Chapter 19

I Don't Want To Lose You

 

Sungjong woke up by the sound of doorbell. It has been ringing for a while so he rushed out because it seems like it was an emergency, also it was raining hard. The moment he opened the front door, it was the subdivision body guards.

“Sir, we’re very sorry to disturb you in the middle of the night but a man outside the subdivision kept screaming your name and pleading us to come in. He doesn’t want to be calmed down and he’s drenched in the rain. He refuses any help we give him.”

Sungjong nodded and went with them. They went outside the subdivision and he saw Myungsoo kneeling down, completely drenched.

“You can leave us for a while.” He said and went outside the gate.

“What are you doing?!” he said kneeling down to Myungsoo’s level. He wasn’t responding. “Myungsoo, go home. Please don’t be…”

Before he could finish his sentence, Myungsoo sniffed and coughed. He touched his forehead. “Oh my god, Myungsoo! You have a high fever!” he exclaimed. He asked the guards to help them to go back to his house.

They dried him and laid him down the bed. Sungjong hurriedly went to the bathroom and took the things he needed to nurse Myungsoo. He tapped his forehead with a towel and dropped medicine into his mouth which was slightly open.

He doesn’t have any response. He was shivering and he was pale as a snow. “Stupid…” he said. He cried himself to sleep not leaving Myungsoo’s side.

The next day, Myungsoo was feeling a little better. He saw Sungjong and hurriedly sat back up. “S-sungjong…” he said with a faint voice. He was asleep and his face still has a mark of worry. He saw the medicine and towels. “I was sick?”

He moved some of Sungjong’s bangs which revealed his milky skin and flower boy face. He smiled but his beautiful smile slowly faded away.

“Why… why do I have to feel like you’re not really mine… why do I feel like you’re so far away? What happened?” Tears fell across his cheeks. He was crying while looking at Sungjong.

“It hurts so much. I don’t know what’s happening, why did this all happened. Sungjong… I thought we had something. Why are you like this?”

He wiped his tears. He got up carefully not wanting to wake Sungjong up. He cleaned up everything and went outside. But Sungjong was awake. There were tears streaming down.

“I’m sorry Myungsoo.” He cried.