Chapter 1

I Don't Want To Lose You

 

It was the first day of school in Seungri High. Everyone gathered with their friends, talking about what they did during the break. Some are busy fixing their things into their lockers.

As Sungjong walks around the school, he noticed students gathering in an area. It wasn’t normal. He went there and took a peek of why they were there. As he walks closer, he saw a familiar face. It was Sungyeol, the guy he knows ever since he was a kid. They were neighbors. They’re studying in the same school though, but he saw him glaring. 

“Excuse me, excuse me.” He said as he walks between the crowd. He saw another student, an unfamiliar one. They were glaring at each other.

“Why don’t you leave this school? Don’t make a fuss here and just leave!” Sungyeol yelled.

“Leave? Oh, but I just got in here? Since you’re the one who looks scared, why don’t you just leave instead?” the other boy answered. Sungyeol was furious. Sungjong doesn’t know why and who’s the other guy.

“Ya, Lee Sungyeol!” Sungjong shouted. It caught everyone’s attention. “What’s the matter here?”

“Oh. So, you have someone to save you, eh? Tch. What do I expect from someone like you? No one wants to see you beaten up right?” said by the other student in a sarcastic and very annoying tone.

“Hey you. You look new. It’s your first day and you’re making a fuss like this?” Sungjong said.

“Oh. Should I be scared now? Are you a teacher or something?” he mocked.

“I’m not a teacher but I’m the most respected student in this school. Let me introduce myself. I am Lee Sungjong. I’m also the president of the Student Council so I have every right to barge in your stupid fight.” Sungjong bragged.

“Stupid? You don’t even know why we fight. You’ll eat your words once you know, my dear.” The other guy said. “What’s your name?” Sungjong asked. He didn’t answer. He just rolled his eyes and makes a sarcastic smile.

“Myungsoo. Kim Myungsoo.” Sungyeol said with his eyes flaring.

“I can introduce myself.” Myungsoo mocked.

“Then why didn’t you?!” Sungyeol was very furious. Any time now, he could explode or burn someone’s skin just by looking. “Stop it, Sungyeol. Let’s just go to class.” Sungjong grabbed Sungyeol away and the crowd dispersed.

The bell rang.

Everyone went to their respective classroom. And when fate was really working, Myungsoo and Sungyeol are in the same class. They were apart from each other, which is a relief. After a while, Sungjong walks in. He noticed how everyone is looking at Myungsoo.

“He’s so handsome!” a girl said to her friend. “Yeah, but they said he’s a trouble maker right?” the other argued. “It’s alright! He’s still handsome.”

“Handsome my .” Sungjong thought.

He’s seat was beside Myungsoo. When he sat, Myungsoo made an annoying smirk. “Acting like a senior. Tch. He’s just a sophomore like me, too.”

“Yes. I am your senior. You will never understand even if I tell you because of that brain of yours.” He answered.

Myungsoo looked, and when Sungjong looked back, he looked away. Sungjong can see in the edge that Myungsoo was looking then he looked back and he looked away again.

Psh… weirdo.

The teacher went inside and Sungjong stood up. “Everyone, greet!” Everyone bowed and greet. Myungsoo knew that he’s the class president as well. “Running for politics?” Myungsoo asked but Sungjong ignored him.

When the class ended, a group of three guys went to Sungjong. “Ahh….. wou---would you like t-to eat lunch with us? Our treat!” they offered. “Sorry, I have a lot to do. So I’ll skip lunch. But thanks for the offer.” He said in a chic way.

Sungjong is a Class President and the President of the Student Council. He’s the top student out of all the students in Seungri High School. He’s also popular with everyone because of his beauty. Not only that, he’s in charge of the school newspaper so no one dared to mess with him because he can make rumors and everyone will believe him.

Myungsoo followed Sungjong and Sungyeol walking past him to Sungjong. They were talking and Sungyeol was apologizing. He messed Sungyeol’s hair and smiled. They seem so close. When Sungyeol left, he followed Sungjong again. He went to his own office. It’s where he writes the news. Before he could enter the room, his door was filled with gifts from his admirers. He had to get all of it before he could enter his office.

“I wonder why everyone seems to like him.” Myungsoo thought. “And why is Sungyeol respecting him too much?”

He wants to ruin Sungyeol’s life and maybe, he thought, Sungjong could be a way to do so.