felt relieved. He was worried that Myungsoo might not be feeling better and just left like that.

“Worried?” Myungsoo said. Sungjong quietly nodded.

“I didn’t drench myself in the rain for nothing.” He said then glared into Sungjong. His eyes were red, he was crying the whole time.

“Myungsoo...”

“If you don’t want me to continuously do this…” He slowly got up and his face changes. He approached Sungjong and slowly kneeled. “…Please…” He looked directly into Sungjong’s eyes. “Tell me… why you have to leave, why you needed to reject me, why all of this is happening…”

Both their eyes were filled with tears.

“Why we both need to suffer and hurt… why we both have to feel this way… why we have to have these tears in our eyes…. Why our hearts have to be crushed in million pieces….”

Myungsoo was crying but he tried to hold it back and looked down.

“I… I feel like sh*t…” Myungsoo blurted out.

Sungjong wiped his tears and went down to Myungsoo. He tried to look strong. He cupped Myungsoo’s face and look into his eyes.

“Forget about me… forget everything that we had… I’m begging you. It’ll only be harder for the both of us. I’ll leave and even you can’t stop me… I have to… I need to… and as I leave the country… I’ll leave the memories we had. I’m sorry. It’ll only hurt us.”

Tears stream down his face again.

“It’ll cause the both of us something that we might regret…. I don’t want you to blame me in the end… because it’ll hurt me more than how much it hurts right now…” he cried.

Just in time, Sungyeol went inside. Sungjong had called him to supposedly get help incase Myungsoo left earlier.

“Please…” he said and looked up to Sungyeol. “Guide him home.” Sungjong said turning around and tears fell. “But I don’t understand… Sungjong. Let me understand what you are trying to tell me!” Myungsoo shouted.

“Sungjong! I don’t understand!” he yelled as Sungyeol helps him stand up. “Sungjong, I love you! I can die for you if I have to!”

Sungjong stopped but the tears didn’t. Sungyeol managed to get Myungsoo out of the house before Sungjong broke down into tears. He has to explain it to Myungsoo sooner or later. He needs to explain it.

Myungsoo didn’t leave. He was in front of Sungjong’s house and Sungyeol stayed beside him. He can see through the glass windows how much Sungjong is crying.

“Pabo… you don’t have to keep it in… tell me the reason.” He said as he stares into Sungjong.

Like last night, it rained hard. Harder, actually. Myungsoo stood still and Sungyeol ran into him trying to cover him with an umbrella.

“Myungsoo… you’ll die even before he tells you the reason if you keep doing this.” Sungyeol said.

“If dying is the only way to finally know the reason, I will.” Myungsoo said still standing and never leaving his spot. Sungyeol hurriedly excused himself and called Sungjong to tell him what’s happening.

“WHAT?! Myungsoo….” He exclaimed and looked out the window. Myungsoo’s still there. Waiting…

He went outside bringing an umbrella and Myungsoo’s face lightened. “Sungjong…” but before he could finish his sentence, Sungjong slapped him.

“Why do you have to do this?! Don’t make yourself suffer just because of me! I’m not worth it! I’m not worth your tears, your love and everything!” He cried.

Myungsoo suddenly hugged him tight, and he dropped his umbrella causing them both to be drenched.

“Don’t think that way… you are Sungjong… even if im suffering…. even if im dying… even if I have to donate every organ I have if you need it, I’d be more than willing… Sungjong, you changed me. I’m a lot better and I’m not a bastard anymore…”

He loosens his hug and looked into Sungjong’s eyes. “It’s all because of you…”

“Myungsoo.” Sungjong cut him down. “I have to leave…”

“…I’m the only inheritor of our business in Canada. My father’s sick, my mother can’t take over…”

Myungsoo was taken aback by his sudden confession.

“… Myungsoo they need me.” Sungjong said.

“That’s not all… there’s more. I know it Sungjong…” Myungsoo said. “Even if you inherit every single coin in the world, why do you have to leave me and tell me we can’t be together!” Myungsoo yelled but at the same time, he's crying.

“My father…. He threatened me… he’ll ruin you… he’ll ruin your life and everyone around you…”

 

Sungjong cried and cried.

 

“He can kill you if he has to…”

-------

So this chapter's cheesy as heck! I didn't realize that as I was writing it before. ㅋㅋㅋ Anyway, hope you guys are enjoying the fic. :)